• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Menu/UI video

Rashid

Banned
Did the guy the trackpad for typing? Looked like it. And a GAFfer here made a concept of using the trackpad to type months ago. Anyone have the image? But bravo if he was fully right.

Mr.Ock

"No. You join mine"
"Right away, ma'am"

Really like the interface and multitasking seems very snappy (assuming it's the real deal)

tehbible

is it just me or does this new PS4 menu look too much like Windows' tile based UI.

not a fan of it. as long as its functional whatever.

NwxkdUo.jpg

Erasus

Seems like the PSN store but for the whole OS.

Awesome with the multitasking, they should have pushed that so people see its just like XOne.
Great with separate downloads!

Sblargh

Banned
I want to see how these tiles hold up when you are trying to select one game out of a library of 100.

They never look functional enough, imo.

Majine

Banned
Did the guy the trackpad for typing? Looked like it. And a GAFfer here made a concept of using the trackpad to type months ago. Anyone have the image? But bravo if he was fully right.

It would be alot faster if you can just write letters on it, instead of using it to navigate that silly virtual keyboard.

Sony, please turn this into a PS4-exclusive television series (preferably with Josh Schwartz as executive producer). I simply need to know whether or not Will Walker finds true love with Sarah Greene.

Whole lot of info in here. Being able to download multiplayer vs single player first? Nice. Headset looks alright but but I have Turtle Beaches for that anyway. Mobile Playstation Store? Woopwoop!

A combo of Metro with XMB would have been sweet. As long as the social stuff can be turned off or at least stricted to video game stuff only i'll be happy. And i want dynamic themes too!

Darknight

Parties! Finally!!!

ux7Gq2e.png

There's also what seems to be a new version of the cross game text chat mixed in with Parties.

QNumnLL.png

Looks like the regular chat rooms from PS3 but obviously improved. Seems great. It should be super fast and not a lag fest when you used it ingame.

DBT85

what about Physical games? do you install them entirely onto HDD or what?

I don't tihnk it's been confirmed yet, but I think we are expecting stealth installs while you are playing the game instead of waiting a fucking week like with some PS3 games lol.

With the size of the games and the amount of RAM to fill I expect installs to be required for all games, but some might allow you to install more than others.

Doubt any will allow you to play without the disk though, as that's just a license to sell the game and continue playing.

Like what I've seen of the UI so far. Like the option to download SP or MP first too. Would love to see the stats for who downloads what first on games like COD. Sure most will buy it retail, but a bunch will still get it digitally.

ckohler

Did his friend just start talking to him without having to accepting a chat request first? Or did they just omit that part?

Breemin

Very Cool. Very Excited to get the PS4 this holiday season!

Too bad not to many of my rl friends are gamers. I should have been born 10-15 years later!!

Greatly improved UI and features compared to PS3, and I hope it is just as fast and fluid as they show here.

However, I fucking hate the video itself. Just comes off lame and fake.

dr_rus

Yeah, I don't like it. A lot of boxes floating onto a blue background. Looks exactly like an interface that was made be people who doesn't know how to make interfaces.
But that's ok, I'm not planning on using it for anything more that launching the game I've just inserted into the drive.

MEsoJD

Banned
Oh god that acting... Man maybe if I get a ps4, cute girls like that will play with meh?
Really though, I look forward to seeing more of the UI.

Fehyd

Banned
The interface looks a lot like a doled-up XMD. Seems like the lateral XMB interface is still there, except instead of nested options pressing downwards, you motion down and then can motion in whatever direction.

Top Bottom