• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

X-Frame

After this patch my gameplay seems to slow down, like the FPS is dropping considerably. It often happens when I sprint or run in a Titan and is very unsettling.

Rayme

After this patch my gameplay seems to slow down, like the FPS is dropping considerably. It often happens when I sprint or run in a Titan and is very unsettling.

It sounds like on at least one platform (not PC though?) we've reset the FoV setting. That's really lame, but might explain why things feel different for you. Try bumping it back up if this applies to you).

Rayme

1. It hung without me doing anything. I think it has something to do with the data centers connecting, because I was able to scroll through the menu for about a second or two until the game displayed the data center connection in the bottom left corner. At that point, the background animation completely froze, and I was unable to interact with the menu at all (I couldn't change what I was selecting either, the "cursor" was on the select chapter campaign button, and I couldn't move it down to select multiplayer). I closed and reopened the game, and it did the same thing. I tried fully restarting my console and router, and it did the same thing. So, I let it sit for ~3 minutes, then the screen flickered and everything was back to normal. Since then, I haven't encountered any more freezing when starting up the game.

2. I usually run Spotify in the background when playing without issue, but when I got this bug Titanfall 2 was the only thing that was running. I don't think there were any other patches downloading for other games, but I might have missed that.

Hi, after the patch this is happening to me.
At first for maybe 1-2 seconds I can move through the menus then it completely locks up for a few minutes. The background music plays but you cannot move through the menus at all. Once it comes back it is fine.
If I stop the application running whilst it is frozen I get the blue screen with CE-34878-0 error.
I don't have any unusual options or apps running. I've had my PSN account for many years, there is nothing unusual about it.
Sorry I can't give you any more info.

Unlike the poster above me, mine still does this every time I boot the game up.

Also on a different note, I unlocked a new execution called Curb Check. I assume this isn't released yet. Annoyingly it now permanently tells me I have new customisation in the multiplayer screen but I can't get rid of it because the execution isn't there to look at.

Thanks for the inquiry Rayme. Unfortunately the game keeps (temporarily) locking up on new fresh boots too. So it's not a one-time thing for me (as it is for some others it seems).

To answer the questions: It hangs without doing anything too. The background animation (the fire sparks) just stops after a few seconds and you can't do anything for a few minutes. Same error code as the guy above when you quit application during the freeze.

Not running any background applications. Nothing weird about my psn account as far as I know, My PS4 (non-pro) is activated as primary console. Got the digital version of the game. My Plus ran out a month ago and wanted to get back into some TF2 with the free Plus weekend going on now, but I wouldn't consider that a weird thing for my account.

This is great info to have, thank-you all. I hope it goes without saying that we're a bit mortified this is happening to you at all, and there are a number of people looking at this right now.

Here's a question, for those of you affected; what's your friends-list situation? Do you have a lot, and/or a lot of friends requests?

I was watching a PS4 stream of a guy called OG Applesauce. At one point he showed his stats on stream and he had over 18 days played, over 3800 games. and over 106k pilot kills as a pilot(a little over 500 as a Titan). That blew me away as I have over 11 days played and just barely 20k kills(17k as a pilot, 3k as a Titan). At my pace I still wouldn't catch him with 55 days played lol. The dude does play PvP almost exclusively and is averaging nearly 30 kills per game where as I'm very average and only does 10-11 lol.

This kind of just reminds me that their is no leaderboards in this game. I wish it did have it just so we would know where we all stand in all kinds of categories like total kills, Titan melee's, or even successful evac. I'm sure some people actually prefer those leaderboards not being available but I always found it fun to see where I stand against the rest of the player base.

X-Frame

It sounds like on at least one platform (not PC though?) we've reset the FoV setting. That's really lame, but might explain why things feel different for you. Try bumping it back up if this applies to you).

Hey! Thanks for dropping in. I'm on PS4 if that helps. And my FoV was at 110 and it didn't seem to be any different. I dropped it down to 90 and will try again later and keep tinkering. The stuttering seemed to get a bit better as I kept playing games.

Arrrammis

This is great info to have, thank-you all. I hope it goes without saying that we're a bit mortified this is happening to you at all, and there are a number of people looking at this right now.

Here's a question, for those of you affected; what's your friends-list situation? Do you have a lot, and/or a lot of friends requests?

I have roughly 130 friends on PSN, usually about 20 are online at a time with ~60 online at peak hours. No friend requests at the moment.

Thanks for looking into this, I really appreciate the communication!

deicide2673

Neo Member

I have 350 friends and 25 friend requests currently. There is normally 80 or so online at any given time.

Is phase rewind even useful and do I hold the button down to rewind I seem to barely move when I use it? Using gambler boost in live fire has me trying all types of stuff I don't use.

Arrrammis

Is phase rewind even useful and do I hold the button down to rewind I seem to barely move when I use it? Using gambler in live fire has me trying all types of stuff I don't use.

Not really IMO. You just need to hit the button and you'll rewind, it moves you back to wher you were 3(?) seconds earlier, so that faster you move the farther back you move. Also, If there's someone in the location that you come out of phase in, you kill them, which can be funny.

Jinjo

Nice to see you guys pick up on this so quickly. Thankfully the game is still playable but it's like waiting at a stoplight when you just wanna drive your Titan lol.

I have about 250 friends with around 40/50 online at any given time. No outstanding requests or cluttered notifications list, all clean.

Not really IMO. You just need to hit the button and you'll rewind, it moves you back to wher you were 3(?) seconds earlier, so that faster you move the farther back you move. Also, If there's someone in the location that you come out of phase in, you kill them, which can be funny.

Just a thought, but would you guys consider it too good if it were changed so that it'd saved your life at least once per activation? Say you activate it and it last maybe a minute or 30 seconds and if you're killed within that time it actually won't count as a death but instead it'll just move you back the same amount of distance or time that it does now.

Maybe they could balance it further by only giving you half health when you come back to life so that it's not a free escape. You'll still be at a disadvantage instead of the situation just being completely reset. I thought that could make people actually use phase rewind if anything.

Arrrammis

Just a thought, but would you guys consider it too good if it were changed so that it saved your life at least once per activation? Say you activate it and it last maybe a minute or 30 seconds and if you're killed within that time it actually won't count as a death as just move you back the same amount of distance or time that it does now.

Maybe they could balance it further by only giving you half health when you come back to life so that it's not a free escape. You'll still be at a disadvantage instead of the situation just being completely reset. I thought that could make people actually use phase rewind if anything.

I think that could be pretty interesting, maybe make the window smaller (~10 seconds) and make it consume the boost even if you don't die in that window of time. Because at the moment it's more useless than the normal phase shift ability since you can't control exactly where it takes you. That change could also make it really useful in Live Fire, and situations where you know there are 2+ enemies around a corner and you want to try to kill at least one and get out (in this case, by being killed).

I think that could be pretty interesting, maybe make the window smaller (~10 seconds) and make it consume the boost even if you don't die in that window of time. Because at the moment it's more useless than the normal phase shift ability since you can't control exactly where it takes you. That change could also make it really useful in Live Fire, and situations where you know there are 2+ enemies around a corner and you want to try to kill at least one and get out (in this case, by being killed).

They just need to extend the rewind time cod plays much slower and the rewind rig works fine it goes back maybe 5 seconds. I figured it worked just like that and you can use us as a panic button in cod. But in titanfall it just seems useless.

Cels

the custom mixtape matchmaking update saved titanfall for me

i can play bh and lts again at will instead of hoping the mixtape puts me in

but where did skirmish go?

jorgejjvr

Have not been able to play the game at all tonight :(

Keeps crashing on title screen on ps4. My game is downloaded too, not a disc

Anyone else having problems?

I hope they fix it....

Was this after the patch?

I hope they fix it....

I have the digital version on PS4 pro and no issues here. Some people are getting black screens but it should load eventually.

grendelrt

How do people still not get how to play Bounty Hunt??? Just had a guy with 62 pts for the whole match, but he had 12 player kills. Every mode is not deathmatch, go play that if you want to just shoot other players.

Argonomic

I hope they fix it....

There is a bug that is causing a pause that (if I understand it correctly) is related in length to the number of PlayStation friends you have.

How do people still not get how to play Bounty Hunt??? Just had a guy with 62 pts for the whole match, but he had 12 player kills. Every mode is not deathmatch, go play that if you want to just shoot other players.

That's my main issue with Bounty Hunt (and Attrition to a certain extent)

Respawn lays down all of these grunts, spectres and reapers for players to take for free points, yet some still avoid them like the plague.

You can deny people's Bounty Hunt bonus all you want, but if they're the ones who get most of the grunt kills, the base money they get there won't go away

Only had the freezing issue for about 10 seconds and I didn't have to mess with the FOV setting

still getting matched up with terrible teammates tho

Complex and Crash Site to start off the night....

Devotion is unchanged

Just garbage

When I play Amped Hardpoint I notice sometimes I'll have a teammate or the other side will have a player that does nothing but just use the opportunity to go for kills. They'll finish in the bottom 3 but first in kills. I'm sure some of these guys will say they're just trying to help the team win but I get the feeling most are just in there to pad their stats.

At least it's no where near as bad as COD where literally nobody cares about playing the objective in Domination. If there is one thing I like about AH in Titanfall 2 it's that you don't get to be MVP by ignoring the objective.

When I play Amped Hardpoint I notice sometimes I'll have a teammate or the other side will have a player that does nothing but just use the opportunity to go for kills. They'll finish in the bottom 3 but first in kills. I'm sure some of these guys will say they're just trying to help the team win but I get the feeling most are just in there to pad their stats.

At least it's no where near as bad as COD where literally nobody cares about playing the objective in Domination. If there is one thing I like about AH in Titanfall 2 it's that you don't get to be MVP by ignoring the objective.

And that's why I love the mode (^____^)

I bought the game from a PSN sale, played through the campaing in a few nights and now starting to get into MP. Pretty fun!

Is there a lot of GAF groups going on?

Jinjo

Try now and report if it's still happening for you, thanks.

Unfortunately it's still happening. I can move around a few more seconds in the menu though before it happens. And it happens for a little less longer, duration of the freeze is about a minute now instead 3/4 minutes before.

FFA is dope. Yeesh

I'm thinking about Titanfall 2 on my way to work...

Live fire has me feeling like that right now it's a shame the mode only has two maps. I'm hoping they make some smaller versions of existing maps or something for the mode. I always wanted titanfall movement and combat in a small arena environment.

Greddleok

I'm the exact opposite. If they put more time and resources into live fire, I'll probsbly go back to Overwatch. Can't stand live fire. Small maps are the bane of titanfall imo.

I'm the exact opposite. If they put more time and resources into live fire, I'll probsbly go back to Overwatch. Can't stand live fire. Small maps are the bane of titanfall imo.

I hate the a wall and sentrys and they are basicly useless in live fire. I love the big maps but the movement in titanfall is what I love about the series. I'm also a sucker for search and destroy. I got a 6 man ace yesterday and it felt so good.

A-wall, devotion and senteries are still broken. Like I understand these things are a crutch for bad players who can't move and slide hop but it's annoying.

Arrrammis

I bought the game from a PSN sale, played through the campaing in a few nights and now starting to get into MP. Pretty fun!

Is there a lot of GAF groups going on?
A few friends and I are on most evenings (about 8:00 pm CST, except for Monday, Tuesdays,and Wednesdays) and grouped up playing Attrition, LTS,Bounty Hunt, and Live Fire (yay for new matchmaking!). Feel free to add me if you like, PSN is the same as my Gaf name.

deicide2673

Neo Member
Anyone else not getting matched into a game? Just tried and it just cycles around and never finds a match!
I've tried every mode/all modes and nothing. It was working fine earlier???

Donos

Asking again, how can i get to the Angel City 24/7 playlist (PS4)? Is it gone now?

Really like the G2 now and how i sounds/feels. Good times.

Top Bottom