• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Izuna

Banned
Respawn

I love you.

I think Bounty Hunt and FFA in this game amazeballs. I do hope you adjust Attrition, but honestly, the custom playlist revitalizing these modes has been enough.

I was willing to wait for it, and you guys didn't throw away your shot at making fans like me on your side.

;)

ghostwich

Angel City 24/7 and PvP/FFA are all gone for now, but the devs have said that the new matchmaking is a work in progress, meaning maybe those will come back.

I really like Live Fire but in my experience it's really all over the place because it's matchmaking vs randoms. The double XP is going to keep it populated over the weekend.

Angel City 24/7 and PvP/FFA are all gone for now, but the devs have said that the new matchmaking is a work in progress, meaning maybe those will come back.

I really like Live Fire but in my experience it's really all over the place because it's matchmaking vs randoms. The double XP is going to keep it populated over the weekend.

Angel City 247 and Skirmish are gone, PvP and FFA are still in.

Respawn

I love you.

I think Bounty Hunt and FFA in this game amazeballs. I do hope you adjust Attrition, but honestly, the custom playlist revitalizing these modes has been enough.

I was willing to wait for it, and you guys didn't throw away your shot at making fans like me on your side.

;)

Being able to play hardpoint and LTS on local servers feels so good.

X-Frame

Holy shit the new Holo Pilot is so damn fun. Is the cool down much lower than the other Tactical abilities?

In any case, it's quite remarkable how often I've tricked people. All it takes is someone to shoot at my decoy for a second and I can see their bullet trail and then kill them. It's seriously a lot of fun.

JaMarco

Holy shit the new Holo Pilot is so damn fun. Is the cool down much lower than the other Tactical abilities?

In any case, it's quite remarkable how often I've tricked people. All it takes is someone to shoot at my decoy for a second and I can see their bullet trail and then kill them. It's seriously a lot of fun.
It was always a cool idea for an ability, but the Holos were just to fragile before for using it to be worth it.

deoee

I played again in ages and LiveFire is really really something that I like.

Didn't think it'll be that much fun
AU7Amsc.gif

Donos

Tone is still good. Sonar pulse cooldown is noticeable since i had the old cooldown time internalized.
Reduced projectile size of the 40mm is also noticeable but rather a minor nerf. 40mm is still so good for picking up pilots.

Pretty positive it's gone now.
-_-

Any Primary Launcher + Mozambique + Electric Smoke is a really effective combo in Bounty Hunt.

Throw the grenade in one area, while you spray explosives in the other.

Though, it still boggles my mind how people think getting +15 Pilot kills with less than 500 points equates to them as useful in that mode...

Arrrammis

Any Primary Launcher + Mozambique + Electric Smoke is a really effective combo in Bounty Hunt.

Throw the grenade in one area, while you spray explosives in the other.

Though, it still boggles my mind how people think getting +15 Pilot kills with less than 500 points equates to them as useful in that mode...
For bonus points, throw up a pilot sentry on point A during the infantry rounds while you farm point B for maximum points. I agree on the contribution front, but Bounty Hunt is so deceptively different than Attrition that people don't seem to realize that they're not playing the mode correctly.

Did they change the spawn system in Dry Dock or something, because it feels like it's very easy for spawn camping to occur on that map now?

Arrrammis

Did they change the spawn system in Dry Dock or something, because it feels like it's very easy for spawn camping to occur on that map now?

Dry dock has always been one of the worst maps for spawn camping in my experience, if you start respawning in either of the starting positions and the other team has titans, they can just keep you spawning there for the rest of the match. Fortunately, usually at least one enemy pilot runs into the spawn and clears it out so you finally spawn somewhere else.

Hopping on PS4, if anyone wants to group up to escape the randoms please join me!

VeeP

Wow. I hit a weird bug playing Live Fire. I joined a game in progress, first round just finished. When I "spawned" everything was black. Had to quit.

Edit: Wow. Happened 2 games in a row? I could still see the subtitles and when I pressed back I could see the score board. Weird.

Played a bunch of Live Fire the past couple of days and I ended up really enjoying it. A-Walls are kind of cancer and campy play-styles can make it tedious, but it's super fun in decent lobby.

One game there was a dude with a Dev badge, I looked at his profile and his Xbox Avatar had a pretty kickass Titanfall, avatar entering Titan, then running around with a Vortex Shield and all that. Is that something that's on sale somewhere? I want it.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/VeePs/video/27549565

Played Livefire today, and I tossed my pulse blade and managed to kill someone (on accident) lol. I didn't know this was possible.
Funny, I had a pretty similar experience: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Pegasus Actual/video/27567514

I had no clue what was on that class, as you can see I haphazardly tried to edit it on the fly. I wanted to whip up something with a Kraber real quick. My tactical button is basically a Phase Shift button for me. My brain doesn't even process that it can do other things, I had no idea I had Pulse Blade on, and as you can see I had no clue I had a Mag Launcher either for that matter, lol.

Izuna what have you done again?

It has always been the worst map in terms of spawn camping, you can trap the entire team in the loading bay area with minimal effort, and with how open that area is, it is extremely hard for an unorganized team to break out.

Drifters

So....

My conclusion is that they completely silently buffed Legion to the point where even Ion can't deal with the damage from the gun. For kicks, I took my main pilot build out with phase shift and replaced Ronin with Legion and all of the sudden, shit was exploding left right and center. Dash + Secret compartment = God mode for this Titan and it seems like the other Titans cannot cope save Scorch flame shield.

It's weird... Having gone from Tone to Ion to Scorch to Ronin and now to Legion (Northstar is still worthless imo and won't bother playing that class of titan), it's interesting how they are balancing out the playing field. On one hand, if you have a team in Attrition of all Ronins, Tones or Scorches, you get burned fairly badly (pun intended) however, if you actually balance it out between 2 Ronin's a Tone, Scorch and Legion, you own the other team game in and game out.

Other people have any opinions? Seems like Legion is the Titan to beat now.

Gator86

So....

My conclusion is that they completely silently buffed Legion to the point where even Ion can't deal with the damage from the gun. For kicks, I took my main pilot build out with phase shift and replaced Ronin with Legion and all of the sudden, shit was exploding left right and center. Dash + Secret compartment = God mode for this Titan and it seems like the other Titans cannot cope save Scorch flame shield.

It's weird... Having gone from Tone to Ion to Scorch to Ronin and now to Legion (Northstar is still worthless imo and won't bother playing that class of titan), it's interesting how they are balancing out the playing field. On one hand, if you have a team in Attrition of all Ronins, Tones or Scorches, you get burned fairly badly (pun intended) however, if you actually balance it out between 2 Ronin's a Tone, Scorch and Legion, you own the other team game in and game out.

There's been literally no mention of any Legion-related anything in this patch or the server side update. I'm guessing if you're noticing anything tangible, it's that Ion can't shield glitch to dump 5 bars of damage on a Legion instantly.

So....

I never felt Legion being a threat as a Ion/Ronin main, that doesn't change with this patch at all.
Other than I can't one shot Legions any more lol.

Sojgat

Is there a way to turn off Scorch's ADS projectile path display?

Because all it's doing is throwing off my aim.

Edit: I hate it so much. Makes me want to stop using Scorch, which makes me want to stop playing the game.

Dann. Live fire is the best game mode I've played in years. And stacks is an awesome map. I think I might be addicted...

Reapawn needs to go back to the clean design like stacks. No shitt on the ground or walls to get stuck on. Just lots of high walls and flat surfaces. I wouldn't mind stacks in pilot vs pilot.

Donos

Wasn't he already junored? That's dangerous perma waters when getting banned.

Really sad with Angel City playlist. Prefer the Battlefield approach where you have servers and matchmaking. If you want to play 24/7 Crash Site, here's a server for you :).

At least i get to play the other maps more again but when you don't like half of them and the matchmaking puts you constantly in the half you don't like, then it puts a damper on the will to play TF2.

Greddleok

I think I'm going to take a break from TF|2. Feeling a little burned out. My biggest gripe at the moment is how Titan combat is so limited. I want my Titan to be able to last the whole game if I play smart.

I can stay alive as a pilot the whole game, but as soon as my Titan (esp. Ronin) is 1/4 health it's useless. Sure I can go find batteries, but an auto-Titan is such easy pickings for other titans/pilots. By the time I get back in someone's usually doomed it, or a Reaper has started pounding on it.

Gator86

I think I'm going to take a break from TF|2. Feeling a little burned out. My biggest gripe at the moment is how Titan combat is so limited. I want my Titan to be able to last the whole game if I play smart.

I can stay alive as a pilot the whole game, but as soon as my Titan (esp. Ronin) is 1/4 health it's useless. Sure I can go find batteries, but an auto-Titan is such easy pickings for other titans/pilots. By the time I get back in someone's usually doomed it, or a Reaper has started pounding on it.

I can't imagine a Ronin lasting a whole match regardless of what Respawn does. He's just not built to last. Just a couple fights and electric smokes alone will have eaten a good chunk of his health. Even if you want fights handily, the titan explosions lop off a big piece too, not to mention the absurd MGL and reaper damage. Just no chance and I can't imagine what change they could make to pull it off aside from regenerating shields.

Unrelated note: can you shoot Ion's feet when their shield is up? I've never been 100% sure on this. It seems like everything in the radius of a city block gets sucked up.

Drifters

I can't imagine a Ronin lasting a whole match regardless of what Respawn does. He's just not built to last. Just a couple fights and electric smokes alone will have eaten a good chunk of his health. Even if you want fights handily, the titan explosions lop off a big piece too, not to mention the absurd MGL and reaper damage. Just no chance and I can't imagine what change they could make to pull it off aside from regenerating shields.

Unrelated note: can you shoot Ion's feet when their shield is up? I've never been 100% sure on this. It seems like everything in the radius of a city block gets sucked up.

To your ?, AFAIK, everything shot towards Ion is sucked up; It's not like Legion's shield which has a defined area.

Dez_

I love using the Flatline, but damn do I have an inconsistent time with it. One game I go on a massive killing spree and destroy everything in my way, the next has me shooting cardboard cutouts of pilots and I end up at the bottom of the score board...

JaMarco

Is there a way to turn off Scorch's ADS projectile path display?

Because all it's doing is throwing off my aim.

Edit: I hate it so much. Makes me want to stop using Scorch, which makes me want to stop playing the game.
Yeah I don't see a reason not to have a way to shut it off and on when you're ADS like sniper scope zooming in an out. Should be pretty easy to implement.

Top Bottom