• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Respawn, why do Spectres and Stalkers deal damage to Titan shields but not their health? They suck the use out of the battery boost. Consistency would be great.

And why are the Titan fall audio warnings absent during evacuation? I was just crushed by a fall in the midst of destroying the ship.

Am I alone in thinking respawns would improve Live Fire?

I'm sort of with you there. I wanted these two maps to be available in PvP. But having a slightly separate mode with respawns and the focus on holding the flag as long as possible in would also be pretty fun. Maybe you earn a certain amount of points every few seconds and the first to hit 100 or whatever wins. I could dig that.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sort of with you there. I wanted these two maps to be available in PvP. But having a slightly separate mode with respawns and the focus on holding the flag as long as possible in would also be pretty fun. Maybe you earn a certain amount of points every few seconds and the first to hit 100 or whatever wins. I could dig that.

That's the ticket. I get what they're trying to do with having short, intense rounds with no respawns, but you hardly have any time to open up and make cool plays (like the ones shown in the trailers). People tend to hang back and "wait it out," and getting stuck by a jammy Pulseblade in the opening seconds may be funny the first 100 times on Reddit, but I imagine it'll start to wear thin...

Having respawns in such tight, custom-built maps would mean a constant rush of activity and crazy stuff, and would give people more freedom to get creative.

However...I realise spawn positioning/timing/camping would be an immediate issue...maybe a huge wrench in the works.

VeeP

Am I alone in thinking respawns would improve Live Fire?

Make it a constant rush for the flag to see which team can hold it for the longest within a set time, rather than the Pulseblade storm/Snipathon/Deathmatch it often devolves into when players are scared to die.

The trailer was obviously staged and framed to look cool, but I feel like it can never really reach that level of "fun" in its current state. Currently the flag feels like a "secondary" objective, and matches only pick up when someone gets brave/lucky enough to grab it.

I imagine Respawn playtested LF with respawns on (and subsequently binned it), so would love to hear the reasoning. If you're about, Rayme, pretty please?

It would be interesting if they did something similar to Dodgeball in Gears 4. Meaning, once your teammate dies, you can kill an enemy and your teammate respawns. At least that's how I think it works (been awhile since I played Gears 4). I think that would be the best way to do it.

Also, I know Respawn is busy with the Star Wars project, and finishing up some maps for Titanfall 2. But since Live Fire was a hit, they should think about doing some simple remixes of these maps. For instance Meadow at night, with some changes in the Hut locations and pillars. For Stacks, just a different Stack variation.

Gator86

Devotion hasn't been nerfed enough.

:mad:

People freak out in response to the idea of nerfs, but only mechanic changes have really been noticable in TF2 (cloak, map hack). All the other tweaks have been basically nothing for the most part.

I really hope Respawn adds more Titans to the game. I just want the base of the game to have more content. Adding more modes, especially pilot only stuff, does nothing for me.

Smilebomb

Neo Member
Respawn, why do Spectres and Stalkers deal damage to Titan shields but not their health? They suck the use out of the battery boost. Consistency would be great.

And why are the Titan fall audio warnings absent during evacuation? I was just crushed by a fall in the midst of destroying the ship.

Gunfire in general depletes the shield. If you shoot the shield with your primary, you will depelete the shield aswell.

jm89

Some of you won't be happy until these weapons are turned into pea shooters. And once they are on to the next batch of weapons that need nerfing.

The nerfs are enough and definitely noticeable, sometimes you have to accept some weapons will be better than others.

Gator86

Some of you won't be happy until these weapons are turned into pea shooters. And once they are on to the next batch of weapons that need nerfing.

The nerfs are enough and definitely noticeable, sometimes you have to accept some weapons will be better than others.

Nevernerfs, Destiny, make things better not worse, blah, blah blah. The vast majority of balance changes have been buffs, not nerfs, by a wide margin and the TTK is about the same as when the game launched. More weapons, pilot skills, and boosts are viable now and there are less overpowered options. It's almost like balancing requires buffs AND nerfs. Who would have thought?

jm89

Nevernerfs, Destiny, make things better not worse, blah, blah blah. The vast majority of balance changes have been buffs, not nerfs, by a wide margin and the TTK is about the same as when the game launched. More weapons, pilot skills, and boosts are viable now and there are less overpowered options. It's almost like balancing requires buffs AND nerfs. Who would have thought?

I have no problems with the nerfs implemented they are great, definitely with OP weapons like hemlok. I think respawn have done a good job by not listening to people who want these weapons to be turned into complete garbage. Perhaps now it's not the weapon maybe it's the player?

Gunfire in general depletes the shield. If you shoot the shield with your primary, you will depelete the shield aswell.

If that's the case then it's insignificant compared to what the Spectres and Stalkers deal. They can take off near half with about 2-3 shots.

I wouldn't be as annoyed if, you know, Titan shields regenerated.

I have no problems with some being better than others but when certain weapons make others irrelevant you have an issue and need to bring them down.

The Devotion nerf was a joke. No noticeable difference in action.

Gator86

I have no problems with the nerfs implemented they are great, definitely with OP weapons like hemlok. I think respawn have done a good job by not listening to people who want these weapons to be turned into complete garbage. Perhaps now it's not the weapon maybe it's the player?

So git gud basically. Noted.

Are you saying the Devotion wasn't also OP? It was a recoilless laser rifle with an absurd fire rate, 3 hit kills at infinite range, a gigantic clip, and solid hipfire. It was basically the definition of a broken thing. I haven't had the chance to play a ton since the patch, but most impressions say it's basically the same and Respawn's prior balance adjustments have usually been minor, at best.

I'd say that arguing people want weapons turned to trash is a bit of a straw man. It's rarely argued for the most part. The only time I ever say that, for example, is when I'm just plain fucking tired of seeing something. For a while when every game I played was 5 Tones/1 other versus 5 Tones/1 other I would have been totally okay with nerfing Tone into useless garbage.

Arrrammis

The Armor piercing loadout for Northstar is so good in LTS! Shooting straight through a guy to finish of his teammate is incredibly satisfying! Now, if only it let me shoot through Tone's shield...

I think they hit the hemlock too hard tbh and the devotion is still too strong it needs a clip size reduction or damage. the volt shouldn't have been nerfed as much on console.

Anyways first game of the day yesterday and I went on a 24 kill streak in pvp and finished
35-3. One of the things I love about titanfall is I can notice my movement improving everyday.

https://youtu.be/q2ezqkLJjkQ

jm89

So git gud basically. Noted.

Are you saying the Devotion wasn't also OP? It was a recoilless laser rifle with an absurd fire rate, 3 hit kills at infinite range, a gigantic clip, and solid hipfire. It was basically the definition of a broken thing. I haven't had the chance to play a ton since the patch, but most impressions say it's basically the same and Respawn's prior balance adjustments have usually been minor, at best.

I'd say that arguing people want weapons turned to trash is a bit of a straw man. It's rarely argued for the most part. The only time I ever say that, for example, is when I'm just plain fucking tired of seeing something. For a while when every game I played was 5 Tones/1 other versus 5 Tones/1 other I would have been totally okay with nerfing Tone into useless garbage.

Yeah devotion was also OP, from using both these after the patch i think they are fine now, any further nerfs and players will completely turn away from them.

Yeah devotion was also OP, from using both these after the patch i think they are fine now, any further nerfs and players will completely turn away from them.

The devotion is still instant feeds just holding down the trigger. I have lost with an smg up close after patch. There's a reason all the bad players running on the ground and camping on buildings with a-wall use it. Just hold the trigger and it fires so many bullets everything in front of you dies with the aim assist on console.

VeeP

The devotion is still instant feeds just holding down the trigger. I have lost with an smg up close after patch. There's a reason all the bad players running on the ground and camping on buildings with a-wall use it. Just hold the trigger and it fires so many bullets everything in front of you dies with the aim assist on console.

I can't see you losing to an SMG post patch unless:

1.) He saw you first
2.) You missed a few shots
3.) He luckily managed to land a headshot or something at that range.

The time alone it takes for the devotion to enter its spray mode should be enough for you to take him out with an SMG. At least that's my take on it.

And yea, Devotion has been nerfed and I think it's pretty balanced atm. It's much harder to pick up people from far corners of the map with. At the same time, its still a viable weapon and adds weapon variety to the sandbox.

As a CAR/Alternator main, I never had issues taking out Devotion users since the patch, by the time they start to spray me when I'm approaching from above they are 99% times dead. The nerf to first shot accuracy and long range spread are pretty evident.

LaneDS

I think they hit the hemlock too hard tbh and the devotion is still too strong it needs a clip size reduction or damage. the volt shouldn't have been nerfed as much on console.

Anyways first game of the day yesterday and I went on a 24 kill streak in pvp and finished
35-3. One of the things I love about titanfall is I can notice my movement improving everyday.

https://youtu.be/q2ezqkLJjkQ

Well done. That was cool to watch. I also mostly use the CAR on PS4 but don't do nearly as well. What sensitivity and FOV do you use?

Well done. That was cool to watch. I also mostly use the CAR on PS4 but don't do nearly as well. What sensitivity and FOV do you use?

PS4 pro 100 fov. Default sensitivity with classic response curve and dead zone set to none for the right stick and small deadzone for the left.

LaneDS

Default sensitivity with classic response curve and dead zone set to none for the right stick and small deadzone for the left.

I understood the first two words and then nothing beyond that... sounds like I get to go exploring control options tonight after work.

Thanks for sharing though, jokes aside. Watching the clip at first I thought it might be PC but then noticed the PS4 prompts and realized how much better my aiming could be.

I can't see you losing to an SMG post patch unless:

1.) He saw you first
2.) You missed a few shots
3.) He luckily managed to land a headshot or something at that range.

The time alone it takes for the devotion to enter its spray mode should be enough for you to take him out with an SMG. At least that's my take on it.

And yea, Devotion has been nerfed and I think it's pretty balanced atm. It's much harder to pick up people from far corners of the map with. At the same time, its still a viable weapon and adds weapon variety to the sandbox.

I decided to toss a devotion class together and its still needs nerfed just watch I'll let the video speak for itself. I don't even use the devotion much and i got this feed on my second game.

Feeds for days just hold the trigger and watch everyone die. They at least need to lower the clip size.

https://youtu.be/pm__ryXPvbw

Respawn, seriously.... why do you all dislike War Games? Watching some videos and my heart hurts

I decided to toss a devotion class together and its still needs nerfed just watch I'll let the video speak for itself. I don't even use the devotion much and i got this feed on my second game.

Feeds for days just hold the trigger and watch everyone die. They at least need to lower the clip size.

https://youtu.be/pm__ryXPvbw

Cross map with it. It can be fun.

Hip Hop

Can anyone tell me the usual number of players on PC?

I feel like buying it now, just gonna see how okay the community size is.

Can anyone tell me the usual number of players on PC?

I feel like buying it now, just gonna see how okay the community size is.
I don't have an absolute number off the top of my head, but it's fine. Especially with the new matchmaking, I can find a match in pretty much every gamemode at any time of day (US West).

Im joining 700 ping games! Is that just me?

Also hows the balance now? Are titans like northstar viable now? I use nobody but Scorch because I feel most others are inferior but I want a change

Also, whats with the gun balance? I see everyone using the r201 now

Got 22 kills.

Next teammate was 13, then 4

Enemy team is better spread with 12,13, 11

Is it just me, or is that incredibly common? I swear I get so mad carrying the entire team all the time. Im not claiming to be awesome because Im not but I swear Ive played so many games where the score is always so crazy different between players and it frustrates me

Im joining 700 ping games! Is that just me?

Also hows the balance now? Are titans like northstar viable now? I use nobody but Scorch because I feel most others are inferior but I want a change

Also, whats with the gun balance? I see everyone using the r201 now

Tone is still babby mode

Northstar and Ronin got a Dash recharge boost

Northstar's Flight Core no longer has damage fall off. Feels better than before.

201 is secretly the best gun :p Good hipfire for close range and better for longer ranges when ADS

Got 22 kills.

Is it just me, or is that incredibly common? I swear I get so mad carrying the entire team all the time. Im not claiming to be awesome because Im not but I swear Ive played so many games where the score is always so crazy different between players and it frustrates me

Very common. I wish Respawn would implement something that would match you with players closer to your skill level.

Alx

Got 22 kills.

Well if you're better than average, then you may be "stealing" the kills that less skilled players would get if you weren't there. I know that in some games I can get terrible scores because I run around looking for targets that get slaughtered by my teammates before I get to them.

Greddleok

I played a bunch more LF last night. It's fine I guess. I prefer respawns, but I got the hang of the mode and lasted a lot longer.

I still prefer bigger maps and respawns though.

I also played from FFA. It's also...ok. I don't like the constant anxiety it causes me. I also don't like how you always spawn miles from everything (but that's the only way they can do it).
Team based modes will always be my favourite, although I did have an interesting FFA game last night where me (Ronin) and another player (Scorch) were dominating. He beat me by a few points, but it was hilarious because he was chasing me all over the map because I couldn't deal with his Scorch in my Ronin.

SwolBro

Banned
It's nice to see people in this thread finally catching up to things i've been saying for months now, you humble me gaffers. So, let's us all sit back and see what's up-

Mixtape UI

- At first I was ready to throw the Xbox in the trash and give up gaming altogether.

- After the weekend tweaks... wow, they did it. Finally! A matchmaking system that works!
Even with population numbers dwindling you can find games in a variety of modes.

-"Featured playlists" is a great idea. It's nice to put a mode up there people don't normally
play or that isn't popular for double XP. Good freaking move.

- The matchmaking also seems to have improved, only slightly, on team balancing. I have
ran into more challenging matches as of late, but again only slightly.

- Pings do spike up a bit more though. Anyone else notice this?

Live Fire

- Another example of Respawn doing something decent but never reaching greatness.

- Live fire, for what it is intended to be, isn't bad. You go in (i advise never going in not
warmed up) for 10-15min, play a few quick matches, enjoy yourself, and then leave. For
this, it's good. Great even, but

- Instead of making this mode another excellent addition for people that love nothing more
than TDM, they fuck it up with boosts, radar, and not enough maps. Why allow boosts in
a 1 death elimination round? Da hell do these guys think sometimes, really?

- The boosts do nothing but add another obnoxious element to an already overly, at times,
obnoxious experience. No, i don't want to run around the corner and run into a sentry. No i don't
want to deal with a smart pistol or map hack at the very end of the round.

- Live Fire should be a bare bones all out brawl. That's what it should be.

Balances

- Hemlok seems to have been balanced for the most part. You won't find many average
players using this to success anymore, it's still plenty powerful and i wouldn't want to see
it in a CTF tourny.

- Devotion needs a clip size adjustment. Yes, the amount of devotions ripping through
people has shrunk considerably because of the tap fire nerf but it's still
strong, and if you hear it whine up, you're dead. I feel like people are avoiding the
devotion more now since they think it's nerfed, but once they find out it's not that nerfed
you'll start to see it more often.

- Tone is balanced. That's it. I don't want to hear about this anymore.

- Northstar is fine for what this Titan is supposed to be.

- Reapers are still a pain in the fucking ass. Get rid of them. I'm sick of them.

Things left to balance

- Volt. The poor Volt. They opted to kill this amazingly fun gun to use for something asinine
like the flatline.

- 201 dominance. Yes, we will start to see this more often because it's now the easiest AR
to use while being the most effective (after hemlok/devotion nerf) The only way to
balance this gun without destroying it completely would be to reduce aim-assist while
boots are on the ground (for all weapons). Since countless threads and posts on reddit
blasting Respawn for a change hasn't even elicited a solid response, this probably won't
ever come.

- If aim-assist won't be reduced, at least maybe the hitboxes? Particle sizes? It's far too
easy to aim in this game on console. Seriously, it might be the easiest "gunplay" of any
shooter i've ever played. Ever play a private with all hammonds? Hammond only CTF is
about the most skillful, fun experience i've had in Titanfall 2 lol. Honestly. That's what
happens when you actually have to AIM a bit, and engage in actual gun duals.

- Pilot glow. I've seen some great suggestions on reddit lately. Things like making the pilot glow shrink the faster you go (i think i thought of that already). Seriously, pleeeeeease reduce pilot glow respawn. Going back to Titanfall 1 reminds you how awful it's inclusion in Titanfall 2 is.

Changes not in patch notes

- Am i going crazy or did they do things and not place them in the patch notes?

- Why do i feel like movement has changed? It almost feels like the tech test movement.
Ground speed has been reduced? i feel like that for some reason.

- I also do feel like things are easier to chain together, and there's more air control. Strange.

- Legion seems to have been buffed, or resorted back to it's initial state. Anyone feel this?

Why did Izuna get banned? I'm guessing for that 18 year old comment, eh?

Ah, a Milo defender. Good riddance.
Definitely not. This place has a serious problem soon as you step foot into off topic. Any dissenting, or even cautious opinions of not calling everyone a fucking nazi is somehow grounds to get banned here. If you aren't in lockstep with the mob over there you are bound to get banned no matter what. It's a crazy echochamber, and if college campuses are anything like this now, holy crap thank god i'm no longer a University student because that would be brutal.

Only third?

Guess hes not as good as he thinks he is...

hmm yeah Odysseus because i claimed to be the greatest LTS player of all time. Fact is, LTS has a very narrow skill gap, and it usually comes down to teamwork and strategy which we didn't have any going in completely blind. The winners were eventually a team that worked on their strategy, but that also had one of, if not, the best Ronin in the game. Some dude that puts in an absurd amount of hours in LTS only.

Smilebomb

Neo Member
Why is the scoring in Last Titan Standing so dumb. I nearly double the MVP's damage, but because he steals all the kills he does better according to the game. How does that make sense?

LaneDS

Why is the scoring in Last Titan Standing so dumb. I nearly double the MVP's damage, but because he steals all the kills he does better according to the game. How does that make sense?

Does it matter though? I just look at damage done and if folks happen to get the killing blow, no big deal. Folks will know you're doing well based on that number regardless of what the game is displaying.

bigJP

because it doesnt matter how much damage you put if the titan doesnt die. take sports for example, you have goal scoring awards but not assist awards. the assist may be all the work but the goal is what matters in the end.

VeeP

because it doesnt matter how much damage you put if the titan doesnt die. take sports for example, you have goal scoring awards but not assist awards. the assist may be all the work but the goal is what matters in the end.

You can't really compare this to sports tho. But I guess if you have to...

In soccer yea you can run the ball down the field, basically your analogy for health. But at any moment, the other team can reclaim the ball, aka get back full health.

In Last Titan Standing doing damage is literally making the goal post bigger and bigger, until someone can't miss.

And in some cases after all the work you did, someone just comes in and takes your shot. I guess they had their own ball and were waiting in the perfect spot while you did all the work.

So how does this work at this point? Does Swol get automatically banned when Izuna comes back?

As for LTS scoring, a Ronin who's out front, distracting, sword blocking damage, and executing Titans when they try to run away is providing a hell of a lot of service to his team. It's hard to quantify the value of that versus someone in the back lobbing damage from relative safety.

If you want jacked up scoring, play some Live Fire, and marvel at some guy going 0-7 with 2 'flags secured' being MVP. Where the 'flags secured' are two flags he grabbed in roflstomp rounds that ended with 35 seconds left.

SwolBro

Banned
On another note maps better come now and plentiful or else there's nothing saving this game from constant population bleed.

Live Fire's uptick wasn't even significant.

SwolBro

Banned
Lol check your field of view setting.

Of course i did that. It's just a weird feeling, it feels like boots on the ground movement is slower while normal bunny hops and chaining stuff together feels improved... maybe it's in my head.

-------

There's no worse feeling than chaining 10000 moves together at maximum speed with sharp in air cuts only to have the sticky aim-assist from your opponent follow you all the way through to kill you.

I feel like spending money on a PC just so i can go into their games and ruin it for them. Maybe then, with their screams of agony, will Respawn fucking listen and turn that crap down.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I just got this game a few days ago as part of the Xbox EA sale. I am enjoying it, but man getting matched with people who have been playing since launch deals a blow to your ego.

- Tone is balanced. That's it. I don't want to hear about this anymore.

- Legion seems to have been buffed, or resorted back to it's initial state. Anyone feel this?

Tone is not balanced lol So the sonar is delayed a bit and direct hits on pilots may be lower (dont worry because of splash!), but everything else is unchanged. They touched on low effort pilot kills but nothing on Titan engagements

Legion feels no different. If he was reverted to launch state I think I would have noticed :p I wouldn't need Hidden Compartment because he would just shred through everything. I would love to see a buff to his Smart Core. As is its only use is for pilots.

hmm yeah Odysseus because i claimed to be the greatest LTS player of all time. Fact is, LTS has a very narrow skill gap, and it usually comes down to teamwork and strategy which we didn't have any going in completely blind. The winners were eventually a team that worked on their strategy, but that also had one of, if not, the best Ronin in the game. Some dude that puts in an absurd amount of hours in LTS only.

Just yanking your chain, m8

I've never played LTS, but this shit really bugs me when I play Attrition. It's me and another Titan 1v1. We go at it and I take a lot of damage but in the end I'm the one pulling ahead and I'm there to the very end trying to finish him off. But when the guy dies all I get is a fucking assist with 20% going towards my next Salvo core? WTF is that shit?

I'm actually OK with losing the kill if another guy gets the execution. But if I'm there grinding away at another Titan and use my core against him, it's very frustrating to not get credit when I dealt probably 80-90% of the damage. I still don't understand how credit is given in this game when it comes to Titan kills. I've seen myself do all the damage and not get creidit, I've seen myself land one hit and get all the credit. I've seen myself land the final blow and not get the credit. It's just confusing to me and I'd love to know if their is actually an explanation behind it.

Top Bottom