• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

So Devotion apparently got nerfed again.

Yep
https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5x6nqd/server_patch_now_live_on_all_platforms/
  • Devotion near damage slightly reduced.
  • Devotion mid-range damage reduced, requiring one more bullet to kill.

Wrong way, I feel. The issue I have is the range/damage/accuracy when you're full speed. Its effective range should be close-mid range when fully ramped up. ADS should be damn near useless at this state.

Gator86

So Devotion apparently got nerfed again.

Wow, that was fast. Can they do all the weapons balancing server side now? That would be great, although I'd say they're just about there anyway in terms of pilot weapon balance. If they add new stuff to the game, that would be handy though.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
- Live Fire should be a bare bones all out brawl.

Strongly agree. If it's gonna be 1 death rounds, they should get rid of Boosts, etc.
If they want to keep Boosts and make everything crazy, they should enable respawns.

And wha-- Izuna was banned again? It's like a probability thing with that guy. After a certain post threshold, he's bound to say something unsavoury, haha.

Since the update I've finally been able to play LTS (the new Mixtape/matchmaking rocks) and I absolutely love it. Got to Gen3 last night and Northstar to Gen2 (first Titan to do so). I don't have a great deal of time to play these days, but this is the first multiplayer shooter where I feel motivated to get better, and "prestiging" is satisfying.

Here's a little Northstar spree that I had at one point. (Ended up losing because I was having too much fun and not paying attention to the flags xD)

Arrrammis

And this is how you know you have a pretty good group:
4fI1bQ5.jpg

GG's Odysseus, Dez, and Shem!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hit 10.50 and I guess that's it. lol
I never expected to play this much, but I think that I can just stop and take a breather for a while until maybe the co-op mode drops.

More titans and more titan only modes please. LTS is the best game mode I've ever played. Love the strategy and skill, only negative is one melee hit is an auto kill on a doomed titan

Donos

Yep
https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5x6nqd/server_patch_now_live_on_all_platforms/

Wrong way, I feel. The issue I have is the range/damage/accuracy when you're full speed. Its effective range should be close-mid range when fully ramped up. ADS should be damn near useless at this state.

I agree. Don't change it only over the damage but range/recoil in full mode. It's an lmg so it should be packing a punch but not be accurate like mounted on tripod from across the map.
Well, weapon balance is probably not a favorite task as a fps dev and not easy either.

SwolBro

Banned
Tone is not balanced lol So the sonar is delayed a bit and direct hits on pilots may be lower (dont worry because of splash!), but everything else is unchanged. They touched on low effort pilot kills but nothing on Titan engagements

Tone is definitely balanced. We ran some private matches and it's for sure no where near as lethal. It will remain being the Titan with the lowest barrier to entry but that doesn't make it OP. Going in soloq for most modes i'd opt for Ion or Ronin way before i would Tone.

edit:

Skirmish is terrible. why one earth do you guys want to play this mode? Also, until they fix the aim-assist, or size of pilot hitboxes every gun will continue to piss everyone off, even the devotion. There's no escaping death in this game, the opponent has to be really really awful in order for you to out strafe or out maneuver their shots. It's impossible. Why Respawn thought pulling the game in-line with COD TTK is beyond my comprehension. Truly.

On console it's an abomination and i don't see how the game will have longevity like this. I really don't. The whole point of a FPS is gunplay, and if the gunplay is merely holding down right trigger... no one likes that anymore. COD style of easiness is no longer popular. Not sure Respawn got the memo yet.

Gator86

Tone is definitely balanced. We ran some private matches and it's for sure no where near as lethal. It will remain being the Titan with the lowest barrier to entry but that doesn't make it OP. Going in soloq for most modes i'd opt for Ion or Ronin way before i would Tone.

edit:

Skirmish is terrible. why one earth do you guys want to play this mode? Also, until they fix the aim-assist, or size of pilot hitboxes every gun will continue to piss everyone off, even the devotion. There's no escaping death in this game, the opponent has to be really really awful in order for you to out strafe or out maneuver their shots. It's impossible. Why Respawn thought pulling the game in-line with COD TTK is beyond my comprehension. Truly.

On console it's an abomination and i don't see how the game will have longevity like this. I really don't. The whole point of a FPS is gunplay, and if the gunplay is merely holding down right trigger... no one likes that anymore. COD style of easiness is no longer popular. Not sure Respawn got the memo yet.

COD was the best selling game of 2016. Perhaps you didn't get the memo.

Peroroncino

So, I finally got around to getting Titanfall 2 on PS4. I hope the game is relatively active still.

Me too, and yeah, I don't have a problem finding matches.

btw. why Skirmish is only for a limited time? It's hands down the best mode I've played, no AI, 8vs8 + Titans, it's P E R F E C T.

VeeP

So far not really digging Skirmish. Lack of AI seems to be the main reason why. But gonna play a few more games before I give a final verdict on it.

Peroroncino

So far not really digging Skirmish. Lack of AI seems to be the main reason why. But gonna play a few more games before I give a final verdict on it.

Exactly why it's my favorite mode, no bullshit, just my team and our enemies, no AI stompfests for easy win and no reapers which can fuck up your amazing 1v1 in titans.

Oh, and player count, it's nice not having to run around the maps constantly looking for somebody, though I think 6 vs 6 would also be fine.

SwolBro

Banned
COD was the best selling game of 2016. Perhaps you didn't get the memo.

That's because of the knee jerk reaction of the general public to always buy what they know. That's gonna go away, and when it does it will be a big drop. Still, what's the point in Titanfall trying to copy COD? I don't really get that at all.

I haven't felt this excited to just get home and play a game in ages. This just seems like everything I've wanted in a shooter since Black Ops 2 and haven't gotten, plus more. Attrition seems like a brilliant mode. The game in general seems incredible.

edit:

It is the nature of FPS games on consoles, there is no way around it. If you want to play console FPS games that shooting and aiming actually takes more skill other than positioning, your only sensible choice is Halo, or standard issue rifles mode Battlefield 1 because of the very long TTK. Pretty much every other active console FPS right now are designed around fast TTK and twitch aiming, even Rainbow Six Siege. It is basically a "deal with it or leave it" situation, sorry.

SwolBro

Banned
It is the nature of FPS games on consoles, there is no way around it. If you want to play console FPS games that shooting and aiming actually takes more skill other than positioning, your only sensible choice is Halo, or standard issue rifles mode Battlefield 1 because of the very long TTK. Pretty much every other active FPS right now are designed around fast TTK and twitch aiming.

Um, Titanfall 1? Play a few matches of Titanfall 1 to see the difference. Aiming mattered there. I understand the nature of aim-assist, i was even arguing about it here when people were claiming aim-assist was unfair against kb/m which i thought was ridiculous considering the advantages of kb/m.....

Respawn made me eat my words because aim-assist in this game is ludicrous! It practically aims for you, no joke. I've never played a shooter on console with this much stickiness, ever. This ruins the gunplay, a lot. There is no back and forth battles like you could have in Titanfall 1. Aiming doesn't matter in Titanfall 2 because of this crap.

Um, Titanfall 1? Play a few matches of Titanfall 1 to see the difference. Aiming mattered there. I understand the nature of aim-assist, i was even arguing about it here when people were claiming aim-assist was unfair against kb/m which i thought was ridiculous considering the advantages of kb/m.....

Respawn made me eat my words because aim-assist in this game is ludicrous! It practically aims for you, no joke. I've never played a shooter on console with this much stickiness, ever. This ruins the gunplay, a lot. There is no back and forth battles like you could have in Titanfall 1. Aiming doesn't matter in Titanfall 2 because of this crap.

You really ran out of things to complain I guess.

VeeP

Exactly why it's my favorite mode, no bullshit, just my team and our enemies, no AI stompfests for easy win and no reapers which can fuck up your amazing 1v1 in titans.

Oh, and player count, it's nice not having to run around the maps constantly looking for somebody, though I think 6 vs 6 would also be fine.

Reapers I'm pretty eh on, but I think the AI in general leads to a lot more movement and faster buildup of the Titan Meter. But yea, I'm glad theres something in TF2 we can all enjoy :).

In terms of overall balance and the variety of experience this is probably the best iteration of Titanfall yet, now just give us more maps respawn.

SwolBro

Banned
In terms of overall balance and the variety of experience this is probably the best iteration of Titanfall yet, now just give us more maps respawn.

Not even close. There's nothing to draw people in long term. Where's the pull? Where's the "i'm going to put time in and see how good i can get" ???
No matter how good you are at this game, no matter how much you've mastered the movement, all it takes is some asshole that can aim decently to sit on top of a roof with amped weapons and pick you off instantly.

Titanfall was awesome because it was about pure movement, with some intensely fast gunplay that required you to actuallly gun dual your opponent. The titan's were also just like the pilot combat- fast, intense battles between you and someone else. No gimmicky bullshit. No i see you and you die fast. This game is NONE OF THAT.

If someone could tell me what Titanfall 2 does that the first one didn't do better i'm all ears. At this point Titanfall 2 truly is a COD with slightly better movement.

Gator86

Agreed. Need more maps and Titans. Don't need more modes.

Not even close. There's nothing to draw people in long term. Where's the pull? Where's the "i'm going to put time in and see how good i can get" ???
No matter how good you are at this game, no matter how much you've mastered the movement, all it takes is some asshole that can aim decently to sit on top of a roof with amped weapons and pick you off instantly.

Titanfall was awesome because it was about pure movement, with some intensely fast gunplay that required you to actuallly gun dual your opponent. The titan's were also just like the pilot combat- fast, intense battles between you and someone else. No gimmicky bullshit. No i see you and you die fast. This game is NONE OF THAT.

If someone could tell me what Titanfall 2 does that the first one didn't do better i'm all ears. At this point Titanfall 2 truly is a COD with slightly better movement.

Have you considered that people find the game to be really fun and we're not just all sitting around playing pilot only modes screaming into the abyss about pro-level balancing? TF1 still exists. Go play it.

Can we trade for Izuna back yet?

I cant believe Skirmish isnt a default mode anymore. Just now discovered how great it is, and its full 8v8, and its just there for the weekend? :(

Played another ridiculously unbalanced game of BH where 3 of us scored 1K and the enemy teams highest was 400 points

I had fun but I cant help but feel like this game has the hugest skill gaps Ive ever seen

SwolBro

Banned
Just for the sake of argument: sliding.
Doesn't count since sliding wasn't even in the first one ;)
Real talk though- the pilot combat isn't all that bad. They've improved tremendously on the fluidity of movement. The issue is none of the maps really showcase that.
Have you considered that people find the game to be really fun and we're not just all sitting around playing pilot only modes screaming into the abyss about pro-level balancing? TF1 still exists. Go play it.

Can we trade for Izuna back yet?

You mean the Titans that are horribly slow and boring? Each Titan has another Titan that is a counter. If you pick the wrong load out vs someone else that picks that Titan counter you're good as dead.

Or maybe you enjoy Legion? Just point, and spray as many bullets as you can until you get a cheap aim bot core so you can rip everything away with zero effort. At this point the Titan combat turned out to be easily the worst change they made from 1 to 2.. well, that and map design of course.

Can't wait for more maps & Titanfall 3.
I wouldn't be so sure that's a shoe in at this point.

Top Bottom