• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

I love using the Flatline, but damn do I have an inconsistent time with it. One game I go on a massive killing spree and destroy everything in my way, the next has me shooting cardboard cutouts of pilots and I end up at the bottom of the score board...

To me the Flatline is like the rifle version of the Alternator. Both guns do a lot damage, slow ROF, and bad recoil when you ADS. Difference is that you're not suppose to run around hip firing with the Flatline since it's not that good at that(although it's adequate). At longer ranges I find it hard to beat other guys, even if if they're using a SMG. Even if I have the more powerful gun my reticule is bouncing all over the place. Tap firing might fix this problem but I never try that since I just want to hold the fire button down.

I still use it a lot but when it comes to just assault rifles I would choose the 201 over it. It does less damage but I'll take the more accurate weapon.

Just downloaded an update and now when I try to matchmake it goes between 'retrieving matchmaking list' and 'no servers found' every second or two. Anyone else getting that? Was working just before I updated about 30 minutes ago.

Dez_

To me the Flatline is like the rifle version of the Alternator. Both guns do a lot damage, slow ROF, and bad recoil when you ADS. Difference is that you're not suppose to run around hip firing with the Flatline since it's not that good at that(although it's adequate). At longer ranges I find it hard to beat other guys, even if if they're using a SMG. Even if I have the more powerful gun my reticule is bouncing all over the place. Tap firing might fix this problem but I never try that since I just want to hold the fire button down.

I still use it a lot but when it comes to just assault rifles I would choose the 201 over it. It does less damage but I'll take the more accurate weapon.

It's a weird beast alright, and I enjoy rotating through nearly all of the smgs and assault rifles throughout my play time since they're all fun to use. I feel like you can use hip fire for flatline, just not as consistent as the alternator, but given how quickly I cycle through weapons, it just tends to take more time adjusting to the horizontal recoil compared to mostly vertical.

I swap between the R2 and Volt, even with the nerf, as my main primaries.

It's a weird beast alright, and I enjoy rotating through nearly all of the smgs and assault rifles throughout my play time since they're all fun to use. I feel like you can use hip fire for flatline, just not as consistent as the alternator, but given how quickly I cycle through weapons, it just tends to take more time adjusting to the horizontal recoil compared to mostly vertical.

I rotate regularly between the 201, Flatline, CAR, R-97 and the Alternator. The Volt was by far my most used gun before the nerf but I hardly use it nowadays. I've had over 6k pilot kills as a pilot since then and none of my guns have come close to catching it still.

I see the 201 as my go to weapon nowadays and the R-97 as the most fun gun for me to use. I really like Volt but I'm not willing to use it regularly in its current state.

Gator86

Yeah, I feel like the hipfire reputation of the Flatline has exceeded its actual ability. It's going to lose to most other automatics in a close range situation. The Flatline is my most used weapon but I mostly dropped it for the R201. Reliability is just the most important dimension in a game like this. Although it feels the best to use and get kills with, sometimes the Flatline recoil will just plain fuck you. Because it's all rng, sometimes it's just not gonna happen and you get wrecked when any other gun would be an easy kill.

JaMarco

Yeah, I feel like the hipfire reputation of the Flatline has exceeded its actual ability. It's going to lose to most other automatics in a close range situation. The Flatline is my most used weapon but I mostly dropped it for the R201. Reliability is just the most important dimension in a game like this. Although it feels the best to use and get kills with, sometimes the Flatline recoil will just plain fuck you. Because it's all rng, sometimes it's just not gonna happen and you get wrecked when any other gun would be an easy kill.
That explains a lot.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I quite like Live Fire, but damn do I suck at it.

The concept is good, but people treat it more like a death match. Seems to be a trend of hanging back and sniping rather than being pro-active and going for the flag. (On PS4 anyway...)

Peroroncino

That 'wat?' feeling when you just want to throw pulse blade to recon area ahead... and you get an accidental kill, lol.

I got this game today and so far I've gotta say, it's been an amazing experience. First day of playing and I already got a 14 killstreak, so I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring!

The gunplay feels good, movement is extremely fluid and satisfying, controls are very responsive... Honestly I feel bad for picking it up so late. BF1 right now feels like a clunky and upolished shit compared to this.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Am I alone in thinking respawns would improve Live Fire?

Make it a constant rush for the flag to see which team can hold it for the longest within a set time, rather than the Pulseblade storm/Snipathon/Deathmatch it often devolves into when players are scared to die.

The trailer was obviously staged and framed to look cool, but I feel like it can never really reach that level of "fun" in its current state. Currently the flag feels like a "secondary" objective, and matches only pick up when someone gets brave/lucky enough to grab it.

I imagine Respawn playtested LF with respawns on (and subsequently binned it), so would love to hear the reasoning. If you're about, Rayme, pretty please?

Alx

I guess the excitement of LF is based on quick turnarounds (you can grab the flag or kill the last opponent at the last second), which wouldn't be the same with a "keep the flag as long as you can" rule. That would work too, but it would be a different mode.
It does make sense to wait for the end of the round to focus on the flag, although it also means that not all games will reach that point. I must admit that in the few games where I did well, I mostly camped with a G2 to kill opponents in the opening phase. I only switch to close range (Mozambique) when hunting for the flag bearer.

jm89

Nothing pisses me off more than going up against an entire team of maphack users. LORD GIVE ME STRENGTH.

Sojgat

Yeah I don't see a reason not to have a way to shut it off and on when you're ADS like sniper scope zooming in an out. Should be pretty easy to implement.

Yeah, an option to toggle it would be great.

The problem is not only does the projectile path pop up but the reticle disappears as well.

I used to be able to shoot moving pilots out of the air with the thermite launcher and now I'm finding it harder just to shoot them on the ground.

LaneDS

Am I alone in thinking respawns would improve Live Fire?

Make it a constant rush for the flag to see which team can hold it for the longest within a set time, rather than the Pulseblade storm/Snipathon/Deathmatch it often devolves into when players are scared to die.

The trailer was obviously staged and framed to look cool, but I feel like it can never really reach that level of "fun" in its current state. Currently the flag feels like a "secondary" objective, and matches only pick up when someone gets brave/lucky enough to grab it.

I imagine Respawn playtested LF with respawns on (and subsequently binned it), so would love to hear the reasoning. If you're about, Rayme, pretty please?

I think the flag is basically there to make the last twenty seconds more interesting. You might be ahead in kills, but if someone on the enemy team collects the flag and hunkers down with their teammates the player advantage means little. I've seen a lot of really exciting last second turnovers with that flag and really appreciate what it can do to a match.

Tb0ne07

So does anyone know specifics on that last small update? Something feels...different? But maybe that was lag. I feel like some audio was changed also.

Greddleok

Tried playing Overwatch again, and I remembered why I prefer Titanfall 2.

10 minute matches are just perfect. I can load up the game, jump in a match, and have it all over in 15mins. Can't do that with Overwatch, the match making takes ages, and the games themselves last like 20 mins.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I see that Titanfall 2 is 24 bucks on xbox live right now. Is there any reason to get the deluxe edition?

Nothing pisses me off more than going up against an entire team of maphack users. LORD GIVE ME STRENGTH.

That feel when I decide to go the long way to flank and then see that someone from the other side activated map hack or threw a pulse blade. Then I be like "uh, I'll tippy toe around the corner instead" or "back up, back up, back up".

Dez_

So... there was an update for the game that my system installed. Now, the screen gets stuck at the main menu trying to connect. Getting a "no servers found" message loop.

I actually did get through the play a single match, but it locked up at the end of the match where it faded to black. Now I got kicked out again and it's back to the no servers thing.

Edit: Guess I'm not playing any Titanfall for now. Bummer.

This loadout's been the main get up I've been using for the entire run of Gen 10 so far, it's pretty nice. Replaced Arc Grenades with the Smokes because Stalkers can get annoying to deal without, it's fun starting Exoplanet and chucking a smoke at the enemy spawn, gets the first crowd of grunts almost everytime

unknown.png

angel city 24/7 is gone but i can't even get it to show up in regular playlists

respawn seems to have borked something

I've been getting Exoplanet for over a third of my matches since last Thursday, so the map choice system is probably borked

Cels

angel city 24/7 is gone but i can't even get it to show up in regular playlists

respawn seems to have borked something

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I think the flag is basically there to make the last twenty seconds more interesting. You might be ahead in kills, but if someone on the enemy team collects the flag and hunkers down with their teammates the player advantage means little. I've seen a lot of really exciting last second turnovers with that flag and really appreciate what it can do to a match.

Ah yeah, I can totally see how it potentially spices things up towards the end.
All I'm suggesting is to make the entire match interesting by enabling respawns! Kills would still count, but the flag is what really matters (like hunting bounty Titans). Maybe as a match mutator or something?

... I suppose I may just be salty because I usually can't even survive the first 20 seconds, let alone the last ;_;

Argonomic

My understanding is that Angel City was temporarily not included in some playlists, it that is now fixed.

Edit: Er, WILL be fixed.. soon.

Arrrammis

Just 3-0'd a team in LTS with Odysseus, 3 northstars and 2 ions vs. two tones, a scorch, and ion, and a Ronin. Northstar best titan confirmed!

Top Bottom