• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Matter: Season 3 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

Yaaaaas. All aboard.

tumblr_ntxsj7xTgO1uzby6bo1_500.gif

I'd actually completely forgotten about this show. Time to smash through the last few episodes of season 2 again so I remember what was going on in time for S3 :)

I enjoyed the premiere. The corporate warfare angle is fine, but I hope Ryo continues to serve as the main antagonist for the Raza crew going forward. The show could benefit from a personal threat.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just heard of this show for the first time. Is there any Scifi shows this compares to, and how does it stack up with those?
Errr, Firefly I guess? I dunno.

The show is okay. Like all shows on SyFy, it has the Toronto warehouse look, but the universe is interesting at least.

Errr, Firefly I guess? I dunno.

So ragtag crew on a spaceship goes on adventures? Should be comparable to Farscape and Andromeda as well then, I suppose.
I loved Firefly, enjoyed Farscape (tho I didn't see all of it) and Andromeda was kinda eh to me.

Edit: Also, I don't mind warehouse look, Babylon 5 is one of my favourite shows ever and its early seasons' sets were about as cheap as it could get lol.

SRG01

Is season 2 on Netflix yet? I binged season 1 almost a year ago, but can't find a service that offers season 2 in Canada...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So ragtag crew on a spaceship goes on adventures? Should be comparable to Farscape and Andromeda as well then, I suppose.
I loved Firefly, enjoyed Farscape (tho I didn't see all of it) and Andromeda was kinda eh to me.

Edit: Also, I don't mind warehouse look, Babylon 5 is one of my favourite shows ever and its early seasons' sets were about as cheap as it could get lol.
Yeah. They're criminals who become anti-heroes because of "reasons".

I dunno, I'm okay with the Toronto warehouse look... but you can tell when everything is the same boxey stage look, on his show and on The Expanse, and it does take a bit away for me at least. lol

Is season 2 on Netflix yet? I binged season 1 almost a year ago, but can't find a service that offers season 2 in Canada...
Not yet. I wonder if they want to put it on Crave.

DBT85

Still not watched the first 2 eps yet.

Lots of Android please.

Is there a season 3 OT? So far, it's been good.

This thread covers all of season 1 and 2 so far and your post is #374 lol. Fortunately the shows lack of popularity doesn't prevent it being enjoyable!

SRG01

Nope, we just roll with the same OT every year.

Must have been time for the yearly Roger Cross vacation or something :)

Haha, I just looked up his profile, and he was a professional pilot before acting? Surely Six piloting must be a reference to that :)

I didn't expect 6 to be exiting, especially so soon. Even if he does wind up returning to the Raza down the road.

Sara returning in virtual form was a surprise as well, 3 seemed conflicted by it.

Season 3 is pretty mediocre so far, I'd put it a step down below the average Stargate SG1/Atlantis episode, whereas I thought season 1 & 2 were a slight step above.

Its really hard NOT to see the Canadian warehouses in season 3 so far, which isn't a big deal if the stories are minor things or deeply personal to the characters like in 1 & 2, but you can't really do a galactic corporate warfare space opera storyline and have your set budgets be on par with Sesame Street. They should have dialed down the stories to be more localized and small, instead of trying to comic book movie it upwards. The supporting actors are all mostly bad too and the main characters are too grim most of the time.

Kinda weird also for Killjoys not to be airing at the same time, the two balanced each other nicely and when one episode was meh the other shows episode was usually good. It won't be on next week either, Killjoys season 3 starts June 30th.

If only killjoys characters were half as interesting and entertaining as the crew of the Raza.

Really? I enjoy the core trio of Killjoys more than the members of the Raza crew. I really like Dutch and think she has great chemistry with Johnny and D'avin.

I though the time loop episode tonight was really fun, a great showcase for 3 and one of the funniest episodes the show has produced.

The phasing technology of Ash was really cool.

Xe4

Banned
Just finished watching season 2 on Netflix

Man, fuck you, Dark Matter.

LOL, I finished it around a similar time as you, and had the same reaction.
Fuck that cliffhanger bullshit. Whoever thought of that should be fired (out of a cannon, into the sun).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I prefer the Killjoys crew too, but oh well. lol

Also they did a time loop episode. I guess everyone scifi show has to do it at least once!

aaaaa0

Kinda weird also for Killjoys not to be airing at the same time, the two balanced each other nicely and when one episode was meh the other shows episode was usually good. It won't be on next week either, Killjoys season 3 starts June 30th.

Killjoys has a 10 episode season and Dark Matter has a 13 episode season.

No matter how you slice it Dark Matter is going to be airing by itself 3 times even if the two shows were perfectly synchronized.

The time loop episode started off a bit cliche, reminded me a LOT of the SG1 "Jack goes golfing" episode, but I liked the little twists they threw in at the end to mix it up. I kinda started laughing though at the info dump five starts spewing at Android at the end, while I'm sure it was meant to be serious it just felt like some sort of "HEY VIEWERS KEEP WATCHING WE GOT COOL SHIT PLANNED OK?"

The cast isn't really clicking very well right now unfortunately, with all of them all over the place story wise they need to slow things down a bit I think and give some bonding moments for the cast again.

The time loop episode started off a bit cliche, reminded me a LOT of the SG1 "Jack goes golfing" episode, but I liked the little twists they threw in at the end to mix it up. I kinda started laughing though at the info dump five starts spewing at Android at the end, while I'm sure it was meant to be serious it just felt like some sort of "HEY VIEWERS KEEP WATCHING WE GOT COOL SHIT PLANNED OK?"
Same writer as that SG1 episode. He discusses writing them both in this blog entry from a few days ago.

He referred to that last info dump as "the treasure trove of teasers" so I don't know how super serious he took the serious looking scene either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom