• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Lance McCullers Jr. is starting to kill the bullpen bigtime. This is now the 3rd consecutive start where he did NOT go 5 innings. Fucking shit, where was your scoreless May you shitty command...

He hasn't been good since he came off the DL.. He probably should go back on.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
lTg0h44.png

15yVfj5.jpg

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: #Twins taking on Garcia's remaining $4.55M plus $200K of $300K owed to Recker. #Braves sent $100K to MIN.

big ander

stranding 12 and going 0/10 with risp would be embarrassing any day but against a white sox team on a 9 game skid, jeeze. cubs doing a terrible job of convincing anybody the post-break upturn is for real

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Robert Murray @RobertMurrayFRS

Source: #Royals acquiring Brandon Maurer, Buchter, Cahill from #Padres in exchange for Matt Strahm, Travis Wood, Esteury Ruiz.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: #Twins taking on Garcia's remaining $4.55M plus $200K of $300K owed to Recker. #Braves sent $100K to MIN.
i guess it depends on what the braves do with the rest of that money on if it is a good deal or not. Huascar Ynoa won't crack the braves top 30 prospects. Braves package to the Cardinals was probably better, but nothing special. But...i guess Ynoa might have better upside, so who knows.

big ander

what's baffling people here? heyward or kb said today before the game something along the lines of in the second half they can't be an up-and-down team, they can't be dropping winnable series and hoping others around them lose. losing or even splitting this series would be that, and this afternoon's inability to get runners home doesn't bode well. Brewers this weekend are obviously way more important...which is exactly why you kinda don't want to stumble going into it

gamz

what's baffling people here? heyward or kb said today before the game something along the lines of in the second half they can't be an up-and-down team, they can't be dropping winnable series and hoping others around them lose. losing or even splitting this series would be that, and this afternoon's inability to get runners home doesn't bode well. Brewers this weekend are obviously way more important...which is exactly why you kinda don't want to stumble going into it

The series isn't over yet. 8-2 in their last 10 games.

big ander

The series isn't over yet. 8-2 in their last 10 games.
Right. I said today was a really bad game where they blew a bunch of scoring opportunities and unless they turn it around significantly in the next 3 they'll squander the post break momentum. What in there are you in stark disagreement with

gamz

Right. I said today was a really bad game where they blew a bunch of scoring opportunities and unless they turn it around significantly in the next 3 they'll squander the post break momentum. What in there are you in stark disagreement with

You are putting way to much emphasis on one game. They just shaved off 5.5 games in a week. Chill and let it play out.

big ander

You are putting way to much emphasis on one game. They just shaved off 5.5 games in a week. Chill and let it play out.

lol I'm not not chill. for like the third time I just said today was a bad game particularly at the plate (other than jay) and they have to make it an outlier for the series. acting like I said I gave up on the team

Robert Murray @RobertMurrayFRS

Source: #Royals acquiring Brandon Maurer, Buchter, Cahill from #Padres in exchange for Matt Strahm, Travis Wood, Esteury Ruiz.

I saw that the Royals are paying Wood's salary for the rest of this year and next, so that's probably how the Royals got this done. Padres must be counting on a comeback for Wood since he hasn't been the best for the Royals. I'd say the Padres saw something in Ruiz (18 year old infielder batting .418/.440/.779 in AZL currently) and Strahm (out for the season, mostly seen as a reliever that can be good as seen by 2016, had some command problems early this year, but came back pitching really good after going down to AAA for a while, before having surgery on his leg a week or two ago.) Strahm could be a starter as well in the back of a rotation, but he's more of a reliever.

I'm surprised the Padres gave up this much (as a Royals fan) for what they got, but Royals are dealing with the salary and that might be why Padres did this deal.

they've won 8 of 10 and you're complaining about one loss because of some primitive risp nonsense that is not predictive of the future or indicative of skill level. i get it, losing games to bad teams is no fun to watch. it's also guaranteed to happen... a lot. the momentum stuff is also nonsense that fans love to get worked up over.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Well at least the Rays don't have to trade for any relievers now that their season is over.

Way to go guys, not addressing a huge issue since the first game before it was too late.

Line_HTX

Houston Astros‏ @astros 4m4 minutes ago

Houston Astros Retweeted Jake Kaplan

lol

Jake Kaplan @jakemkaplan
Jose Altuve might bat .500 this month.

Altuve is on
CkDNzVe.png
with his 2nd hit of the night in this 16 game hitting streak though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom