• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

I never actually watched Jojo, but what was the line in the promo that went something like..

Give my regards to _____, IN HELL!

tumblr_inline_oo30kmRfy61r0vc40_500.gif

SPEEEDWAGGOOOONNNNN-KUUUUNNNNN!!!!

DB Super is entirely Canon.

The only thing you could really argue being non-canon in Dragon Ball is GT since Super directly contradicts most of its events and concepts. It's more like a separate continuity at this point.

Doesn't stop it from appearing in the games and merchandise though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The only thing you could really argue being non-canon in Dragon Ball is GT since Super directly contradicts most of its events and concepts. It's more like a separate continuity at this point.

Doesn't stop it from appearing in the games and merchandise though.

Xenoverse.

Seda

I see some Dragon Ball fans who are Very Concerned if the scene at the end of DBZ (referred to as 'End of Z') is canon or not and Super cannot possibly contradict it or else.

Some people really care about these things, for some reason.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I see some Dragon Ball fans who are Very Concerned if the scene at the end of DBZ (referred to as 'End of Z') is canon or not and Super cannot possibly contradict it or else.

Power levels has ascended to a level beyond in pedantic DB arguments in super.

Edwardo

Lmao I was just looking up some stuff about Uub too.

People overthink DragonBall. Alot.

Probably because Toriyama sort of went with any genre he was into (martial arts, fantasy, sci-fi) but didn't really care about any sort of world building.

Seda

tvbythenumbers has a top 25 cable thing (did they stop doing top 100?). It was linked earlier. The other sites which usually post the full thing for Adult Swim haven't done so yet, it seems (although they usually do on Tuesday, not sure why they are delayed this week).

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/saturday-cable-ratings-april-29-2017/

Sorry for formatting

Code:
SAMURAI JACK	ADULT SWIM	11:00 PM	1,302	0.6

DRAGON BALL Z KAI/FINAL	ADULT SWIM	12:00 AM	996	0.5
ATTACK ON TITAN	ADULT SWIM	12:30 AM	808	0.4
TOKYO GHOUL	ADULT SWIM	1:00 AM	719	0.3

I havent paid too much attention to this site this year. They don't seem to count the 11:30 airing of DBSuper, probably because it is technically a rerun. This what they have for the 8PM airing, assuming they aren't getting things mixed up.

Code:
DRAGON BALL SUPER	ADULT SWIM	8:00 PM	914	0.4

Worth nothing that the other cable shows on at night were

NFL DRAFT (ESPN)
LIVE PD (A&E) - this is apparently a live Police in action type channel, not sure if it normally rates so high?
FULL FRONTAL: NOT THE WH CORRESPONDENTS DINNER (TBS)

Generally speaking, Toonami headliners are usually just below Saturday sporting events and occasional big things like that TBS spoof. I think that's where they should aim for anyway.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Full Toonami ratings have finally been posted.

C-3BE--XsAApfiL.jpg

Samurai Jack is still crushing it and that concerns me when it ends and that hole has to be filled.

18-49 Demographic was better for Shippuden and GiTS than for Gundam: Unicorn. So I wonder if/when IBO2 premiers, where exactly on the block they will air it? 2AM is pretty late for a premiere, even if it's a continuation. My personal preference would be for the block to go:

DBS --> DBZ Kai --> AOT2 --> HxH --> IBO2 --> TG --> Shippuden --> GITS

Seda

It was always a forgone conclusion that Toonami at 11PM with Jack was always going to be a temporary thing. They might put FLCL there, but that's far away still who knows what Toonami will look like at that point.

(I wonder if Super slides down to midnight when Kai finishes, etc)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
18-49 Demographic was better for Shippuden and GiTS than for Gundam: Unicorn. So I wonder if/when IBO2 premiers, where exactly on the block they will air it? 2AM is pretty late for a premiere, even if it's a continuation. My personal preference would be for the block to go:

DBS --> DBZ Kai --> AOT2 --> HxH --> IBO2 --> TG --> Shippuden --> GITS

Probably 1 AM at the start.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, that is just the nature of the beast unless you are Dragonball, you will drop down at some point.

Regiruler

Full Toonami ratings have finally been posted.

C-3BE--XsAApfiL.jpg

Samurai Jack is still crushing it and that concerns me when it ends and that hole has to be filled.

I do like how the ratings now give evidence that an unpopular show before a good one does not in fact make people drop the after show. If Naruto was in the same boat as One Piece you would be seeing a much bigger drop from Unicorn to Naruto.

I do like how the ratings now give evidence that an unpopular show before a good one does not in fact make people drop the after show. If Naruto was in the same boat as One Piece you would be seeing a much bigger drop from Unicorn to Naruto.

that's not really something we can actually glean from the last few sets of ratings; they don't increase and decrease proportionately regardless of the actual size of the number. things are a lot lower lately than they have been for a while as far as the back half goes, so as far as we know that's just the base devoted Toonami audience.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Naruto will be pretty good for the rest of the year (Not as good as OP would have been but I digress) and the only real stinker ratings wise is Unicron.

AOT2 isn't lighting the world on fire because the phenomenon has cooled significantly in the past two years. TG is even worse in that regard because the anime and dub are both around that old.

i also think they've done a really horrendous job of advertising Attack on Titan season 2 unless they've been throwing up ads left and right during regular Adult Swim that i'm not aware of

but even then like...actual ads DURING Samurai Jack seem like they'd a good idea?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i also think they've done a really horrendous job of advertising Attack on Titan season 2 unless they've been throwing up ads left and right during regular Adult Swim that i'm not aware of

I hang out with parents a lot and my dad usually falls asleep to adult swim whenever I'm over. Samurai Jack, AOT2, and DB Super are advertised a lot along with the current lineup promo. At least once an hour.

Morlas

Yeah...I wonder how good it is that the same episode of dragon ball super gets 800k at 8:00 and then 1.3 mil at 1130 like its probably not as good as getting 2.1 mil in one slot but it's probably still pretty good

I would imagine a lot of people are watching the 8pm airing of Super, and that's draining the block later on.

Saturday nights have also gotten more competitive for ratings.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
If Attack On Titan isn't moving the needle now then it is still good they got it now while it is till fresh.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I'm sure it doesn't help that it's the fourth show on the block instead of the leading show like the first season.

I wonder if the number produced now is just the number that time slot is going to generate for the foreseeable future given that, no seriously, these were the same numbers that Jojo got.

Ratings gonna rating. :p

I finally finished Persona 5 and I don't know what big game I'll do next. Probably Horizon far as PS4 games go since I haven't started it yet.

Berserk Manga - Alrighty, just finished the Golden Age Arc. Having only seen the anime up until now, the most interesting thing here was definitely how much more involved Skull Knight and Zodd were to the plot. I was also surprised by how much actual humor was in the manga. Like, nothing laugh out loud funny, but plenty a small gags scattered throughout the arc.

Casca got a raw deal out of all of this man.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone wanna vouch for Re:Zero? Had no idea it was basically "let's take SAO's idea of death/respawn in a game world, but actually run with it & make it darker"

Or does it stand some kind of chance of possibly being on Toonami?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
As far as Tokyo Ghoul goes, fan demand aside, it came across as a cheap show to fill the One Piece gap.

Anyone wanna vouch for Re:Zero? Had no idea it was basically "let's take SAO's idea of death/respawn in a game world, but actually run with it & make it darker"

Or does it stand some kind of chance of possibly being on Toonami?

It's yet to be licensed in the West, so it won't be airing on Toonami anytime soon if that is a factor in you watching the Sub or not.

I have mixed opinions on Re:Zero, but I'm also in the minority there. Re;Zero lives and dies based on its premise because, since it's a Light Novel adaptation, the main plot certainly takes its sweet time actually explaining the central plot of why what is happening to Subaru is happening.

It's definitely a haunting series, a lot like Higurashi was, but for the tone shift that they make at the halfway point, Subaru really needed to be more of an empathetic character than he ended up being for it to work, for me anyway.

I really don't think anyone has to worry about that anyway since not much happens at the End of Z.

Super can fit right in there no matter what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom