• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
ZYmi3H5.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Do it, please. It's worse than Fuuka!

That's because they chickened out on the truck thing and killing her off.

Seriously, how was I trolled by the same damn series for a second time? On the same plot point?

ALL OF MY RAGE

cntr

Banned
Make a video game where you have to race a truck through a city and time it so that you run over the anime girl right after the confession.

Rankings go from F to SSeo.

cntr

Banned
also cross ange is definitely worse than fuuka, truck or no-truck

edit: ...a town where you rage might come close in grossness, though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This is hilarious to watch you rage over.

I mean, how many times can someone get played by the same damn series? I mean, even with Game of Thrones once you know the trick you can see the shit coming a mile away. Seo though? Seo has no internal logic, only trolling.

Jarate

Banned
Naruto will always draw "good" ratings due to the Nielsen statistics being horrendously flawed and counting DVR recording.

Naruto has a lot of "I watched this as a kid" fans who probably record it and never watch it.

In the age we live in now, I'm still super surprised cable companies don't gather that data themselves, but I'm also pretty sure cable is in a shitty bubble that's going to burst soon. Flawed statistical analysis that more exists to fill an agenda is not a good judge for advertisers

Berserk Manga - Completed the Lost Children section of the Conviction Arc. Holy hell that was some nightmare fuel. Now I see where the 2016 anime fucked up the story so much. They smashed just a small portion the Black Swords Arc and combined it with the very end of this one, all into a single episode.

Rosine's storyline was definitely a depressing one.
Glad Jill managed to make it out at the end of the arc relatively ok.

Moaradin

I was so mad when I learned the 2016 anime was gonna skip Lost Children. Though looking back, I'm pretty glad they didn't butcher that arc. I can't even imagine how tone-deaf the adaption of that arc would be.

I was so mad when I learned the 2016 anime was gonna skip Lost Children. Though looking back, I'm pretty glad they didn't butcher that arc. I can't even imagine how tone-deaf the adaption of that arc would be.

Given the crappy storyboarding done in that series, Lost Children would've been an absolute nightmare to watch.

Seda

It is kinda amusing when I play a niche anime-styled video game, one of the characters mentions a anime they watch at midnight, and then the rest of the cast makes fun of him for being into anime.

Edwardo

Say I watched the old Berserk anime years ago and I want more Berserk deliciousness in my life. Where would I start?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I made to around ch. 35ish for Berserk before getting bored & dropping it. Maybe I should give the original anime series a try?

Say I watched the old Berserk anime years ago and I want more Berserk deliciousness in my life. Where would I start?

The manga really lol. It's what I'm doing now.

Outside the 97 series, you got the Golden Age Movie Trilogy which are ok, but covers even less material than the original anime did, and the 2016 series which is garbage.

The movie trilogy has choppy CGI in the first movie, but the animation gets progressively better as the movies go along. The pros I give them are the actually battles are better and it gives the story a more "conclusive" ending than the 97 series did.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They should try and get a dub done for season 2 of One Punch Man as fast as possible and have it air as close to the releases of the Japanese premiers. That's a show that would probably bring in serious numbers especially if it wasn't delayed much.

When I was thinking about either David or Wit on Berserk, it was on the short-term prospect of them having each arc be a good few cours with consistent pacing, and of course some breaks in between.

For MADHOUSE, I think a long-term Berserk adaptation might be best suited for whatever technology holds when it comes to their animating merits in the coming decade or so.
Looking back, I do appreciate seeing how little I've noticed MH or BONES resort to CGI

HStallion

I've given up on a proper Berserk adaptation any time soon unless Netflix is feeling ballsy or HBO wants something to follow up Game of Thrones and is also feeling really ballsy.

Seda

They should try and get a dub done for season 2 of One Punch Man as fast as possible and have it air as close to the releases of the Japanese premiers. That's a show that would probably bring in serious numbers especially if it wasn't delayed much.

The first season of One Punch Man was definitely a ratings success for Toonami and it was a bit delayed from the Japanese airing.

If Viz could pull a FUNimation and get a dub out quicker, that would be nice of course.

HStallion

That ain't happening.

Well I could see Netflix doing a Berserk anime if they could get the rights and what not. They're doing a Devilman anime with Yuasa and I don't think anyone was expecting that.

That and I'm hoping all the people I knew at HBO I introduced Berserk too years ago will one day think about it when deciding what series to go after for adaptations.

My real pipe-dream for a Berserk adaptation is for some Studio to go the Hellsing ultimate route and release 40-50 minute OVA episodes at a time.

That's kind of the thing though. Funimation is really the only studio that pushes to get dub releases out close to the Japan airings, and that's mostly because of their streaming service.

Viz will typically have the whole season dubbed at once, which will push back any release of it several months after it has already aired.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think I found the reason why Vegeta wasn't able to cook. Because he didn't have the TV on:

278771-parappa-the-rapper-playstation-screenshot-cheep-cheep-cooking.png

Edwardo

The manga

The manga really lol. It's what I'm doing now.

Outside the 97 series, you got the Golden Age Movie Trilogy which are ok, but covers even less material than the original anime did, and the 2016 series which is garbage.

The movie trilogy has choppy CGI in the first movie, but the animation gets progressively better as the movies go along. The pros I give them are the actually battles are better and it gives the story a more "conclusive" ending than the 97 series did.

You read the manga plain and simple. The 97 anime didn't adapt a couple of things.

Thanks. I'll give the manga a go.

TheSun

Well I could see Netflix doing a Berserk anime if they could get the rights and what not. They're doing a Devilman anime with Yuasa and I don't think anyone was expecting that.

That and I'm hoping all the people I knew at HBO I introduced Berserk too years ago will one day think about it when deciding what series to go after for adaptations.

What!?
Debiru Man is finally getting an anime, and it's not some crossover thing!

Awsome.

But yeah, I should continue reading Berserk one of these days.

I'm not too well-versed in anime production, but I'm pretty certain that the Berserk anime we have now is what the money men signed off on, and as such is what we've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom