• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
ashbash159 said:
Just bought the Potato Sack as I now have the money.

Will I be able to get the potatoes from the 12 games (already had Toki Tori) still?

Edit: I guess that means I have a copy of Toki Tori to give away to a lucky person.
I would not mind, oh wonderfully gracious friend.

Reno7728

ashbash159 said:
Just bought the Potato Sack as I now have the money.

Will I be able to get the potatoes from the 12 games (already had Toki Tori) still?

Edit: I guess that means I have a copy of Toki Tori to give away to a lucky person.

I'd love it if its going

(stupid internet slowing down!)

Zomba13

blamite said:
I'm sure nobody's going to go for this, but I've got a copy of Portal 1 I'd be willing to grade for whatever the cheapest game in the Potato Sack is. (other than AudioSurf, Defense Grid, Toki Tori, or Rush, which I already have) >.>
I've also got a spare Portal 1 copy to gift. In exchange for one of the Potato sack games I don't have.

I need:
Super Meat Boy
The Ball
Cogs
Bit Trip Beat
Defence Grid
Rush

blamite

MNC said:
I wonder how permanent this content is.
Me too, this is all stuff I definitely want to play, especiuallt the Ball and Bit Trip levels, but I won't be able to buy any new games for a while... hopefully someone will figure out a way to keep this stuff around.

Salsa

MNC said:
I wonder how permanent this content is.

I wonder if the potatoes and banner will be removed..

It would be nice for them leave something on your profile in a "I WAS HERE FOR THE PORTAL 2 ARG AND IT BLEW MY MIND" kinda way :p

MNC

darkpaladinmfc said:
'That site' is Gaijin Gamer's website, who developed BIT.TRIP.BEAT which is in the Potato Sack.
I stand very corrected. o__o But still! They could be just messing with us!

Forkball

What's the deal with AaAaAA!!'s update? On the main menu, there is a Portal 2 button, but it takes you to a screen with an orange and blue background and the ability to type text. When you type and hit enter, it just takes you back to the main menu.

FatBaby

Jesus Christ. Is this stuff going to be permanent or is this just a limited time deal? I know that Gaijin said the Bit.Trip Beat stuff was a limited time only thing, but I really would like to play this stuff when I have time for it.

I think I am getting a fucking panic attack from worrying about everything that is going on and missing it or some shit.

Twig

Banned
I got a different message for Kick It's than what the wiki lists. Though, once again, my ears fail me.

"Rachel fell for wailing stratogaster."

Stratogaster isn't even a word. But that's what I heard. ):

Arozay

I'm still at 4 potatos (before today). And I've done the special Audio Surf and Bit.Trip levels and they didnt add anything. Or do they only add a potato if you didnt do the password stuff before?

MNC

Zaro said:
I'm still at 4 potatos (before today). And I've done the special Audio Surf and Bit.Trip levels and they didnt add anything. Or do they only add a potato if you didnt do the password stuff before?
They add potatoes when you enter passwords.

epmode

1... 2... 3... KICK IT has a Still Alive remix. Sounds like the original vocal track before it was converted to GLADOS. So rad.
Zaro said:
The content from today's update will only give extra potatoes if you've already gotten the hidden potatoes from the last phase.

Zomba13

Twig said:
I got a different message for Kick It's than what the wiki lists. Though, once again, my ears fail me.

You can click 'Audio' (or just below it) to hear glados' voice again on the apature console popup thing.

Twig said:

Stratocaster, however, is. Kind of. It's a guitar. Which makes sense in the context of wailing.

Twig

Banned
Zomba13 said:
You can click 'Audio' (or just below it) to hear glados' voice again on the apature console popup thing.
Oh, I know. I listened to it like twenty times. But once you have it in your head, it's hard to shake it.

RobotNinjaHornets said:
Stratocaster, however, is. Kind of. It's a guitar. Which makes sense in the context of wailing.
That's a good point. J:

(._.)

Banned
I heard a rumor from somebody in the IRC that some people who have gotten all the potatoes plus some hidden stuff are able to play Portal 2 early. probably bs...

Baha

SalsaShark said:
Any way to get the Audiosurf potato easily ? i never play as Pointman Pro so i suck at it :/

Yeah, this is what I get for playing Ninja Mono pretty much exclusively.

Twig

Banned
SalsaShark said:
Any way to get the Audiosurf potato easily ? i never play as Pointman Pro so i suck at it :/
I assume that you can cheat by tagging an easier song the same as you could before. But I dunno.

Zomba13

Twig said:
I listened to it again ('cause I recorded it) and it definitely sounds like Stratocaster.
Definitely sounds like 'Rachel fell for wailing stratocaster'. What does it mean?

Maybe they are hints to proceed? Like the wonderful end of the worlds being 'The spirit of our youth resides in gathering books.' Maybe it's hints to find the next thing. Like maybe you need to gather all the books in a level in TWEOTW? Maybe 'Rachel fell for wailing statocaster' has something to do with playing a song that has a wailing guitar solo in 1 2 3 kick it?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I get the feeling that if I quit The Ball I will have to play the level all over again and I don't want to do that so I hope the ARG community figures out that password quick.

Loam

So is/has anyone experienced trouble getting a 2nd potato with killing floor? I was on a server where we all activated the computer and got the popup, but none of us were rewarded with another revered vegetable icon.

EDIT: Just received it. Must have taken awhile to register or something.

dock

Am I the only one that finds Valve using indie games as their marketing vehicles. I'm glad for the developers in terms of the attention it gains, it's just a shame that everything revolves around Valve.

Baha

Wren said:
So is has anyone experienced trouble getting a 2nd potato with killing floor? I was on a server where we all activated the computer and got the popup, but none of us were rewarded with another revered vegetable icon.

Only the person who access the login screen gets the potato.

Zomba13

Just done the Alive and Kicking.mp3 (still alive sung by not glados) and got 'There are no peanuts or seed allowed near Australia'

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
dock said:
Am I the only one that finds Valve using indie games as their marketing vehicles. I'm glad for the developers in terms of the attention it gains, it's just a shame that everything revolves around Valve.
Eh, it's clear that these developers were compensated for their work and it goes to show how strong the relationship is between them and Valve.

dock

Stallion Free said:
Eh, it's clear that these developers were compensated for their work and it goes to show how strong the relationship is between them and Valve.
Yes, I'm very clear on the situation.

syoaran

Stallion Free said:

I doubt Valve paid them to do it, it was likely a cross promotion - Valve help develop assets for these games and push the promotion of the Potato pack as far as they can, helps generate huge sales for the developers, which generating huge word of mouth hype for Portal2 in advance of release, encouraging pre-orders.

dock

A promise of lots of money is a type of payment. It's good for the developers, but it's a lot like a sponsored tattoo.

Top Bottom