• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE has dealt with racism before, but fans are chanting ‘that’s too far'

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

norm9

though it is only NXT and Women's, Asuka is awesome.

I'm predicting she goes by Kamikaze Kid on the main roster.

Retired her belt undefeated. So good.

It's crazy just how much better NXT is compared to the rest of WWE.

They have the benefit of not having to appeal to mass market audiences. If you took NXT and put it on RAW, as is, ratings would probably be worse and USA would be giving Vince an earful.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sephzilla unashamedly using the Sharingan of message boards. Steals 3-4 peoples' gimmicks, posts as them

Mahonay

Banned
They have the benefit of not having to appeal to mass market audiences. If you took NXT and put it on RAW, as is, ratings would probably be worse and USA would be giving Vince an earful.
Hmmmm...no I don't really buy that theory. Good booking creates good TV, which NXT has.

But yes it would do very poorly initially because it has talent that the casual audience doesn't know. Also 3 hours is too many hours.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmmm...no I don't really buy that theory. Good booking creates good TV, which NXT has.

But yes it would do very poorly initially because it has talent that the casual audience doesn't know. Also 3 hours is too many hours.

The complete answer is that they only have to do one hour of TV per week and that frees them up to spend time on things. Also they get to tape many weeks in advance which keeps injuries or kneejerk decisions on things from happening.

Mahonay

Banned
The complete answer is that they only have to do one hour of TV per week and that frees them up to spend time on things. Also they get to tape many weeks in advance which keeps injuries or kneejerk decisions on things from happening.
Sure, those are all really great advantages they have over a weekly 3 hour live show. It makes a big difference.

But, objectively, they still put together sensible booking, better match ups, a focus on multiple stories. These are things on the main roster they are actively poor at doing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sure, those are all really great advantages they have over a weekly 3 hour live show. It makes a big difference.

But, objectively, they still put together sensible booking, better match ups, a focus on multiple stories. These are things on the main roster they are actively poor at doing.

Well, plus, they don't have to worry about turning people and losing merch sales. It doesn't concern their stockholders if NXT does this, but let's say you yank, oh, I dunno, Enzo's shit. That's a chunk of change on the national stage.

Mahonay

Banned
Well, plus, they don't have to worry about turning people and losing merch sales. It doesn't concern their stockholders if NXT does this, but let's say you yank, oh, I dunno, Enzo's shit. That's a chunk of change on the national stage.
I think they would earn more money by selling more tickets, rather than focusing so desperately on merch. Merch is important, but having it placed above the importance of executing basic booking is a problem that just continues to grow every year.

They are doing an amazing job a making a ton of money from an ever shrinking audience, but they will reach a point where there's not enough people left to suck dry.
controversy creates cash

Lol

You left out him being managed by Paul Heyman. The part that broke me when I read about it. They pitched it to Vince and apparently he was silent afterwards for a few minutes in shock...

They shocked Vince.

It's the one time I've heard of where a writer pitched something that everyone backstage, including Vince, thought was a completely insane idea in awful taste. If I remember correctly, Vince wasn't just silent, he even got up and just walked out of the room after hearing that pitch.

That writer was let go shortly after.

DeathyBoy

Banned
It's the one time I've heard of where a writer pitched something that everyone backstage, including Vince, thought was a completely insane idea in awful taste. If I remember correctly, Vince wasn't just silent, he even got up and just walked out of the room after hearing that pitch.

That writer was let go shortly after.

They broke the man who pitched incest stories with his own kids...

though it is only NXT and Women's, Asuka is awesome.
Literally started watching wrestling again(and NXT specifically) to see what the deal with her was.

I haven't really watched WWE since mania and that's ok because watching Asuka being mishandled by main roster shitty booking would break my heart.

Nekofrog

Banned
I would like to think that full sail would loudly denounce this kind of racism at an nxt event but it's Florida.

A takeover audience would very likely take the show hostage if this happened though

6 years later and this still absolutely kills me dead. Just perfect. Cole's dumb serious news face, Booker's instant reaction, JR's defeated expression.

Beautiful.

I laugh so hard every time. Timeless moment. I also didn't realize that it was 6 years ago....now I just feel old.

Top Bottom