• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swap Note

Chrom

I like how with this update, they now show how many of the special stationery you've collected when you view your profile card on the 3DS Friend List.

If you've got them all, it should say you have 51 collected bonus stationery.

zroid

Banned
It also tells you how many replies a note has in the little bubble. So good.

Apparently all special notes received henceforth will have some sort of "settings" you can mess with. Still unclear to me what that entails. It doesn't work on the note announcing the update.

I like how with this update, they now show how many of the special stationery you've collected when you view your profile card on the 3DS Friend List.

ooh that's neat!

WHAT! Nikki just told me you can undo your last stroke now. megaton. And you can watch a replay of your note being written without publishing it!!!! @_@

this update does everything :O

I think this deserves a new thread. So many new features. I'll try to catalogue them, tell me if I'm missing anything.

zroid

Banned
Press release revealed:

- Take photos and record sounds you want to attach to your letters from within the software. You can still add them from the SD Card.
- Attach photos and sounds when you reply to letters.
- Choose a different ink colour for each page.
- Filter letters by sender in the letter list or by favourites only

Additional features:

- Mark up to 30 notes (and their replies) for deletion at a time (you can also do this while the filter is activated)
- Undo/Redo your last stroke by pressing the B button
- Hold A while writing a note to view a replay
- While playing Swapnote, it shows how many stationery you've collected in the 3DS friend list
- Mysterious "settings" for all special (gold rimmed) notes received henceforth

watershed

Banned
Press release revealed:

- Take photos and record sounds you want to attach to your letters from within the software. You can still add them from the SD Card.
- Attach photos and sounds when you reply to letters.
- Choose a different ink colour for each page.
- Filter letters by sender in the letter list or by favourites only

Additional features:

- Mark up to 30 notes (and their replies) for deletion at a time (you can also do this while the filter is activated)
- Undo/Redo your last stroke by pressing the B button
- Hold A while writing a note to view a replay
- While playing Swapnote, it shows how many stationery you've collected in the 3DS friend list
- Mysterious "settings" for all special (gold rimmed) notes received henceforth

Super sweet! I think I'm gonna make a return to swapnote later tonight! Its been a while.

Chrom

Yeah, I think this is worth a new thread. If you're going to post it, don't forget about the stationery deletion feature they added.

Edit: Looks like I spoke a little too late, haha.

Tyeforce

Actually, it should say 52 if you have them all, not 51. But yeah, that new feature is awesome!

neto

I bought a 3DS on Wednesday and I want in on the letterbox/swapnote action!

FC: 3239-2991-3463

Hey I added you! EDIT: here is my FC: 2852-7459-4308

And the update omg is perfect specially the undo feature and the multiple delete, and thanks a lot state_vector_collapse for the special stationery! now I can send them too if anyone wants them

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'll update it later as I'm offski.

Should note that if you want mass stationary sent to you you should organise different people to send you it because it's a right pain sending out a lot of notes in one go.

Nice to see my note enquiring on people still using it (because I know many just read) if getting a lot of responses.

Javier

Ah right, forgot about that. Although I have no idea why anyone would want to delete stationery! :p
"You have reached your limit of 100 Stationaries. Please delete one from your collection."

I'm hoping it's not the case, as it would be a really troll move, but I can't think of another reason as to why they would give you the option to delete.

serplux

"You have reached your limit of 100 Stationaries. Please delete one from your collection."

I'm hoping it's not the case, as it would be a really troll move, but I can't think of another reason as to why they would give you the option to delete.

People don't like a particular stationary? It's good to give people the option at least.

Edit: If people want to add me, it's 2535-5056-0515.

Tyeforce

I did, but it will take FOREVER to delete the Miis that came when I had it enabled. :(
I did this. Hundreds and hundreds of Miis. Over 1,000, I think. What really sucks is that I didn't start deleting them until after I went to a convention where I got a TON of legit StreetPass Miis, so every time I went to delete a Mii I had to scroll all the way back past them, and when I deleted a Mii it sent me right back to the front, so I had to scroll back to the group of Miis from Mario Kart all over again. I took it one day at a time and focused on deleting at least 10-20 Miis every day. It took a few months before I finally go rid of them all, but I managed to do it!

Now I always turn off Invite Mii before playing games like Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sonic Generations, etc. online. I still keep Invite Mii turned on at all other times, though, because it's very useful at StreetPass meet ups or conventions where you end up missing a lot of StreetPass Mii Plaza tags.

It makes me happy to see so many people actively posting in SwapNoteGAF, but who here is actually writing and replying in SwapNote? I'd love to add some new GAFers that actually use SwapNote. My Friend Code is 3480-2542-5937. Let me know if you add me so I can add you back.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Bit of a strange one, this... I just received a very plain new Stationery.
I assume it's a new Stationery included with the US Update, which we lowly Europeans haven't received yet.

However, I can use it and pass it on, even though I don't have the update.

201304120642522.jpg

zroid

Banned
Bit of a strange one, this... I just received a very plain new Stationery.
I assume it's a new Stationery included with the US Update, which we lowly Europeans haven't received yet.

However, I can use it and pass it on, even though I don't have the update.

That's normal. The note containing the stationery wasn't tied to the update, it was sent in advance of the update, informing you to go download it.

Katzii

So... Is this a US-only update? I can see my North American friends writing with different colours and such, but I have no update to download.

Animekatt

It makes me happy to see so many people actively posting in SwapNoteGAF, but who here is actually writing and replying in SwapNote? I'd love to add some new GAFers that actually use SwapNote. My Friend Code is 3480-2542-5937. Let me know if you add me so I can add you back.

I've added you, as well as Serplux, Chopper, and Delicious Waffles. FC is 0301 9820 0716

Others can feel free to add me, just let me know! I post on swap note from time to time, but I can't draw like some of you :( The drawings I see on that app makes me jelly at times. lol.

So just noticed that even after updating my wife's 3DS' Swapnote app, it still can't receive or send messages. I'm guessing it's got something to do with the latest update that hit last week.

Ugh...

Who will I send funny crude doodles to?

serplux

I've added you, as well as Serplux, Chopper, and Delicious Waffles. FC is 0301 9820 0716

Others can feel free to add me, just let me know! I post on swap note from time to time, but I can't draw like some of you :( The drawings I see on that app makes me jelly at times. lol.

Will add when I get a chance. :p

Zornica

Banned
So... Is this a US-only update? I can see my North American friends writing with different colours and such, but I have no update to download.

same here. they probably haven't localised nikis massage yet (or something like that.)
I guess we will get the update next week then...

I know what you mean! Diggeh and state_vector_collapse's drawings are pretty impressive! Love seeing notes from them, but whenever I try to draw something in response I end up just tossing my embarrassment of a doodle.

Did you manage to get the stationary you were after, Animekatt?

My Friend Code is 3480-2542-5937.

2105-9813-1377

Mine is 3136-6553-7968 brah.

2105-8975-4149!

Added you all!

Animekatt

I know what you mean! Diggeh and state_vector_collapse's drawings are pretty impressive! Love seeing notes from them, but whenever I try to draw something in response I end up just tossing my embarrassment of a doodle.

Did you manage to get the stationary you were after, Animekatt?

Yes I did! state_vector_collapse and one other helped me with the rest. Thanks again for those. Swapnote is a lot more fun now that I have more people to receive and send notes to. Before it was just me and my boyfriend.

I only have 21 stationaries. Anyone else wanna be a pal and help me catch them all? Haha.

According to the list, I only have 3, 5, 6, 7, 17, 21, 22, 23, 28, 30, 32 (Genesect, Gray), 37, 38, 44, 45, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, and the newest one that came with the update.

I'd be most appreciative.

Added you all!

Returned the favor. :)

Top Bottom