• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Roadmap + Day 1 PC Known Issues List

Compsiox

Banned
From what i read, the physical copy is a box with a code voucher inside

XnPwVND.png

Yeah but then you read the comments on Amazon and people are saying digital version is exclusive to battle.net. I'm so conflicted. They even acknowledge that image when saying so.

Strakt

Yeah but then you read the comments on Amazon and people are saying digital version is exclusive to battle.net. I'm so conflicted.

Well thats the picture from amazon's physical edition ; doubt they'd put a listing up with a boxart that says no disc included.

Pretty sure you get the box, code inside, and you apply code to battle.net.

Compsiox

Banned
Well thats the picture from amazon's physical edition ; doubt they'd put a listing up with a boxart that says no disc included.

Pretty sure you get the box, code inside, and you apply code to battle.net.

Yeah true I could always return it because it wouldn't be the product I'm expecting.

Mindlog

Cursor in Tri-Monitor Configurations: Changing resolution between 5760x1080, 4080x768, and 3072x768 may trap the mouse cursor in the right-most monitor. Players who encounter this issue should ALT+TAB out of the Destiny 2 application, then back. Players may also toggle Windowed Mode by pressing ALT+ENTER.
Tri-Monitor Depth of Field: DOF effects may be overly aggressive on some tri-monitor configurations. Players who encounter issues with DOF can disable this feature in the Graphics Settings.
Like the most PC ass PC problems ever lol. So good.

I was wondering the same, hahaha. But in all seriousness, Strakt really likes Destiny 2
But he doesnt like criticism about the game so much
I'm glad his is doing it, I love Destiny. Criticism is fine if it is legitimate and not just "it sucks!". The lacking endgame is a legitimate criticism.

I'm glad his is doing it, I love Destiny. Criticism is fine if it is legitimate and not just "it sucks!". The lacking endgame is a legitimate criticism.

I am hyped through Strakts hype. Reminds me of DGAF back in the D1 days. I get the criticism but there is outright hatred of the game for no reason other than drive by shit posting. I am looking forward to playing the game and hopefully doing a strike with Strakt.

Compsiox

Banned
From what i read, the physical copy is a box with a code voucher inside

XnPwVND.png

Soooooooooooooo I found out why people are saying otherwise.

What I see on the amazon page:
c34c0c5db5e96cf313548e1364d34fa0.png

Lists disc format.

Again I can just return it if it's disk format but that would be very inconvenient.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah but then you read the comments on Amazon and people are saying digital version is exclusive to battle.net. I'm so conflicted. They even acknowledge that image when saying so.

What they mean is that the game is tied to Battle.net in the same way that Left 4 Dead is to Steam or Battlefield 1 is to Origin. There is no version of the game that doesn't come with a Battle.net key.

Soooooooooooooo I found out why people are saying otherwise.

What I see on the amazon page:
c34c0c5db5e96cf313548e1364d34fa0.png

Lists disc format.

Again I can just return it if it's disk format but that would be very inconvenient.

Amazon's product system doesn't have a separate product type for physical PC games that don't contain discs. You're worrying yourself over nothing.

Compsiox

Banned
What they mean is that the game is tied to Battle.net in the same way that Left 4 Dead is to Steam or Battlefield 1 is to Origin. There is no version of the game that doesn't come with a Battle.net key.

Amazon's product system doesn't have a separate product type for physical PC games that don't contain discs. You're worrying yourself over nothing.

Idk why its so hard to include it in the description though. I'm sure you're right.

everyer

Bungie:‘Thanks for the paid testing console players.’

As a console player I am really sad about what's happening now in the game, they didn't fix the bug but cancel trials for 2 weeks..... Are they busy pushing release of PC version that they don't have time to fix such terrible bug?

WTF?????

Lurk

Banned
great pc port + detailed feedback faq... but delay killed all the hype, will wait for sale

lol. So you'd prefer a game with bugs in?

This is a reason why PC gets bad ports then you'll complain that they're bad.

Good luck on the sale, it won't be happening for a while!

Elephant

Neo Member
Wait for the first DLC to drop before considering making that purchase. You only have to take a look at the Destiny Reddit to see how many people are... "underwhelmed", by Destiny 2. A few of my Destiny buddies have just gone back to playing D1.

If you're holding off on getting Destiny thinking you're going to get a better experience down the line then I'd honestly throw caution to that. Replaying content in Destiny after the fact is always a diminished experience, and the more content you miss before hopping in the more that will be the case. Playing the original at the end would have been a shell of what others found when playing, and there's no reason to think that's going to change with D2.

Just don't want the scenario to be "huh this looks a bit rough, I'll wait and pick it up when it's more content-rich" -> waits a year -> "huh this content is well-trodden and no-one really wants to run anything, plus finding a blind group is impossible.". That is to say waiting to get a better experience may result in a worse one than you'd get now.

Nydius

The ๖ۜBronx;252597870 said:
Playing the original at the end would have been a shell of what others found when playing, and there's no reason to think that's going to change with D2.

You've posted something similar in other Destiny 2 threads and I'm going to call you out on your bullshit again.

In the back half of Destiny 1 Year 3, they put all of the raids back into rotation and people who weren't around in 2014 got to experience - and obtain meaningful rewards from - ALL of the prior raids. Many people who weren't around for year one got to see VoG and Crota and experience everything those raids had to offer for the first time just as they would have if they had bought in early. To say they got a "shell" of an experience is an outright lie: They actually got the polished, most complete experience because Bungie made minor fixes and QoL changes we could have only wished for back in 2014.

Now, there's no guarantee they'll do the same with Destiny 2, this is true. But considering the uproar by people during D1 about having ALL of the raids viable as end game, and given the way they've altered how enemies scale in D2 compared to D1, it seems HIGHLY LIKELY they're planning on keeping raids relevant over the course of the game's life.

E: Also, all the strikes were put in rotation, all the PVP maps were put in rotation. By the back half of year 3, someone waiting until then to buy the game had access to every single piece of content the game ever had and relevant light level rewards from them.

benjammin

Really excited for this and I'm not sure why. I enjoyed the original until the first DLC came out and it all became a bit of a cluster fuck. Didn't play at all afterwards as I was burned out and moved on to other games. Seems like the reviews for this one have a fair bit of negativity, especially with the post game, but I'm looking forward to jumping into some co-op raids and nightfalls. Please shoot me an invite on battlenet, benjammin172, I'd love to get together with some of you and run through this game. Hopefully they can/will fix some of the issues to add some longevity to this one.

Strakt

Starting to wonder the same thing...

A lot of salty people in this thread; but i guess most of you are used to shit posting rather than posting about games you like. I'm glad you remember my name though because I surely don't remember any of yours.

Not as hyped as I once was but still getting it because I know I will have fun playing with gaf like I did with d1. And I hope Bungie are listening to the feedback they are getting.

Don't you know.. on these forums.. if you like something it automatically makes you part of the defense force and the company is paying you
Then I am paid by Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Capcom, Bandai Namco, From Software, Square Enix, Bungie, EA, Activision, and Ubisoft.

Mupod

I played downsampled with SLI in the beta the entire time and it was almost perfect. The only glitch was some occasional flickering at end-of-round PVP score screens. So not too worried there.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
where's the best place to buy digitally here in the UK? cheapest i can find is GMG at £38.24. CD keys is letting me down as they want £43! could swear it was £10 cheaper last time i checked.

if it comes to i don't mind dropping £55 but eh i'd rather get it as cheap as possible. not willing to wait because i need it day 1.

Strakt

where's the best place to buy digitally here in the UK? cheapest i can find is GMG at £38.24. CD keys is letting me down as they want £43! could swear it was £10 cheaper last time i checked.

if it comes to i don't mind dropping £55 but eh i'd rather get it as cheap as possible. not willing to wait because i need it day 1.

GMG is prob the cheapest. Ebay might have nvidia codes for super cheap as well but for those you need to have a 1080 or 1080 ti installed.

Top Bottom