• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 12/14/2010

JeffGreen said:
that *is* me, circa 1988 or so. :)
Jeff, how would it make you feel if I told you that picture is as old as I am? :p

MannahContana said:
From Brads twitter 'Eight-ish hours of podcasting counting breaks, pretty sure that's a new record.' Wow might crack open a few beers to listen to that monster!
Keep in mind that they're recording the little podcasts they put out every day with the minor and joke categories (2010's 2009 Game of the Year, The Northies, Worst Game, etc.) at the same time, so that obviously contributes to it. The GotYcast will probably be four hours or so if we're lucky.

JeffGreen

97.5: The Brodeo
I AM JOHN! said:
Jeff, how would it make you feel if I told you that picture is as old as I am? :p

Given that I hear something like that every day, I'm good. :) The fact is, I may be 189 years old, but...I'M STILL HERE, BITCHES!

Nert

I'll really miss the Nintendo downloadable releases segment if they decide to give it the boot. I can see how it might not work for everyone, but some of the podcast's best moments have their roots in those bland PR descriptions. POW Block, anyone?

Curufinwe

LiK said:
Ryan too, he loved it as well. :D

It's a shame that neither Ryan nor Vinny (and Jeff too, most likely) had the time/motivation to do much more than play thru Bayonetta once on Normal. It's one of those rare games that get better the more you play it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Holy shit that DSi/Wiiware section was scary as fuck.

Please don't do that ever again guys :(

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
for next year Bombcast Ryan should cancel the long ass VC/DSi/WiiWare segment and make the news and emails segments longer.

and maybe add something like retro of the week where they talk about one good old game every week and give tips about it or something, anyway be creative sir Ryan, I need all new Bombcast next year.

Helmholtz

Totobeni said:
for next year Bombcast Ryan should cancel the long ass VC/DSi/WiiWare segment and make the news and emails segments longer.

and maybe add something like retro of the week where they talk about one good old game every week and give tips about it or something, anyway be creative sir Ryan, I need all new Bombcast next year.
Agreed. The WiiWare thing, while funny sometimes, runs waaay too long. They need to remove or replace that segment.

Lijik

Helmholtz said:
Agreed. The WiiWare thing, while funny sometimes, runs waaay too long. They need to remove or replace that segment.
I think they should just randomly pick one title from the two services each week and just read those.

I love the segment, but sometimes it really drags especially in weeks with like 10 releases that all poker games or some shit.

Totobeni said:
for next year Bombcast Ryan should cancel the long ass VC/DSi/WiiWare segment
1121176_o.gif

kashwashwa

Neo Member
I hate people who say they need to talk more about some shitty japanese game or WoW because that's what they play.

The reason I like Giant Bomb is because they talk about what the hell they want to. Stay golden giant bomb... stay gold.

LCfiner

I can understand why Ryan would want to cut the DSiWare and Wiiware segment but I urge him to keep it even if it needs to be trimmed a bit.

It might not be gold every week but it’s managed to provide some of the biggest laughs on the occasions that it really hit.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
glad to see Bayonetta, my goty, getting the love it deserves

MrDaravon

They MUST keep the Nintendo Downloads segment. This week's literally had me in tears at work, my co-workers probably think I'm insane.

Also to the guy talking about how they'd never give RDR GOTY because Jeff actively dislikes it; I think Jeff's problem with the game seems to be more just the setting than anything. And even ignoring that, if all 3 of them want that I would imagine Jeff would bow out, especially since I imagine he can at least acknowledge the quality of the game, even if he doesn't personally care for it.

MrDaravon

Neuromancer said:
Who doesn't like Westerns? :lol

Listening to him on this week's show and when he played it previously (I actually just listened to that one yesterday, been going through the back catalog), apparently Jeff. I don't care much for Westerns at all either. Everyone's not into everything!

StuBurns

Banned
Think he actually knew PSO2 is meant to be out next year or was just making it up for the gag and it happened to be true?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I loved Red Dead for the first few hours but just eventually gave up on it for no specific reason (right before I crossed into Mexico). Most of Rockstar's newest games since Bully have been like that for me. It's really weird.

MrDaravon

StuBurns said:
Think he actually knew PSO2 is meant to be out next year or was just making it up for the gag and it happened to be true?

They talked about it in the news segment when it was announced a couple of months ago, and it was announced with the 2011 release date IIRC, so he probably knew. He's mentioned before he's a big PSO fan, which always makes me disappointed that he never gave Phantasy Star Portable 2 a chance as it's an enormous improvement over PSU :/

I'm kind of in the same boat as Jeff; I really loved GTA4, but the little bit of Red Dead I've played has done absolutely nothing for me, and I typically love Westerns.

chubigans said:
I loved Red Dead for the first few hours but just eventually gave up on it for no specific reason (right before I crossed into Mexico). Most of Rockstar's newest games since Bully have been like that for me. It's really weird.
Then I'd say you probably saw the best part of the game and avoided the worst part (the ending.) I'd say that worked out pretty nicely for you.

No_Style

I really liked the pitch for PopCast. Getting other devs around the Seattle area to drop by and just talk. We need more podcasts like that. Irrational Interviews isn't enough!

Mar

Enjoyed the discussion about Bayonetta. I feel the game has been consistently ignored by most gaming sites and publications even though it's a runner up for this years goaty on most lists, which is quite weird.

There's a small amount of year left but Bayonetta will more than likely take my number 1.

I almost choked to death while eating my dinner when the Nintendo download stuff came on, everyone's laugh cracked me up. And Jeff Green needs to be on more.

sikkinixx

When Jeff was discussing the TSA and wanting to get felt up I muttered " 'well, I am a married man' " and then he goes and says it.

I read your mind sir... and there was pie.

Aaron

Shalashaska said:
I almost choked to death while eating my dinner when the Nintendo download stuff came on, everyone's laugh cracked me up. And Jeff Green needs to be on more.
I was driving to work and nearly lost control of the car. It was like a comedy sucker punch.

shawnlreed

According to Ryan's twitter, it looks like next week will be an ALL EMAILS edition of the Bombcast, then GOTY podcasting starts the week after that.

Interactive Fiction said:
According to Ryan's twitter, it looks like next week will be an ALL EMAILS edition of the Bombcast, then GOTY podcasting starts the week after that.

DAMN. I needed a podcast to listen to on the way home tomorrow :(

Top Bottom