• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
What happened to Speculawyer, btw? I see that he's still banned, but he's been so for a good while now. Is it perma?

Maledict

I'm just proud of Veep.

Fiance doesn't like it. Should I break up with him?

I'm not a huge fan of it either. Got half way through the first seasons and couldn't make it any further - it's just so *mild*. Compared to The Thick Of It it comes across as bland, compared to Yes Minister it comes across as stupid, and compared to the West awing it just comes across as poorly written.

Maybe it improves later on, but it really doesn't seem that good based on what I've seen.

Also why do people always ask why the US and other Western countries condone shitty regimes. You know the reason. Oil.

You drive. You need oil. You want consumer goods. You need oil. Oil. Reality.

You want to stop relying on shitty regimes for it. Frack everywhere.

Or stop buying things and bike everywhere forever.

We should have built many dozens of nuke power plants over the last 40 years. And yeah, cautious fracking needs to stay on the table.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Are we doing poetry now?

Donald Trump
Had a tiny post convention bump.
But his polling went bad,
SAD!

---

There once was a lady called Hillary
Who Donald Trump tried hard to pillory
But his ground game was strange,
Couldn't even arrange
A booze-up inside a distillery.

Wilsongt

At this point, I don't think we're going to see polls shift a lot one way or another. People who were going to vote Hillary are voting for her, and those voting for Trump were gonna vote Trump. Embarrassed Republicans, AKA Independents, were always going to fall mostly for him, anyway.

Unless some secret tapes come out of either candidate saying some filthy shit or Hillary dies, the election is going to come down to whether Hillary and the Democrats can actually get people to vote. A lot of millennials won't vote because wah wah wah she's not Bernie wah wah wah establishment. The Hispanic and African American vote is on lock. Just gotta get those young people to the polls.

And every time someone says their vote doesn't matter, or both candidates suck so why vote deserves to be pimp slapped. Twice. By Mike Tyson.

latinovote1.png

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/18/m...otes-but-what-will-they-really-add-up-to.html
Needs to be higher.

thebloo

A bit of perspective from the Huffpollster aggregate. August 1st through today.
The race has tightened, but it's still stably Dem.

he0mcXt.png

He already politicized it minutes after it unfolded at a rally. It looks like the campaign took away his smartphone for 48 hours and he got it back now.

Well, it's insensitive, but politics. The man is bitching all the time that Obama fails to keep citizens safe, so he's gonna jump on this opportunity. It would be weird if he didn't bring it up.

Zukkoyaki

Well at least it has her ahead there in the four-way. I was honestly expecting it to show Trump ahead.

Plus it's Florida, it's never not close.

Edit:
Just noticed that Florida poll was done 9/10-9/14 so at the peak of Deplorables and Pneumonia-Gate. That should help calm any potential nerves.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Hillary really squandered any lead she had, didn't she? I mean between her e-mails, and getting sick, and dying on stage, and dying on 9/11.

Fuck this election.

You are a raving lunatic, FYI, and it is very annoying.

This is a GOOD RESULT. She just had the worst run of polling outside of the email scandal and she is SLIGHTLY AHEAD in FLORIDA.

In other words, GET SOME PERSPECTIVE so I can stop using MORE CAPITAL LETTERS

I like that Nate Godcohn explained their LV screen and the results from alternate LV screens. That's why he is godcohn. And other Nates are trash.

Wilsongt

You are a raving lunatic, FYI, and it is very annoying.

This is a GOOD RESULT. She just had the worst run of polling outside of the email scandal and she is SLIGHTLY AHEAD in FLORIDA.

In other words, GET SOME PERSPECTIVE so I can stop using MORE CAPITAL LETTERS

Capital letters are fun. :(

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This needs to be Hillary's floor. Her campaign needs to flawlessly execute from here on out.

they will start by mothballing hillary and getting OBAMA out there~!

Dat apparent lack of RV->LV Obama magic tho

Today she is starting the effort by speaking to spoiled brat doucheba...millenials and Obama will be on the trail soon. BELIEVE please.

Dat apparent lack of RV->LV Obama magic tho

Eh, any poll that includes the horrible day where the video of her fainting was on every news site/channel is, IMO, going to have exaggerated enthusiasm effects.

That said, I've always felt FL is a lock via demographics and turnout.

Wilsongt

Michigan, pls.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...reat-state-removed-flints-power-sue/90467828/

LANSING — Days after Flint Mayor Karen Weaver served notice that her city might file a lawsuit against the State of Michigan over the Flint drinking water crisis, the state removed Flint's ability to sue.

Though Flint has not been under a state-appointed emergency manager since April 2015, the state still exerts partial control over the city through a five-member Receivership Transition Advisory Board, whose members are appointed by Gov. Rick Snyder.

The board moved quickly to change the rules under which Flint is governed so that the city cannot file a lawsuit without first getting approval from that state-appointed board.

In other words, Flint cannot sue the state without getting the state to sign off on it first.

That Florida poll is amazing. And, not just the topline, which I'm happy about, but the entire structure of that poll. Like, amazing. I think this reinforces that GOTV Is paramount, which we already knew so whatever. Who cares. But, I'm like ready to put a ring on that poll. Best Nate is best.

Wilsongt

Don't tell me what to do! Kev's my real mom. But, I don't know the last time I went on 538.
Also, I'm so old, I get charley horses in the mornings now. WTF.

Those are the worst. I could stretch my leg the wrong way in the morning and I am in agony.

Those are the worst. I could stretch my leg the wrong way in the morning and I am in agony.
Holy shit they're terrible. I just was stretching and managed to kick my fiance in the back because I was twitching around like an idiot trying not to scream. Getting old sucks.

Wilsongt

Holy shit they're terrible. I just was stretching and managed to kick my fiance in the back because I was twitching around like an idiot trying not to scream. Getting old sucks.

Drink more water. I'm surprised you haven't pickled yourself yet.

Maledict

Okay, I know this thread moves really fast, but I swear thats the first time I've seen it go from boyfriend to fiancé! Congrats!

I'm not a huge fan of it either. Got half way through the first seasons and couldn't make it any further - it's just so *mild*. Compared to The Thick Of It it comes across as bland, compared to Yes Minister it comes across as stupid, and compared to the West awing it just comes across as poorly written.

Maybe it improves later on, but it really doesn't seem that good based on what I've seen.
I found the second season to be a lot funnier than the first. That's when the show really hit its stride IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom