• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
what does 'anime project' mean because it sure as hell doesn't sound like season 3 lol.

It means what it says: some kind of new Konosuba anime is coming. Could be a season 3, could be a film, could be a spinoff short - who knows.

I too sense potential in "This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc.. It is not available in your country."

/XX/

For this next Comic Market (C92), Yūichirō Oguro from WEB ANIMESTYLE will help publish and make available first on the event a product titled Tadashi Hiramatsu's Sketch Book (平松禎史 Sketch Book). As is made obvious by its straightforward name, it will be a compilation of Mr. Hiramatsu's own personal drawings. Similarly to the previous book of rough sketches by Otonari published by Mr. Oguro too, it will most probably be made available for purchase outside said event and through regular distribution channels relatively soon after it ends.

To make it equal to Mr. Yoshinari's one that included an extra BD with his animated shorts, and thinking about a short animated project which Tadashi Hiramatsu personally directed; I'd love a good quality version of his 'Haruka story' from Sister Princess Re Pure to be included, but I'm aware it would be an out-there option for not being a proper standalone 'solo' work of his (that would have to be licensed exclusively for this). Silly me, but at least let me be happily hopeful for such improbable things! :p

what does 'anime project' mean because it sure as hell doesn't sound like season 3 lol.
Recap movie!
Although 'theatrical OVAs' (whatever that really means) is a concept in vogue these days.

I too sense potential in "This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc.. It is not available in your country."
Wow! An Aniplex Inc., video upload on YouTube I can watch in Spain but can't be watched on the U.S.A.? What? Can it be that they, for once, forgot to block us? :-O

I Can’t Understand What My Husband Is Saying season 1 & 2
I stumbled upon this randomly on CC and I'm glad I did. I tells the story of a recently married couple: a "normal" wife and her otaku husband. The first episodes are a bit too heavy on the otaku aspect, but progressively the anime dives deeper in the more serious aspects of their relationship. It's quite funny and well written. I watched the whole thing in 3 sittings (the episodes are only 3 minutes long and there are 26 of them).

Children of Ether Trailer

https://youtu.be/a5GS29oEdFk

I am actually glad Crunchyroll are making an original animation. Also I think the Director is the person who directed the Boondocks right? If so no wonder it reminds me of the Boondocks.

Anyway it looks really good so hopefully it ends up being decent. Can't wait to see some of it at the Ancient Magus Bride showing.

Edit: my bad with the double post.

moogs

Neo Member
Eureka Seven: AO OVA - Lord Don't Slow Me Down (One More Time)

By happenstance, Ao has found some semblance of happiness. He may not have earned it independently, but he still made the necessary choices himself. The development of Ao's altruist nature is the most substantial takeaway this series has to offer. Despite wielding chaotic, transcendental power, he did all that he could to resolve conflict and recover losses. That alone is an admirable feat.

A worthwhile detail to point out is that Ao never experienced absolute despair, unlike many time-traveling protagonists have. The only consequence was spending some time in existential limbo. Perhaps this is what makes the whole work feel empty in the end. It can only be described as that feeling one gets when he or she plays a game with all the cheats enabled—an experience devoid of achievement.

Apart from flimsy composition, the rest of the production quality meets expected standards. Cut to the bone, the display of idealistic philanthropy in AO was more interesting than the adolescent romance and teenage angst in the original Eureka Seven.

I am actually glad Crunchyroll are making an original animation. Also I think the Director is the person who directed the Boondocks right? If so no wonder it reminds me of the Boondocks.

Anyway it looks really good so hopefully it ends up being decent. Can't wait to see some of it at the Ancient Magus Bride showing.

Edit: my bad with the double post.

Will these movies ultimately be streamed on their website?

Will these movies ultimately be streamed on their website?

So basically what I know is that Crunchyroll are just showing the first episode of Children of ether and the first 3 episodes of the Ancient Magus Bride at the theaters. It's a premiere for fans.

But yes they will eventually be on Crunchyroll. Also I do not think its a movie rather its a TV series.

Ascheroth

Eureka Seven: AO OVA - Lord Don't Slow Me Down (One More Time)

By happenstance, Ao has found some semblance of happiness. He may not have earned it independently, but he still made the necessary choices himself. The development of Ao's altruist nature is the most substantial takeaway this series has to offer. Despite wielding chaotic, transcendental power, he did all that he could to resolve conflict and recover losses. That alone is an admirable feat.

A worthwhile detail to point out is that Ao never experienced absolute despair, unlike many time-traveling protagonists have. The only consequence was spending some time in existential limbo. Perhaps this is what makes the whole work feel empty in the end. It can only be described as that feeling one gets when he or she plays a game with all the cheats enabled—an experience devoid of achievement.

Apart from flimsy composition, the rest of the production quality meets expected standards. Cut to the bone, the display of idealistic philanthropy in AO was more interesting than the adolescent romance and teenage angst in the original Eureka Seven.
Do you get a tag if you kill a mod? Because I think I just heard duckroll dying.
And nintendoman.

So basically what I know is that Crunchyroll are just showing the first episode of Children of ether and the first 3 episodes of the Ancient Magus Bride at the theaters. It's a premiere for fans.

But yes they will eventually be on Crunchyroll. Also I do not think its a movie rather its a TV series.

I see. I got confused by the whole Anime Movie Night thing.

Cornbread78

Ai Yori Aoshi ep.16
3U0ot6K.png
Such a cute moment for these two. Aoi really needs to be more honest with herself and step her game up and not be so reserved socially and emotionally all the time. Their relationship is still growing despite the harem nonsense in the background....

Fairy Tail ep.121
*sniff* *sniff* I just need a moment...... That was beautiful.

However, that was one big, huge, giant walking death flag, especially with the background impending invasion. Things are truly looking bad for the next set of episodes....

Line_HTX

Yep, it is indeed the guy who directed The Boondocks. I think this is a full preview before showing Ancient Magus Bride at the theaters, I think? I'll see what this is like, because this is really cool that he's working with CR on this release.

Ascheroth

Oh my god cornbread has a new avatar.
Looks like Narag went too far. As the saying goes, fight fire with fire, cat with cats.
Everyone run!

Yep, it is indeed the guy who directed The Boondocks. I think this is a full preview before showing Ancient Magus Bride at the theaters, I think? I'll see what this is like, because this is really cool that he's working with CR on this release.

Yeah it seems like the first episode will be shown actually.

I Can’t Understand What My Husband Is Saying season 1 & 2
I stumbled upon this randomly on CC and I'm glad I did. I tells the story of a recently married couple: a "normal" wife and her otaku husband. The first episodes are a bit too heavy on the otaku aspect, but progressively the anime dives deeper in the more serious aspects of their relationship. It's quite funny and well written. I watched the whole thing in 3 sittings (the episodes are only 3 minutes long and there are 26 of them).

Yeah I really liked this one too and is one of the few anime aimed at adults rather than the 'adult market', I completely agree it comes into it's own once they get away from the otaku stuff and just focus on them as a couple.

Cornbread78

I think I'll settle with this avi for now. It's cute.

I like the other avi, but I have to make it focus on Happy's angry "man" face.

Happy was so damn good in that arc......

Also, there are no "best" girls in Konosuba, they are all mistakes.....

Aqua: Good for a night only *taxi please*
Darkness: Side hustle
Megumin: Jiffy Lube
YunYun: Girl Next door
Wiz: Would date

Is Konosuba a good show?

Or is it just a guilty pleasure type of show lol.
For general audiences it was amazing from the start. For those more critical with Anime comedies, season 1 was OK but season 2 is almost universally praised among those who watched it.

So the answer is, konosuba is damn good but I'd say the shows strength is in season 2. So if you're enjoying s1 then awesome. If you find s1 OK, keep watching and get to s2. I think it was Nintendo man or someone else in here who said he was close to dropping the show on s1, can't recall if he got to season 2 and can chime in if he ended up liking it way more or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom