• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Least memorable man in the world Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak returns to Russia

johnsmith

remember me
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sergey-kislyak-departs-u-s-as-ambassadorship-ends/

Controversial Russian Ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak has officially departed the United States as his assignment has come to an end, CBS News' Margaret Brennan reports.

Kislyak became a central player in the ongoing investigation into Russian meddling of the 2016 election. The long-time Washington fixture was involved in a variety of private meetings and discussions with Trump associates, including undisclosed interactions with Mr. Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, former national security adviser Michael Flynn and former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.

Sessions recused himself from the Russia investigation after revelations he had met with Kislyak during the campaign. Flynn was forced out as national security adviser for misleading Vice President Mike Pence about phone calls he had with Kislyak during the transition in which they discussed lifting sanctions against Russia.

Will Putin consider him a hero, or a failure for drawing so much attention to himself. Russian diplomats sure seem to be dying in droves http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/24/europe/dead-russians/index.html

Could it have been caused that that wapo Sessions story yesterday? https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...77740635e83_story.html?utm_term=.e4ec26baf335

giphy.gif

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
According to the Russian embassy, Kislyak has left the U.S. as part of a long-scheduled reassignment. The new ambassador has reportedly not yet arrived to the U.S

HERE IT FUCKIN COMES HOLD ONTO UR BUTTS

Mimosa97

Ofc he did a great job. Look at the state of american politics. His job was to undermine the election and it's exactly what happened. I bet some of the leaks regarding the secret meetings came from him. All he did was follow the orders from Putin.

JettDash

I can't imagine that Putin is happy that instead getting sanctions lifted that they are going to to increase.

Zubz

Banned
He attracted a lot of attention. If I was Kislyak, I'd feel safer in the US than in Russia.

There's some anime looking thing.

The joke is that the Fire Emblem character pictured is so forgettable, characters forget there's a hulking knight in the same room unless he's speaking (Which is rare).

For everyone saying shits about to go down and citing this is as the reason dial it back a bit. This isn't some fleeing in the middle of the night with no warning, it's been in the works for a month publically. Shit could and probably will still go down this week like every other week this admin but this isn't a reason for it.

So, how long before he "accidentally" ingests polonium or is "beaten to death in an apparent mugging" or "tragic car accident?"

I give him two months if he even makes it home.

mAcOdIn

I can't imagine that Putin is happy that instead getting sanctions lifted that they are going to to increase.
Bah, I don't think Putin's an idiot who expects everything to go his way. He might not have gotten sanctions lifted but he's sewn seeds of distrust among NATO, helped grow an isolationist movement in the United States, decreased faith in the US government among its' people and her allies, realistically speaking the sanctions hurt but a lot of the rest of this stuff we'll be unpacking for years and years now. I don't know if it's worth more than sanctions, I'm not sure you can even attach a dollar amount to it frankly.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Photo of Kislyak before leaving his post back to Russia.

454px-Sergey_Ivanovich_Kislyak_2016.jpg

Photo of Kislyak after landing in Moscow.

matthew-rhys.jpg

Hmm...

Top Bottom