• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockband 4 Instrument Compatibilty.

Neoxon

My GH5 guitar still works!

EDIT: Nope, my drums still work. Looks like I can just get the guitar bundle.

You know, they could have made that list a lot easier to parse. As it is, it's chronologically unsorted and a mess.

Summary:

Wireless guitars work like this:
PS2/PS3 -> PS4
XB360 -> XB1
Wired guitars be fucked? (But the ONLY USB wired guitar was the GH2 on Xbox 360)

Wired Drums work on PS4

All mics work.

No word yet on IONs.

Neoxon

You know, they could have made that list a lot easier to parse. As it is, it's chronologically unsorted and a mess.

Summary:

PS2/PS3 -> PS4
XB360 -> XB1
Wired guitars be fucked? (But the ONLY USB wired guitar was the GH2 on Xbox 360)

Wired Drums work on PS4

All mics work.

No word yet on IONs.
Actually, neither the PS3 GH: Warriors of Rock or the PS3 GH: Aerosmith guitars will work on RB4, at least according to the chart. Thank god I stuck with my GH5 guitar. And thank god I didn't get that second GH5 guitar, otherwise getting the band bundle would have been redundant.

HUELEN10

My question is, do the new instruments work in older consoles like the mortal combat fight pad.

I want to be able to play Beatles RockBand again!

Summary:

PS2/PS3 -> PS4
XB360 -> XB1

Wired Drums work on PS4

All mics work.

No word yet on IONs.

The original BIAB Rock Band 1 guitar was wired too. Bit of a pain since my whole kit is wired and really can't afford another full set :/

Neoxon

My question is, do the new instruments work in older consoles like the mortal combat fight pad.

I want to be able to play Beatles RockBand again!
I'd assume so for PS4-PS3 since they both use the same adapter (RB4 likely uses something similar to Lab Zero's PS3 stick driver). Not sure about the XB1 in relation to the 360 RB/GH games, as the XB1 requires a legacy adapter for the old 360 gear.

The explorer sucked, the select button was so small that timing your SP usage was a hassle. Go pick up a guitar hero 5 guitar and love life.

Still no word on IONs??? Damnit!! This is the only reason I am even keeping my 360 hooked up, I have RB parties every couple of months. No way I can NOT use the IONs.

bryehn

My Warriors of Rock guitar will still work, hope that Xbone legacy bundle is available in Canada and up for pre-order soon. A real shame there's no keyboard support this time :/

Actually, I think they were looking at their options for supporting keys for playing guitar/bass parts.

Their FAQ answer sounded pretty definitive that they're not doing that:

Q: I play guitar using my Rock Band 3 keyboard peripheral. I know you won’t support keyboard as a standalone instrument in the game, but can I still use my keyboard to play guitar?
A: We will not be supporting the keyboard peripheral in Rock Band 4.

Sealtest

From what I see my gh3 les paul PS3 controller will work just fine.

What's the difference between gh3 les paul and the aerosmith les paul? I thought they were the same just different faceplates.

Platy

Went all happy and forgot no wiiu game =(

At least I have Guitar Hero and ....have to buy a new guitar for this one ???? Fuck !

Just a reminder, Xbox 360 instruments require a special legacy adapter. There will be a bundle at launch containing just the game and the adapter for $79.99, and the adapter will also available standalone either at launch or shortly after launch (they haven't ironed out the details).

Just a reminder, Xbox 360 instruments require a special legacy adapter. There will be a bundle at launch containing just the game and the adapter for $79.99, and the adapter will also available standalone either at launch or shortly after launch (they haven't ironed out the details).

Ah ok thanks for that.

Wait so I was reading the chart wrong and the Warriors of Rock guitar wont work on PlayStation 4?

Fuck that. I'm not buying Rock Band 4 to play with one guitarist and three singers.

FyreWulff

I feel like they'll reintroduce the keyboard if they do RB5.

Rock Band 4 is the only Rock Band for this generation. They want to update it over time.

They've said it's possible that they could patch in keys to RB4 down the road as an example of the amount of 'update' they could do.

Chairhome

I kind of lame that my two rock band guitars won't work natively on the XB1...I'll test out using the Titan One though, if you can play an instrument on a regular controller, i may be able to map it to a guitar.

Iorv3th

Guess I have a few plastic instruments to throw out. Sucks that I can't use the xplorer. Best guitar and have 2 that work perfectly. Have always hated the RB guitars.

spadge

(apologies in advance, stupid question:) When they reference Fender Stratocaster, are they talking about this?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004MF102G/?tag=neogaf0e-20

If so, tremendously excited and I'm definitely picking up the game.

I think the pro controllers are out, which is a shame.
Pretty sure they mean this:
Rock_Band_Stratocaster.jpg

I want to know if the Drum Symbols still work. The extra pads add a lot to the drums.

Neoxon

I think the pro controllers are out, which is a shame.
Pretty sure they mean this:

I want to know if the Drum Symbols still work. The extra pads add a lot to the drums.
Pro Drums work.

Rock Band 4 is the only Rock Band for this generation. They want to update it over time.

They've said it's possible that they could patch in keys to RB4 down the road as an example of the amount of 'update' they could do.
Even better.

Top Bottom