• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockband 4 Instrument Compatibilty.

Malechai

unless i'm reading the table wrong, it looks like my wireless drums and guitars from guitar hero world tour are compatible? woot!

I guess that Sinclair guy can quit bitching now, since his PS2 crap will be supported. Too bad he's banned.

Oh well I guess that's only if he bought PS@ RB to begin with.

Mdot

Guys go here if you want ion kit support.

http://community.ionaudio.com/ion_a...rt-for-the-drum-rocker-to-work-on-rock-band-4

Voice your displeasure there.

So a guitar you bought 8 years ago, stops you from buying RB4? You're lucky to even be able to use any of the last gen instruments.

Yes, because I'm not about to go buy all new instruments. If what I still have worked, great. Was looking forward to just buying the stand alone game. Now being that it doesn't, I'm not reinvesting in new stuff. Different priorities but I'm glad most will work for those who have them. It's a nice plus.

Xone9

Banned
wasn't a ton of guitars dumped in a desert somewhere to be buried (like the E.T cartridges)?

be funny if this becomes a hit again and the market for used 360/ps3 guitars gets hot

FyreWulff

I'm not sure what people expect for 360 instruments working on PS4 when I can't recall a single time a console officially supported another company's controllers.

Sony never even supported 360 controllers on the PS3 as a generic USB controller, either, even though they theoretically could have.

Like, the only thing I can think of was being able to use Genesis controllers on an Amiga, but I don't think anyone was counting that.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
My drums broke a while back but the rest of my stuff is compatible, I really don't want to buy the band in a box but it seems that's my only option to get the new drums.

El-Suave

Any word on the Logitech Guitar Hero wireless controller for PS3? That's my only one that still works from the last generation of guitar games.

ta9nmuG.jpg

So none of the Playstation instruments will require an additional adapter (the new one)?

I'm still rocking the RB1 instrument bundle and I'm so happy that even the wired drums are still supported.

btw. will I still need the USB-dongle from the guitar? I guess the USB hub that came with the instruments should also work on PS4.

With that conformation I can digitally preorder the game, you get a bunch of PS+ exclusive songs that way, right?

goonergaz

wow, good news...I was just thinking about selling all the kit off!

What about the songs though? Is this going to be like singstar where the songs (eventually) transfer over as they are updated?

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Ro...360-Songs-Possibly-Use-Controllers-70462.html

Seems they will transfer too :)

I thought I read somewhere that there was no legacy support but it seems all bases covered and all I need to buy is the main game :)

edit - ergh, just realised - Beatles is disk so I assume I will lose those :(

FyreWulff

Their plan is if you have an official song, you can get it again on next gen.

RBN is still TBD.

Beatles is forever attached to their own game, so we'd have to get like, a next-gen port of Beatles to get those back.

Top Bottom