• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to watching the stream archive tomorrow, sounds like a good time

Love Jones but the precedent has been set that Jones-less off-the-rails streams are amazing

Lexad

When they first announced Cup of Jones, I was expecting it to be a (weekly) 5-10min max show on the production of other shows and some questions. We may not be getting it weekly, but an hour is way more than I bargained for and the questions are quite good. Jones know how to pick'em.

Honestly, the questions are my favorite part of the whole show. And obviously Brandon's clear and respectful responses

Those are pretty much all the negative stereotypes of anime, even though there's only like 4 anime that have ever had continuous runs for hundreds of episodes and ugly anime are rare.

I guess, my likes and dislikes just came from what I watched when I was younger and some of the series my friends tried to push onto me.

But fair point on the ugly bit, that's completely subjective. I was mainly thinking of One Piece when I said that.

MrMette

I hardly ever watch anime and I don't know that much about it, but I did watch some anime years ago and my sister is a big anime fan, so I hear stuff about it sometimes.

One of the series I still remember (and is only 13 episodes long apparently) is Haibane Renmei. The art and coloring is quite dark and realistic, I can't remember any pervy stuff. I don't remember the story very well, but I remember it was a heavy story (not that much upbeat about that series). I would really recommend having a look at the art style (which is what had drawn me in as I didn't want to watch the colorful anime back then). I do have to mention that it has been so many years that I don't rember most of the series only that I loved it back then.

Also if I remember correctly it is from the same creator as Serial Experiments Lain (which I know Ian mentioned in a stream before), although Lain's story was very weird (I still liked the anime, but they lost me at some points in the story).
I don't remeber Haibane Renmei being like that.

I am sure there are plenty of anime which aren't happy/colorful/weirdly drawn/overly long.
Most of the more know anime probably is probably at least one of those and that's why it does get that rep.

I did watch some of the more upbeat weird type of anime as well and it is not completely my cup of tea either, that said I can appreciate weird Japanese stuff in games as well (Yakuza comes to mind). You just have to accept that their culture is so different that we can not always understand why something happens . I find those weird quirks fascinating most of the time.

Philippo

From the latest Frame Trap:

rQQjacs.png

"Yea but what resolution Kyle?"
"All of them. All of them."

Karu

Becuase I'm a good kid, I wanna give Damiani's streams a chance - as I said previously that I'm not the biggest fan of what I have seen so far. So I pop in the FFXIV PVP stream... and he starts off with bashing the first X Files-movie.

Goddammit, Damiani...

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Damiani humming the Turtles in Time boss music constantly in last nights stream was one of the most annoying things I've ever encountered in a stream. Please. Stop. Stop this. Children stop doing this before they become teenagers because enough people tell them how incredibly fucking annoying it is. Then Ian joins in. Bad Ian, bad. No.

Other than that it was a great stream because mom and dad were away and the boys were going wild for Yonkers.

Damiani humming the Turtles in Time boss music constantly in last nights stream was one of the most annoying things I've ever encountered in a stream. Please. Stop. Stop this. Children stop doing this before they become teenagers because enough people tell them how incredibly fucking annoying it is.

Other than that it was a great stream because mom and dad were away and the boys were going wild for Yonkers.

giphy.gif

Other things children should improve on is learning to tolerate "annoying" things with more success.

btw i just found this classic:

http://huberhype.ytmnd.com/

omg this too

http://itsbosmantime.ytmnd.com/

wiibomb

I've been hearing again last weeks podcast, first time I do that.

I really think we should find a good betrayal game for the allies... imagine the possibilities

Kneefoil

One negative thing I want to say about last night's stream is that stretching the games to widescreen like that does disservice to the pixel art in these games.

Becuase I'm a good kid, I wanna give Damiani's streams a chance - as I said previously that I'm not the biggest fan of what I have seen so far. So I pop in the FFXIV PVP stream... and he starts off with bashing the first X Files-movie.

Goddammit, Damiani...

But did you hear that I really like the show? And I said as a kid I liked the first movie, but upon seeing the series up to the film's point in the storyline (between Season 5 and 6), I didn't like it as much. Will see what I think of "I Want to Believe" once I get to that point.

I can tell you didn't stay long because that stream actually turned into another Attack on Titan stream after a short time.

Damiani humming the Turtles in Time boss music constantly in last nights stream was one of the most annoying things I've ever encountered in a stream. Please. Stop. Stop this. Children stop doing this before they become teenagers because enough people tell them how incredibly fucking annoying it is. Then Ian joins in. Bad Ian, bad. No.

Sorry for that, it actually was mostly an unconscious thing I was doing, I was in a high stress situation and I tend to do repetitive physical stuff in response to block stuff out at that point, and as I said it just happens and I'm usually not totally aware of it. I also didn't realize I did it for that long.

Honestly didn't even notice him doing it at all.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Sorry for that, it actually was mostly an unconscious thing I was doing, I was in a high stress situation and I tend to do repetitive physical stuff in response to block stuff out at that point, and as I said it just happens and I'm usually not totally aware of it. I also didn't realize I did it for that long.

Its probably because the Magician Lord music was pretty similar tbh. I think we all hum some inane stuff whenever playing games at home, but on streams its something to be trained completely out. Hate to keep bringing you up on it as you've made great strides recently on the podcasts, but like a lot of the audience I'm listening to this stuff on headphones. I can survive the Huber spikes, but if there's a constant sound going dundunnundundunddudnnnundunddndddnnddnnn directly into my brain it feels like sound-torture.

With that said it was an incredible stream and retro nights are fast becoming the better stream nights because everyone gets incredibly hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom