• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun & Moon Previews (October 12th)

Nightbird

Had to bail out as soon as he said this was the same demo wed get to play, excited none the less.

Good to know, won't read/watch those then.

Can someone quote the technical part of the previews? (Example: Framerates, Battles, how the gameplay feels)

i don't want to be spoiled about the actual content of the Demo

Sou Da

pc1.jpg

wi-fi cafe

FelipeMGM

Game changer!

Furthermore, once you've landed an attack on a particular Pokémon you'll be able to see next to each one of your moves whether it's effective, not very effective, super effective, or has no effect. These new features aren't going to make much difference to any hardcore Pokémon Trainer, but for those for whom the myriad of types and moves are too vast to keep track of it's an extremely helpful addition.

I have the worst memory ever for types stuff, so heck yeah

I want to know if Pokemon Moon/Sun have a DexNav like feature, where you can see what Pokemon you can catch in an area and if you already caught them or not.

Sterok

Looks great, as Sun and Moon have been thus far. This is the sort of iteration/evolution Pokemon has been desperately missing, and the overall presentation and feel of the game seem to be much improved.

I want to know if Pokemon Moon/Sun have a DexNav like feature, where you can see what Pokemon you can catch in an area and if you already caught them or not.

This is a major feature for me as well. I feel like it made the random encounters serve a more meaningful purpose as it raised the chance if getting better pokemon.

Game explain saying the battles are slow again compared to RSE and Black/White/B2/W2

At least he didn't say it was 4th Gen slow

Still a bummer though

Game explain saying the battles are slow again

At least he didn't say it was 4th Gen slow

Still a bummer though

Yeah I saw that as well, but he was comparing it to BW, which was super fast, as opposed to XY/ORAS so I don't know if it's any better or worse.

Edit: Just saw your edit.

I thought the soundtrack seems even larger than XY?

The soundtrack has 175 tracks compared to XY's 212. There's bonus tracks to take into account sure, but Sun/Moon will likely have some as well, along with 15 tracks from XY that are also said to be on the soundtrack.

Kinsei

Banned
4l9gKxV.jpg

ITS HAPPENING

ALOLA GEN 2 AND 3 MONS

You sure? It's entirely possible that the Nintendo Rep was wrong or the previewer thinks some Gen 1 Pokemon are from Gen 2 and Gen 3.

I want to believe but I'll be incredibly disappointed if I do and it ends up being Gen 1 only.

Ezalc

4l9gKxV.jpg

ITS HAPPENING

ALOLA GEN 2 AND 3 MONS

Gen 2 as in seeing Ledyba. I would love to see alolan forms for anything other than gen 1 pokemon, but nothing has been shown, hinted at, or even from those supposed leaks that seems to support this which is extremely disappointing.

Seil

It's not happening. He only saw Rattata and Meowth

For what it's worth, they saw Rattata, Meowth and a third they were told not to talk about. But that could easily be Grimer or some other Kanto Pokemon.

Gen 2 as in seeing Ledyba. I would love to see alolan forms for anything other than gen 1 pokemon, but nothing has been shown, hinted at, or even from those supposed leaks that seems to support this which is extremely disappointing.

They mentioned Gold and Ruby while talking about variants specifically. But there's also nothing to back up the idea that they saw a Gen 2 or 3 variant. It could've been an assumption.

JoeM86

Do note that Japan calls the concept of Alola Forms "Region Forms", so even if they are only Gen 1 now, it's probable that the concept will be continued in future games

Top Bottom