• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun & Moon Previews (October 12th)

MegaMelon

Yes, but they have to encourage players to come in. Game developers can't just pander to their existing audience, they need to expand it else the audience will gradually and noticeably shrink

It's illogical to dismiss what he said just because those kids don't play the games.

You're right that they need to encourage new players, but I don't feel that the ways they're going about it are neccesarily the right way. Like with the games difficulty, Masuda said in an interview on the games difficulty (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-director-explains-why-series-is-becoming-e/1100-6422945//)

For example, there are so many free games you can play on your phone now, there's so many entertainment options, so making it a little easier to play is the reason for that.

I really don't think that someone who is interested in free games on phones is the type of person Gamefreak should be going after, especially if the existing audience suffers because of it. And we have. It's true that pokemon has never been a hard game series, but there was still some semblence of challenge in the older games.

BW2 for instance on it's own was still harder in say gyms despite being pretty similar to XY in terms of how many pokemon they have. But there was a hard mode which gave a more challenging option for (older) fans. Of course not only did they abandon it but it was locked behind completing the game AND was version exclusive. Decisions like that just baffle me.

Azuran

Banned
You're right that they need to encourage new players, but I don't feel that the ways they're going about it are neccesarily the right way. Like with the games difficulty, Masuda said in an interview on the games difficulty (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-director-explains-why-series-is-becoming-e/1100-6422945//)

I really don't think that someone who is interested in free games on phones is the type of person Gamefreak should be going after, especially if the existing audience suffers because of it. And we have. It's true that pokemon has never been a hard game series, but there was still some semblence of challenge in the older games.

BW2 for instance on it's own was still harder in say gyms despite being pretty similar to XY in terms of how many pokemon they have. But there was a hard mode which gave a more challenging option for (older) fans. Of course not only did they abandon it but it was locked behind completing the game AND was version exclusive. Decisions like that just baffle me.

Masuda is an idiot.

Honestly, he should take the Nomura approach of not saying anything instead of spouting inane and laughable reasons for justifying the removal of basic features in games. All the crap he said about he removal of the Battle Frontier and customization was a completely joke.

FSLink

Banned

The streamlining is fine but man they could just add a difficulty option. That'd be a start.

If they're dumb and are too paranoid about the kids accidentally using the harder mode they could just hide it as a code.

Izayoi

Banned
The streamlining is fine but man they could just add a difficulty option. That'd be a start.

If they're dumb and are too paranoid about the kids accidentally using the harder mode they could just hide it as a code.
The part that hurts the most about this is that they toyed with the idea in Gen V... But nothing ever really came of it. Pls. ;_;

JoeM86

They don't have a choice if the rumours are true, which seems likely.

All future Pokemon adventures will likely be on NX if it's a portable home console.

Why don't they have a choice?

Masuda is an idiot.

Honestly, he should take the Nomura approach of not saying anything instead of spouting inane and laughable reasons for justifying the removal of basic features in games. All the crap he said about he removal of the Battle Frontier and customization was a completely joke.

Battle Frontier was not a "basic feature", and customisation is IN THE GAME

Top Bottom