• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's dirty JP mag news

Jonnyram

Famitsu reviews
Motorstorm PS3 8,8,8,6
Evangelion PS2 7,6,7,6
Mana 4 PS2 7,8,8,7
Madden 360 7,8,7,5
Sonic PS3 8,7,7,7
Sonic 360 8,7,7,8
Lost Planet 360 9,9,9,9
MGS P.Ops PSP 9,10,9,9
Tales: Radiant Mythology PSP 8,7,8,7
IQ Suppli DS 7,7,6,6
Heisei Kyoiku DS 6,9,7,6

Mrbob

Soul4ger said:
Aren't Crystal Chronicles and Dragon Quest IX going to be largely the same game..?

This is what I'm thinking too. Looks good though.

OH and DS is killing next gen/new gen.

ivysaur12

Banned
Ugh at the Mana scores.

So, what do we know about FF:CC-RoF? Seems like it stars a brother and a sister Clavat. Any story or gameplay details revealed?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
jj984jj said:
Rings of Fate looks sooooo much better than FF:CC.
umm.. they are the same game.. it says so right there on the page.. unless you mean FF:CC for the Wii?

Though it's nice to see Square getting some use out of the FFIII engine. Having just picked it up today it's without question the nicest engine yet on DS. Amazing.

ant1532

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Lost Planet 360 9,9,9,9
Damn, glad it's living up to it's expectations. Wonder if capcom found it's new home here.

neo2046 said:

This BETTER support WiFi Connection. Please Square.

Ya know what... If there is no voice chat for it online then forget it, would seem dumb without it. My friends would likely get this anyways. Whens the JP(and NA if out) date for this?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I suppose all Level 5 will be able to create on the DS is FF:CC: DQ version despite making some great aRPGs this generation.

borghe said:
umm.. they are the same game.. it says so right there on the page.. unless you mean FF:CC for the Wii?

Though it's nice to see Square getting some use out of the FFIII engine. Having just picked it up today it's without question the nicest engine yet on DS. Amazing.
No I meant the first game.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I say any FFCC game that comes out from now into the future that doesnt support online co-op play (free) should be shunned and protested and therefor a financial disaster till they GET IT RIGHT.

The original FFCC was an exception, so they knew we were interested in the series... now its time to do it right.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
jj984jj said:
No I mean the first game.
ooooohhh... yeah.. to me FF:CC was like they were testing out a new art style but still very unsure of it. it just seemed like it never followed through. FFIII/FF:CCDS/FF:CC definitely seem to realize that art style much more fully.

ant1532

Banned
John Harker said:
I say any FFCC game that comes out from now into the future that doesnt support online co-op play (free) should be shunned and protested and therefor a financial disaster till they GET IT RIGHT.

The original FFCC was an exception, so they knew we were interested in the series... now its time to do it right.
Yeah, but would be useless without voice.

Jonnyram said:
Motorstorm PS3 8,8,8,6

cat.jpg

VALIS

Do they usually release Madden in Japan? Does it sell at all? I'd have to imagine that's like releasing a cricket game in America, a sport the overwhelming majority have absolutely no ties to at all.

Draft

A mod should really edit the Motorstorm score into the thread title so that this thread can really get started.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So who wants to make up reviews?

Motorstorm:
1 - The dirt is very realistic. Dustbunnies in my closet, haha.
2 - I liked the rumble feature.
3 - Evolution studios did a great job. Cars make good noise. Not enough Nissan Skylines.
4 - Game too slow. Help boost button but game kept glitching. Car exploded.

enishi

ant1532 said:
This BETTER support WiFi Connection. Please Square.

Ya know what... If there is no voice chat for it online then forget it, would seem dumb without it. My friends would likely get this anyways. Whens the JP(and NA if out) date for this?

All recent news release from S-E does not include WFC anymore. I'm afraid that it has the same fate as Mario Basketball 3 on 3... Announced supporting WFC first and then dropped due to various reasons...... :(

What good could they possibly have to say about Sonic? Do the Motorstorm reviews complain about lack of multiplayer?
Man, Famitsu scores really do mean nothing.

Average scores for more accurate numbers

Jonnyram said:
Famitsu reviews
Motorstorm PS3 6
Evangelion PS2 6
Mana 4 PS2 7
Madden 360 7
Sonic PS3 8
Sonic 360 8
Lost Planet 360 9
MGS P.Ops PSP 9,
Tales: Radiant Mythology PSP 7
IQ Suppli DS 7
Heisei Kyoiku DS 9

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
sublime085 said:
What good could they possibly have to say about Sonic? Do the Motorstorm reviews complain about lack of multiplayer?
Man, Famitsu scores really do mean nothing.
It has plot twists?

Top Bottom