• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fragile Website Opens! Trailer and music within.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
you know, the person speaking in the trailer could be the character heroine, and not the dress cloaked kid, would make some sense if she's some sort of mystical nymph type person.

another thing is that the music reminds me alot of Kino's Jouney if any of you have seen that. for me, that hype x1000000000000000 :D

edit, nevermind about that speaker comment. it's still possible, but the speaker referred to himself (or herself) with boku. probably the guy...

edit2, take first edit back. could be either one.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Lionheart1827 said:
Yeah it doesn't sound like Sakuraba's style, but how come you wouldn't want him to?
prolly because his style wouldnt fit in, I guess.

I love Sakuraba so I wouldnt mind if he composes the OST for this game, but I dont think it's him.

re: trailer. Im impressed.

ethelred

Lionheart1827 said:
Yeah it doesn't sound like Sakuraba's style, but how come you wouldn't want him to?

Sakuraba does enough stuff as it is. Too much stuff. He'll be doing Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4, he just did Eternal Sonata, and so on. I'd rather see this game have music by Masako Oogami and Keiki Kobayashi because I think they're incredibly talented, and the music they did for V&B and Seven was beautiful.

Aside from that, I just don't think he's even remotely the most appropriate composer for what this game seems to be. It looks extremely atmospheric, and Sakuraba is... not an atmospheric composer.

Moot point, anyway. The music on the site and trailer is not him.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
FRAGILE

Please note these are primitive WMV captures downsized to a common 600 pixel width.

fragile-video-1.jpg

fragile-video-2.jpg

fragile-video-3.jpg

fragile-video-4.jpg

fragile-video-5.jpg

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
ethelred said:
Sakuraba does enough stuff as it is. Too much stuff. He'll be doing Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4, he just did Eternal Sonata, and so on. I'd rather see this game have music by Masako Oogami and Keiki Kobayashi because I think they're incredibly talented, and the music they did for V&B and Seven was beautiful.

Aside from that, I just don't think he's even remotely the most appropriate composer for what this game seems to be. It looks extremely atmospheric, and Sakuraba is... not an atmospheric composer.

I dunno VP2 showed he can compose good atmospheric music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gwvvOfYZJk

ethelred said:

Yeah true, he probably wouldn't be a good choice for this kind of game, and he is doing a lot of games now that I think about it. I also noticed a huge similarity in the battle themes for Eternal Sonata and BK.:D

traveler

Not Wario
OK, so the song isn't a total lift of the Spirited Away theme; it actually diverges quite nicely in the second half.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Looks real great and as everyone has said, the music in the trailer is amazing.

No definite info on who the composer may be? And as much as I love some of Sakuraba's output (Golden Sun represent!) 80% of the tunes he does are not very memorable.

Really hoping that this game will be similar to Endless Ocean - just an exploration type of game without too many encounters (in the typical RPG sense) and worrying about your life.

Tristam

The music is very nice. The character model is pretty unimpressive graphically, but the backgrounds still look appropriately spooky. I hope that wasn't actually the protagonist narrating -- he seems to have enough gender issues based solely on his appearance.

Here is the translation of the trailer:

Ah, Hotaru. . .
Kono hoshi wa
Konna ni hirokute
Sekaichu ni wa
Takusan no hito ga afureteiru no ni
[boku wa doushite hitori bocchi nan darou]
To, kangaeteshimau, subete no hito e.

Ah Hotaru. . .
This Star
It’s this sort of vastness
The Earth is overflowing with people, but every person thinks “why am I alone?”

It's because their mind is rot with madness. And to end this madness I must destroy that world, and to do that, I must locate the virus. (I made up the madness/virus crap.)

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Mockingbird said:

Ah, Hotaru. . .
Kono hoshi wa
Konna ni hirokute
Sekaichu ni wa

Ah Hotaru. . .
This Star
It's because their mind is rot with madness. And to end this madness I must destroy that world, and to do that, I must locate the virus.
thank you good sir, and damn, that's sort of twisted and dark for an outlook. i like where this is going. :D

anyone care to translate the site?

Aeris130

Mockingbird said:
Ah Hotaru. . .
This Star
It's because their mind is rot with madness. And to end this madness I must destroy that world, and to do that, I must locate the virus.

Aeris130's interest rose greatly.

beef3483

Mockingbird said:

Ah, Hotaru. . .
Kono hoshi wa
Konna ni hirokute
Sekaichu ni wa

Ah Hotaru. . .
This Star

Seriously, with this and the screens, Fragile just shot into my top-five-most-wanted.

Mockingbird said:

Ah, Hotaru. . .
Kono hoshi wa
Konna ni hirokute
Sekaichu ni wa

Ah Hotaru. . .
This Star

Like doomed1 said, that sounds pretty dark. Fits the mood well for a post-apoc game though. I really like the thought of exploring deserted cities, which isn't typically done for some reason in the genre (it's far more common to have a "Mad Max" type setting).

K0NY

FRAGILE: Must be Italian!

leg-lamp.jpg

(please tell me I'm not the only one who thought of this when they saw the thread title!)
:D

This game looks seriously cool. Flashlight IR hasen't been fully realized on wii yet, and could make for some pretty intense exploration. The presentation looks top-notch too.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
This looks fucking awesome. Make that 3 fucking great looking 3rd party JP Wii games coming out in 08.

edit: "hotaru" is firefly btw.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
A couple details I dug up.

Apparently the theme of the game is creating your own "short story" also the game's subtitle is "Goodbye ruins of the moon"

Tomorrow Dengeki online will have a full unveiling. And the December Dengeki magazine will have even more info.

ivysaur12

Banned
Mockingbird said:

Ah, Hotaru. . .
Kono hoshi wa
Konna ni hirokute
Sekaichu ni wa

Ah Hotaru. . .
This Star

Wow. That sounds really awesome.

The art looks amazing, the teams that made the game are amazing, there's no reason not to be hyped for this game.

Squeak

vareon said:
Now it looks a lot more like an adventure game. Not a problem for me, though.
I really, really hope it is. I would hate for this pristine atmosphere to be shattered all the time by random battles.
An exploration adventure in this style would be awesome.

duckroll

Mockingbird said:

Ah, Hotaru. . .
Kono hoshi wa
Konna ni hirokute
Sekaichu ni wa

Ah Hotaru. . .
This Star

Translations are cool.

Making up shit is not cool!

Mudhoney

duckroll said:
Making up shit is not cool!
:lol I can never trust you multilinguals.

Anyways, this game definitely has my interest (
HALL OF BOOGIE ARMS
). Fire Emblem wont quench my Wii RPG thirst forever.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Awesome! They put it online already! :D

sp0rsk said:
This looks fucking awesome. Make that 3 fucking great looking 3rd party JP Wii games coming out in 08.

edit: "hotaru" is firefly btw.
My top 5 for Wii (I'd say 10 but Brawl/Disaster are on that list) in 2008 is only 3rd party!

1. King Story
2. Fragile
3. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
4. Oboro Murasama
5. Samba de Amigo 2

Acosta

Fantastic! Love it.

Now I have doubts about buying a japanese Wii or not. I would like to think that nowadays is really hard for a game to stay only in Japan, but neither Seven or Venus were brought outside. *sigh* I hate that, wish I could have time and patience to learn japanese.

Top Bottom