• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fragile Website Opens! Trailer and music within.

ivysaur12

Banned
Acosta said:
Fantastic! Love it.

Now I have doubts about buying a japanese Wii or not. I would like to think that nowadays is really hard for a game to stay only in Japan, but neither Seven or Venus were brought outside. *sigh* I hate that, wish I could have time and patience to learn japanese.

They were also 2D. Namco tends to bring over the 3D games.

etiolate

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
Normally I don't get yanked by mistaking boys as girls, but that dude looks like a girl, has a baby blue dress and even sounds like one. :S

Still gonna get it tho.

Yeah I thought i had figured out the boy/girl thing after Ranma 1/2 so many years ago... but now I am lost again.

I hope this is a relaxing game. The one new thing to consoles I really liked from last gen was the appearance of relaxing, enjoyable games. I'm rather looking forward to more of those.

Datschge

ethelred said:
That song is definitely not Sakuraba
It actually sounds a lot like some of the TV Drama he did in the mid to late 1990s... But if it's him it's likely his instrumental version of some J-Pop theme (he uses that style only seldomly on his own). In either case the whole actual arrangement (not so much the simple main melody also used in the trailer) sounds great.

turk128

ethelred said:
They looked like arms of spirits, yes.
Elfen Lied takes over the world? That aside, the more I see of this title the more it reminds me of the cyber world in Dennou Coil.

Does the main ambiguous protagonist at least have the excuse of being young?

EDIT: Wow, the site music is fantastic.

farnham

Banned
Ill probably buy it.. just because i want more RPGs on Wii.. the game itself looks kinda meh to me though.. i hope they make it more interesting like endless ocean for example..

xcomp

Mockingbird said:
The Earth is overflowing with people, but every person thinks “why am I alone?”
The stories never seem to get away from the theme of loneliness.

Hate to say this but, the visuals remind me of Ghostbusters somehow ^^;

I agree the theme sounds similar to Spirited Away. Maybe the composer is a fan of Joe Hisaishi's music? In any case, it's a nice theme. If this is the kind of music you'll be listening to in the game, I doubt you'll be scared exploring the ruins.

From the world section of the site:

"Fragile: Farewell to the Lunar Ruins is an RPG set in a not so distant future where the world has ended in ruins. In between crumbling walls, on the other side of the shattered windows, where everything is withering away, what will you find in this oxidizing world?"

VerTiGo

Banned
I don't like questioning if the main character is a guy or a girl. And if it is a guy, I like playing games with heterosexual characters and not one that looks like a queer... Very little interest in this. Sorry Namco, but at least you've got Tales of Symphonia II.

ivysaur12

Banned
VerTiGo said:
I don't like questioning if the main character is a guy or a girl. And if it is a guy, I like playing games with heterosexual characters and not one that looks like a queer... Very little interest in this. Sorry Namco, but at least you've got Tales of Symphonia II.

...Uhh. There is so much wrong with this post to even begin.

VerTiGo said:

Save us all some time and just shoot yourself now.

well looks to be about as close to somewhat sorta of a silent hillish game on the Wii as im gonna get for awhile, so i have tenative anticipation.

VerTiGo said:

Pretty boys are an in thing for Japan, and the more buff/muscular they are the more.... homosexual the stereotype I think(going by Cho Aniki). I dont care tho as long as the game is decent/spooky.

LOCK

Wow

What is happening... a RPG on the Wii that looks great, sounds amazing, and is from a third party.....GTFO

Hmm...between this and No More Heroes I might actually end up buying a damned Wii.

side note: Does anyone else ever have idle thoughts about if you somehow had a development team at your disposal and complete creative freedom, what kind of game you'd make? Fragile seems spookily similar to ideas in that vein that have been floating around in my head for a while. And this isn't even the first time that's happened, I also had a "dream game" in my mind very similar to Way of the Samurai before it came out.

Hunahan

Banned
Ah c'mon guys. There ain't enough meat on dem bones to even catch a whiff of the entree yet.

I'm curious to hear more, sure, and the VnB's team involvement is a credit to their race, but getting excited over a trailer that non-descript is mad premature, right....

birdchili

speedpop said:
Really hoping that this game will be similar to Endless Ocean - just an exploration type of game without too many encounters (in the typical RPG sense) and worrying about your life.
the encounters need to be a bit dangerous to make it actually stressful exploring. endless ocean trades tension for relaxation by making even the most normally dangerous critters benign (as i understand, anyway).

the last time i recall the words "exploration rpg" used together we got king's field - still one of the most atmospheric console rpgs in ages. so much about fragile is looking fantastic (world/character design, flashlight mechanics, proper 3d exploration, dark lonely tone...) - a swift and flawless localization please.

Redd

Wow looks nice graphics wise and the music is great too. Hopefully the gameplay turns out good as well. I'm getting excited for Fragile, go namco.

Banned
sp0rsk said:
This looks fucking awesome. Make that 3 fucking great looking 3rd party JP Wii games coming out in 08.

edit: "hotaru" is firefly btw.
Don't you mean 4?

No more Heroes
Vanilla Ware game that I couldn't spell right for the life of me
King's Story
Fragile

Hunahan said:
Ah c'mon guys. There ain't enough meat on dem bones to even catch a whiff of the entree yet.

I'm curious to hear more, sure, and the VnB's team involvement is a credit to their race, but getting excited over a trailer that non-descript is mad premature, right....
yes, yes it is.

I hope it's awesome, but a part of me can't shake that "tranny suprise" feeling I'm getting thanks to Soul Calibur Legends and Rygar.

birdchili

aside from the fact that namco doesn't have exactly the best rpg record - everything shown so far looks fantastic. there have been so very few interesting things done with console rpgs from japan this gen... optimism people!

jesusraz

Now, does this mean that Sword of Legendia was just a code-name for either this or ToS: KoR...or are we likely to get another RPG goodie from B-N? Hmm...

And thanks again to the chap/chappette that made the *.mp3 file :)

Nintaiyo

Definitely sounds better than it looks. Either way, I won't buy this game until I find out whether the main character is a girly man or a gender confused female.

Nintaiyo said:
Definitely sounds better than it looks. Either way, I won't buy this game until I find out whether the main character is a girly man or a gender confused female.

It's a guy. His name is Seto. You have something against kilts?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
It's a tunic you idiots. He's wearing pants. I think at this point its trolling little more than character art. Give it a rest already. Or as Dragona would say, "not enough guns n tits for ya?"

fragile-characters-1.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
doomed1 said:
then shouldn't NeoGAF be word filtered? :lol

you don't get it.

neogaf > internet > neogaf

or in this case,

neogaf > go nintendo > neogaf

how many accounts are you going to create, anyway?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
PantherLotus said:
you don't get it.

neogaf > internet > neogaf

or in this case,

neogaf > go nintendo > neogaf

how many accounts are you going to create, anyway?
eh? wut? this is my only account. i was only joking in that because RMC gets a bunch of his news from NeoGAF, maybe his source should be filtered too. but i know the hierarchy, it was just some joshing.

anyway, lets get this thread back on track. Fragile, yes, it's awesome. i'm listening to the MP3 right now. thanks Provider, you deliver.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Firestorm said:
Probably because GAF is supposed to be a pretty good source but people like you fuck it up =/ Then again, I don't think it's a good idea to trust people other than duckroll, Jonnyram, etc.
Yeah practically how it goes and has been for quite a few years really. Don't believe shit that comes out of people's fingertips unless they have an upstanding reputation (as much as I hate ducky's little :lol's after every sentence, he's a great poster).

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I like the premise and the music. The trailer doesn't look good at all from a technical standpoint, but the art is intriguing.

Edit: Just heard the full music from the website. WOW.

Top Bottom