• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NH Primary Results Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebs

Today is the vote, here we can discuss who wins and so forth. Polls opened in small towns of NH at midnight and already counted all the voters. For those two VERY small towns it is:

Dixville Notch
Democrats: Obama 7, Edwards 2, Richardson 1, Clinton 0
Republicans: McCain 4, Romney 2, Giuliani 1

Hart's Location
Democrats: Obama 9, Clinton 3, Edwards 1
Republicans: McCain 6, Huckabee 5, Paul 4, Romney 1

Is there a website similar to the one the Iowa primary had, with the official results being updated real time, etc?

Cheebs

The Orange said:
Is there a website similar to the one the Iowa primary had, with the official results being updated real time, etc?
Not that I know of. Official coverage begins at around 5-6 PM EST on the cable news channels.

Sirolf

Well,I'm not American but go go Obama!! :D
Surely a lot better than our French buffoon Sarkosy.

ToxicAdam

Word is that all the (formerly) Undecideds are heavily leaning towards Obama/Romney.

I anticipate that's how it will shake out.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Clinton 0 votes...

It's already over. It's over...

Sirolf said:
Well,I'm not American but go go Obama!! :D
Surely a lot better than our French buffoon Sarkosy.
He must have something going for him because google news tells me his relationship with his girlfriend is serious... fucking a model is so serious it makes the news.

GO OBAMA!

EDIT:

Clinton 0

Well done men, we've successfully defended our control over world power.

jak stat

Bill Clinton came yesterday, and today it's Obama's turn. The event hasn't started yet, but the lines are quite insane right now.

Here are some hazy pictures.
PICT0011.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

RubxQub

jak stat said:
Bill Clinton came yesterday, and today it's Obama's turn. The event hasn't started yet, but the lines are quite insane right now.

Here are some hazy pictures.
*pics*
I thought this was a joke post until I saw the 3rd picture :lol

nerbo

I'll be sad but not surprised if NH goes Obama/McCain. I hope for the outside chance we'll go Clinton/Paul when libertarians come out of the woods to the polls.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
That's word because you know
You can't touch this, oh-oh oh oh-oh-oh
You can't touch this, oh-oh oh oh-oh-oh
Break it down
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh

Stop... Obama time!

:p

Cheebs

nerbo said:
I'll be sad but not surprised if NH goes Obama/McCain. I hope for the outside chance we'll go Clinton/Paul when libertarians come out of the woods to the polls.
Paul will get 5th (out of 6)

Why in the world would you EVER want Clinton to win?

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT OBAMA LOCKS UP THE NOMINATION!!!!
obama10207_narrowweb__300x387,0.jpg

barak_obama.jpg

Cheebs

Hitokage said:
So Paul can beat her, I think.
Paul wouldn't win a general seeing how his own party is refusing to vote for him. Not even against Clinton. Hell Clinton would be able to beat McCain/Romney/Huckabee. We won't have the chance to see though of course.

nerbo

Cheebs said:
Paul will get 5th (out of 6)

Why in the world would you EVER want Clinton to win?

She got my vote. Has the most fleshed out health care plan by a mile - And one that insurance companies aren't going to gut out. Obama gave me no reason to vote for him over Hillary, only managing to convince me he has little experience, a poor voting record and will raise my taxes. Edwards is just a damn fool.

I would like to see Ron Paul win because he's the only true conservative running for that team right now and I'd like to see the Republican party represent limited spending again sometime in my lifetime.

Cheebs

nerbo said:
She got my vote. Has the most fleshed out health care plan by a mile - And one that insurance companies aren't going to gut out. Obama gave me no reason to vote for him over Hillary, only managing to convince me he has little experience, a poor voting record and will raise my taxes. Edwards is just a damn fool.

I would like to see Ron Paul win because he's the only true conservative running for that team right now and I'd like to see the Republican party represent limited spending again sometime in my lifetime.
Obama and Hillary's voting record is nearly identical.

Cheebs

nerbo said:
There was a landslide in Iowa? Guess I missed that...
Hillary had 29%, Obama had 38%. Thats a landslide. It will be over 10% again tonight.

And again in Nevade
And again in South Carolina (where it could be more like a 20-30% win)>

The Democratic Party has abandoned the Clintons, its obvious.

nerbo

Cheebs said:
Hillary had 29%, Obama had 38%. Thats a landslide. It will be over 10% again tonight.

And again in Nevade
And again in South Carolina (where it could be more like a 20-30% win)>

The Democratic Party has abandoned the Clintons, its obvious.

38-29=10?

9 points=landslide?

Over 10... *again* ?

Maybe in Iowa...

*insert Dean scream here*

Where do I get my Kool-aid?

Cheebs

nerbo said:
38-29=10?

9 points=landslide?

Over 10... *again* ?

Maybe in Iowa...

how the hell is 10% not a major victory? How can your gal Hillary even win? With one state won he has gone from 20% behind nationally to TIED with her nationally. He'll have another 3 state victories before super tuesday which will just add and add to the momentum.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
nerbo said:
38-29=10?

9 points=landslide?

Over 10... *again* ?

Maybe in Iowa...

actually, those are caucus numbers, exit polls suggest if it was a straight vote, clinton probably lost by about 17%.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Cheebs said:
how the hell is 10% not a major victory? How can your gal Hillary even win? With one state won he has gone from 20% behind nationally to TIED with her nationally. He'll have another 3 state victories before super tuesday which will just add and add to the momentum.

Where did you see Obama being tied with Hillary nationally?

Cheebs

mckmas8808 said:
Where did you see Obama being tied with Hillary nationally?
Gallup revealed a poll that Obama thanks just to Iowa jumped up and is tied with her 33-33. He'll get another boost out of NH then again in Nevada and SC making his lead insurmountable come Feb 5th.

Triumph

Banned
nerbo said:
38-29=10?

9 points=landslide?

Over 10... *again* ?

Maybe in Iowa...

You'll have to excuse Cheebs... he is a teenager from Michigan, you see...

However, I have to say that while 9 points isn't necessarily a "landslide", the fact that Clinton lost AT ALL after her early dominance is a huge loss for her. And not one that I am upset over. Look at it this way- after the 15% cut, supporters of the weaker candidates had another chance to vote for her... and chose not to, in droves apparently. Think of it this way- 71% of caucus goers DIDN'T want her to be the nominee. Telling.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Cheebs said:
Gallup revealed a poll that Obama thanks just to Iowa jumped up and is tied with her 33-33. He'll get another boost out of NH then again in Nevada and SC making his lead insurmountable come Feb 5th.

WOW!

Triumph said:

However, I have to say that while 9 points isn't necessarily a "landslide", the fact that Clinton lost AT ALL after her early dominance is a huge loss for her. And not one that I am upset over. Look at it this way- after the 15% cut, supporters of the weaker candidates had another chance to vote for her... and chose not to, in droves apparently. Think of it this way- 71% of caucus goers DIDN'T want her to be the nominee. Telling.

You guys don't understand. She lost by 17% (total vote). The percentages that we saw weren't popular votes.

nerbo

Triumph said:

It's still just Iowa. Can't take it too seriously.

nerbo said:

Yeah but the poll numbers are showing that the Iowa caucus had considerable momentum towards Obama's campaign. His numbers are up since Iowa. If he secures another victory in New Hampshire, he is going to push himself past Hillary. A few more victories and he will be too far ahead for Hillary to topple him.

The caucuses _do_ mean something. The fact that Hillary got 3rd is a strike against corporatism and "the same old shit" that we would have received if she became President. It is clear from the Iowa results that people want to see actual changes. Perhaps Obama may not be the best but the Iowa results are showing that people want something new. If the rest of the nation feels this way, Hillary is fucked.

Triumph

Banned
nerbo said:
Yeah, but the fact is if he wins NH it's over. No candidate of either party that's won Iowa and NH has never failed to capture the nomination.

Really, this just underscores the necessity of a national primary day. And have it in April or May so the fucking election season is shorter.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This "change" thing is getting annoying. I'm for sameness.

McCain/Clinton plz for the ticket. Audacity of hope indeed.

KingGondo

Banned
Here's hoping that McCain can beat Fraudney. I honestly can't imagine being a Republican voter in NH, watching Mitt's performance over the last three days, and changing my mind to vote FOR him.

The thing I've heard again and again in "man on the street NH polls"--Romney looks good on TV, he's charismatic, he LOOKS presidential... Meaningless bullshit really does seem to decide US elections...

Restore my faith in the American voter, New Hampshire!

RubxQub

The Experiment said:
Yeah but the poll numbers are showing that the Iowa caucus had considerable momentum towards Obama's campaign. His numbers are up since Iowa. If he secures another victory in New Hampshire, he is going to push himself past Hillary. A few more victories and he will be too far ahead for Hillary to topple him.

The caucuses _do_ mean something. The fact that Hillary got 3rd is a strike against corporatism and "the same old shit" that we would have received if she became President. It is clear from the Iowa results that people want to see actual changes. Perhaps Obama may not be the best but the Iowa results are showing that people want something new. If the rest of the nation feels this way, Hillary is fucked.
New is needed.

Cheebs

Triumph said:
Yeah, but the fact is if he wins NH it's over. No candidate of either party that's won Iowa and NH has never failed to capture the nomination.

Really, this just underscores the necessity of a national primary day. And have it in April or May so the fucking election season is shorter.
Yeah. Iowa/NH double win = national win mainly because americans dont like voting for "losers". Having a few states do it early make america follow their lead. We are like sheep in that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom