• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PPP Polls: Clinton winning WI, NH, PA, OH, IA, losing AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf is wrong with you Arizona
My takeaway as well.

Too close. Almost all of them.

People should be worried. Instead most Clinton supporters here think they are gonna breeze through.

You guys need to take a long hard look at Brexit.
I agree that the numbers are too close, but I disagree that the optimism is blind confidence. I think we're all actually shitting our pants and the optimism on display is more like hope.

massoluk

Banned
4% means Arizona is in play, isn't it? That is good for so-called reliable Red State. And with McCain in real threat of losing his seat. So does Penn, Nate Silver did say the democrats are getting too comfortable with Pennsylvania

GutsOfThor

Too close. Almost all of them.

People should be worried. Instead most Clinton supporters here think they are gonna breeze through.

You guys need to take a long hard look at Brexit.

I'm a Clinton supporter but in no way am I overconfident. I'm actually extremely concerned about their being a silent majority with trump. One of my friends who has never voted and who doesn't follow politics said he'll probably vote for trump because he's different. How many people are out there that echo this sentiment?

I want nothing more this year than to be proven wrong.

Meanwhile Trump has visited Scottland more than most of the swing states. It almost seems like deliberate sabotage at this point.

He has no advertising up in major states and no ground campaigns set up anywhere in the country. It's almost July. This is unparalleled in modern US election history. Meanwhile he's not raising money, he refuses to engage donors, and his campaign is is disarray. How long before he fires the one competent person he has (Manafort) and really goes off the cliff?

Erevador

Meanwhile Trump has visited Scottland more than most of the swing states. It almost seems like deliberate sabotage at this point.

He has no advertising up in major states and no ground campaigns set up anywhere in the country. It's almost July. This is unparalleled in modern US election history. Meanwhile he's not raising money, he refuses to engage donors, and his campaign is is disarray. How long before he fires the one competent person he has (Manafort) and really goes off the cliff?
I think it really is quite possible that at this point he has absolutely no intention of winning, and just considers this the greatest branding campaign of all time.

Could you imagine if Trump was running against Obama?

The debates would be a massacre, but part of the reason it feels like the race would be even more out of reach is because the GOP has trained its sights off of him and onto Clinton.

If Hillary took herself out of the running years ago and it was Biden or third-term God-Emperor Obama running this year, we'd be musing the same things about Hillary and her 60% approval rating.

As someone who grew up in Iowa, I am hoping beyond all hope that Grassley is defeated. I swear that he has just gotten by on name recognition alone for far too long. I will be pushing all my friends and family in Iowa to vote against him this year.

Miles X

Very good, tho I still worry about Trump not being the nominee. I want to get this convention over and done with already.

Hoping Hillary turns some red states blue.

Blader

Ron Jonson is fucked, holy shit. Didn't see the gap being quite that bad.

Something to remember:
Trump is foregoing data and GOTV operations, while Hillary has inherited most of Obama's amazing machinery from 2012. That's worth a point or two in most states. That's huge.

I was reading something politico this morning that he's making more concerted investments into data operations, and may have actually had more infrastructure in place the last few months than his campaign let on. The downside being that he doesn't really have anyone on staff that can interpret that data!

4% in a bunch of places in the OP is a toss up and well within the margin of error.

There were no consistent Brexit polls showing one option always in the lead by varying margins.

Polls of Hillary vs Trump have been consistently showing her beating Trump by 5+ margins for a solid month now. Even some of the most right leaning polls like Rasmussen show Hillary leading.

Ron Jonson is fucked, holy shit. Didn't see the gap being quite that bad.

I was reading something politico this morning that he's making more concerted investments into data operations, and may have actually had more infrastructure in place the last few months than his campaign let on. The downside being that he doesn't really have anyone on staff that can interpret that data!

"Accurate data" just sounds like the leftist cousin of 'fact checking'
It's about how much data you get and Drumpf will have way more data then Hillary. Better Data!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Legit question: What are the chances the RNC simply drops Trump? Because almost every single poll coming out is disastrous for him and if they are the least bit accurate, Clinton is taking 300+ electoral votes with several states gaining Democrat seats. Is that not a possibility?

It's a lose lose for them. They stick with him not only do they get crushed, but it kills their already damaged appearance. If they pull him it'll incite riots and a major divide in the party.

Arizona does not surprise me.

The city of Phoenix is democrats but the Phoenix metro area (suburb cities) are republican. Tucson and Flagstaff is democrats.

I can actually see Arizona turning as a swing state though. Mesa is becoming more and more Latino and the upcoming next block of voters in their 30's are more liberal than conservative. McCain has one more term in him and then that seat is up for grabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom