• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Super Tuesday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolTrick

Banned
I want to make a thread because I realized a lot of the polling data is going to get buried in the other Polling thread since the Obama-Clinton debate has moved there, and it'd probably be better if we just moved it to one general thread since the prior Debate thread is now old news.

I don't mind updating the original post with all the latest poll numbers either.

BARACK OBAMA WINS GEORGIA AND ILLINOIS!

HILLARY CLINTON WINS ARKANSAS, OKLAHOMA, AND TENNESEE

MIKE HUCKABEE WINS ALL 18 DELEGATES IN WEST VIRGINIA

Huckabee: 52%
Romney: 47%
McCain: 1%

POLL RESULTS BEGINNING AT:

supertuesdaytimes.png

supertuesday.png

Final results will be added to this post when they are listed. Projections will also be listed here first when they have been made.

Hootie

This isn't going to work, I think we'll have to split Super Tuesday up into separate topics to keep the chaos to a minimum.

Maybe split it up by Democrat/Republican, and then once again by region? Just a suggestion.

CoolTrick

Banned
If the mods don't feel this will work, feel free to make this the Democratic topic and make a seperate Republican topic.

I guess the only argument against that is that there aren't really too many Republican debates around here.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Yes, separate party topics with updated OP (like one of those gaming megathreads).

CoolTrick

Banned
I'm also finding the page with all the delegate totals for each state, so I'll add that in and put in all the data.

Hootie said:
This isn't going to work, I think we'll have to split Super Tuesday up into separate topics to keep the chaos to a minimum.

Maybe split it up by Democrat/Republican, and then once again by region? Just a suggestion.

No way. Just make it one big thread. No need for all these separate threads.

cashman said:
So if all these predictions come true, is it game over for Obama?

Even I wouldn't say he'll be destroyed on tuesday. I expect him to survive: he'll get a lot of delegates without being blown out in any states outside of New York. Hell I think he could win California.

Bottom line: Hillary enters Super Tuesday as the front runner, and she'll end Super Tuesday as the front runner. And at this stage of the game Obama won't have many more chances to overcome her

Lefty42o

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Even I wouldn't say he'll be destroyed on tuesday. I expect him to survive: he'll get a lot of delegates without being blown out in any states outside of New York. Hell I think he could win California.

Bottom line: Hillary enters Super Tuesday as the front runner, and she'll end Super Tuesday as the front runner. And at this stage of the game Obama won't have many more chances to overcome her
:lol

Supposedly California is a lot closer than that with their internal numbers I heard some talking head saying on a show yesterday.

Lefty42o

Banned
Cheebs said:
What? Does Obama's website tell you PD is wrong or something?

with the democratic primary being proportional who wins the popular vote won;t matter. remember nevada? this is about delegates. theres no telling how it will go but even if one candidate win s a states popular vote they could still lose the delegate count for that state.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
PhoenixDark said:

Not necessarily. If the two stay within a couple hundred delegates of each other, its anyones game.

Stoney Mason said:
Supposedly California is a lot closer than that with their internal numbers I heard some talking head saying on a show yesterday.

Obama has received some good endorsements in the state which will help with the Latino vote. I could see him gaining more delegates than Hillary there, whether he wins or not.

Zeed

Banned
The polls have been worth shit up until now, so I'm going to hope that they will continue to be worth shit. In Obama's favor, of course. Seriously, I will be crushed to see Hillary win.

PhoenixDark said:
Obama has received some good endorsements in the state which will help with the Latino vote. I could see him gaining more delegates than Hillary there, whether he wins or not.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in California shows Hillary Clinton with a very narrow three-percentage point lead over Barack Obama. The survey was conducted in the hours immediately following Florida’s Presidential Primary and before John Edwards dropped out of the race.

Doesn't factor in the debate but as of Wednesday it was very close.

CoolTrick

Banned
The thing about Obama's strategy going into Super Tuesday is that, although we don't have recent polls for states like Idaho, Kansas, North Dakota, and Alaska, he needs to really blow Hillary Clinton out of the water in order to begin to make up ground that she's going to make in the big states. I don't think he will.

Cheebs

Stoney Mason said:
I want a post debate poll first. All the latest post debate polls have hillary getting a slight boost in the "big mo'" I am curious to see if that is spread out across the states in play as well.

Stoney Mason said:

I wonder if the early voting is gonna fuck Obama no matter what. There are reports that like half the state has already voted, and based on old polls I'd imagine Hillary has the advantage there. So if Obama is winning by 2-3% when the total votes are added he'll be in second place

Cheebs

PhoenixDark said:
I wonder if the early voting is gonna fuck Obama no matter what. There are reports that like half the state has already voted, and based on old polls I'd imagine Hillary has the advantage there. So if Obama is winning by 2-3% when the total votes are added he'll be in second place
Early voting is so fucked up. I dont get the point of some states with easy early polling. Unless you are going on vacation or have some health issue you should have to show up at the poll the day of the election.

CoolTrick

Banned

I've been saying to not ignore this.

I remember the Florida exit polls showing Hillary having a massive lead (Something like 65-27) amongst people that voted back in December.

Hillary Clinton's California campaign adviser already declared victory in the state weeks ago because of exceeding target numbers for early voting, for which their was a huge movement by the Clinton camp. (As well as the Obama camp, but at that point, Clinton had more resources.)

Really, ANY state that allows early voting gives some advantage to Hillary Clinton, since more people had the opportunity to vote before Obama surged a bit.

CoolTrick

Banned
By the way, please note that although there are obviously more Super Tuesday states, I'm not going to add states to the first post with poll data that is months old.

thekad

Banned
I really don't think the polls mean anything. Americans are a fickle bunch. And yeah, early voting is fucked.

Vgamer

CoolTrick said:
By the way, please note that although there are obviously more Super Tuesday states, I'm not going to add states to the first post with poll data that is months old.

Seems like you should add Republican polling data as well so we can get all the Super Tuesday info in one thread. Otherwise this thread title should be renamed to "The Official Democratic Party Super Tuesday Thread" to be more accurate.

CoolTrick

Banned
I'll definitely add the Republican data.

I just needed a little break. :lol (Plus, with Huckafuck refusing to drop out, the nomination is McCain's guaranteed imo).

Does anyone have the National Republican Gallup poll?

Cheebs

CoolTrick said:
I've been saying to not ignore this.

I remember the Florida exit polls showing Hillary having a massive lead (Something like 65-27) amongst people that voted back in December.

Hillary Clinton's California campaign adviser already declared victory in the state weeks ago because of exceeding target numbers for early voting, for which their was a huge movement by the Clinton camp. (As well as the Obama camp, but at that point, Clinton had more resources.)

Really, ANY state that allows early voting gives some advantage to Hillary Clinton, since more people had the opportunity to vote before Obama surged a bit.
yep. Obama won those who decided in Jan. Hillary won those who decided in Dec. And Hillary won overall.

If there was no early voting in FL I bet it would have been within 5%.

Juice

As returns come in, I want to see the CNN board with three tallies, score-board style:

______ CLINTON ___________________ OBAMA
| States ____X________________________Y
| Delegates_XX________________________YY
| Votes ___XXX________________________YYY

No matter what happens, candidates are going to spin what was best about the night for them, the viewer may as well see all that info in front of them the entire time (since it's not necessarily likely in a close race that the most delegates --> most votes/states)

Cheebs

Why would any American vote for Osama Hussein Obama? Wasn’t one Hussein enough?

Juice said:
As returns come in, I want to see the CNN board with three tallies, score-board style:

______ CLINTON ___________________ OBAMA
| States ____X________________________Y
| Delegates_XX________________________YY
| Votes ___XXX________________________YYY

No matter what happens, candidates are going to spin what was best about the night for them, the viewer may as well see all that info in front of them the entire time (since it's not necessarily likely in a close race that the most delegates --> most votes/states)
delegates dont come in like that. We wont have delegates the day of. Just popular votes.

Juice

Cheebs said:

delegates dont come in like that. We wont have delegates the day of. Just popular votes.

:lol, I didn't know that was a joke post right away b/c you changed your avatar. :lol:lol

Cheebs

Juice said:
:lol, I didn't know that was a joke post right away b/c you changed your avatar. :lol:lol

The United States defeated an evil dictator when it toppled Saddam Hussein in 2003. America now faces a grave threat from another Hussein. Barack Hussein Obama promises to destroy the very fabric of our nation.

But the biggest problem with Hussein Obama is his Muslim background. He can deny to high Heaven that he is a Muslim, and mask it with his so-called profession of Christian faith. But make no mistake about it. Hussein Obama is a Muslim.

The thought of Hussein Obama as commander-in-chief should send shivers up and down the spines of every America citizen as we fight the War on radical Islam.

Juice

Cheebs said:

I think in some of the caucus states you will, but you're right, definitely not in most :/

Cheebs

Juice said:
I think in some of the caucus states you will, but you're right, definitely not in most :/
the headlines will be about raw vote count. delegates will trickle in over the week and it wont be clear what the hell happened delegate wise for a little while. Especially in those rural states like Alaska.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom