• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Super Tuesday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
grandjedi6 said:
What part do you not understand? Delegates? Superdelegates? Electoral College? Caucuses? Conventions? Closed Primaries? Modified Caucuses? Loophole Primaries? At large delegates? Pledged Delegates? Advisory Primaries? Bonus Primaries? Winner-take all primaries? 15% threshold?
Most of that, it seems. And to steal a skit from a radio show...

"at this point I know what you're thinking, how did George Bush ever get through to start with?"

"Ok, so you understand the primary process Mr. President."
"Yes indeed, the undecided clusters form a cut-off."
"Uh, no sir, a percentage cutoff determined by the number of delegates."
"And then the cactus is assigned."
"No sir, the caucus is not assigned, the delegates are assigned."
"And then... the thigh bone is connected to the knee bone?"
"No, the participants cluster in to groups."
"And then the voting machines are built by a company that donate to the republican party!"
"You got it sir."

woeds

Did anyone see Hillary on letterman yesterday? Yesterday, I read about some last-minute media 'stunt' that she would be doing, was this it?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I got this tanish-brown post card that says "Voter Notification Card" and tells me to sign in a specific spot. Am I supposed to take this post card as my Voter Registration Card when I go to vote? And can I take the grey-blue handbook with me (just to remember some of the propositions)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's pretty much over for Obama if he can't take California. If he can take that and Illinois, he can counteract Hillary taking New York and New Jersey (Hillary already has nearly 50 superdelegates from just those two states alone) and force the battleground to turn to the national picture and the smaller states. I think it would also generally be considered a win for him overall and give him the so-called post-Super Tuesday "rub" of momentum.

If he can't do that, though, I don't really see where he can get the delegates to catch up to and pass Hillary. He won't be "out" officially, but if he can't make up most/all of Hillary's lead today, he is not going to be making up the gap later on either.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
MetatronM said:
I think it's pretty much over for Obama if he can't take California. If he can take that and Illinois, he can counteract Hillary taking New York and New Jersey (Hillary already has nearly 50 superdelegates from just those two states alone) and force the battleground to turn to the national picture and the smaller states. I think it would also generally be considered a win for him overall and give him the so-called post-Super Tuesday "rub" of momentum.

If he can't do that, though, I don't really see where he can get the delegates to catch up to and pass Hillary. He won't be "out" officially, but if he can't make up most/all of Hillary's lead today, he is not going to be making up the gap later on either.

It's not winner take all. Actually the way the district and at-large delegates are set up, Obama and Hillary will end up pretty close together in delegates unless there is a huge upset

Lefty42o

Banned
MetatronM said:

proportional system my friend. every state including california except a couple like new york are statistical dead heats. so unless one candidates wins by double digits there will be a split of the delegates. it takes a computer program and speculation to try to determine what the delegate count would look like but i saw estimates today of 810-870 split between the 2.

now with that said they also explained that hillary could win california with 55 percent and still lose the delegate count in california.

with that said obamas plan has been to grind it out. if he loses California and only loses by 100 or less delegates it hurts him none. infact its more of a negative towards hillary casue she was leading by double digits 2 weeks ago in alot of these sates. obama has been coming on strong and likley his momentum will not be enough to have a significant win today but enough to make it a break even. and after tomm more than half of the delgates will still be left . more than half

which leads the the final point that obama is crushing hillary in money raised. if this drags on till say texas hilliary may be in big trouble. and if she loses califronia after having a double digit lead it will be over for her.

looking past super tuesday obama is already advertising in the feb 12 states. (where i live) i have seen hundreds of obama ads but no hillary ads. and we are talking 270 delegates. she can't afford to buy ads her yet. so she is behind obama going forward. not to mention la, washington, and nebraska before the feb 12th states.

no the pressure is on hillary for a strong showing. if its a split or he does better its probably very tough for hillary after this and likely the end

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
grandjedi6 said:
It's not winner take all. Actually the way the district and at-large delegates are set up, Obama and Hillary will end up pretty close together in delegates unless there is a huge upset
I understand that. But Obama really needs to WIN that state and get at least a modicum of delegates above what Hillary will. Hillary is already winning in the delegate race, and she's likely to win the other two BIG states not named Illinois (and possibly by substantial margins, especially in New York), which makes California the one big opportunity to win back delegates and cut the margin down.

I just don't see a possible scenario where Obama can win the nomination if he either loses or roughly ties 3 of the 4 biggest states in play overall on the Democratic side.

(And I'm talking about winning/tieing/losing in terms of delegates here, not popular vote.)

Lefty42o

Banned
MetatronM said:
I understand that. But Obama really needs to WIN that state and get at least a modicum of delegates above what Hillary will. Hillary is already winning in the delegate race, and she's likely to win the other two BIG states not named Illinois (and possibly by substantial margins, especially in New York), which makes California the one big opportunity to win back delegates and cut the margin down.

I just don't see a possible scenario where Obama can win the nomination if he either loses or roughly ties 3 of the 4 biggest states in play overall on the Democratic side.

no she is winnign the super delegate race. which means nothing right now cause super delegates are not bound to vote for any candidate. and they don't actually cast a vote till august.

the key here is regular delegates. and the pressure is still on hillary. she is expected to win california.

this was suppose to be where hillary wins the nom. now it looks like she might not even win the delegate count at the end of the day.

ur really off base .

a tie or split vote benefits obama. its been talked about all week on every news channel man. and he is favored in alot of the next sates comming up 2 weeks after today. no a tie with hillary is a win. there is still over 2,000 delegates to be awarded after tomm

and finally this has been debated all day with every damn graphic and every damn analyst on tv. right now it looks like neither candidate would gain more than 100 delegates total after tomm. a toss up. and that benefits obama. this was hillary's fire wall. you don't see it cause you don't understand the process enough. trust us when we say if hillary does not gain more than 100 delegates on obama he is fine and in great shape. more than that than its a hard road to travel to the nom.

grandjedi6

MetatronM said:

(And I'm talking about winning/tieing/losing in terms of delegates here, not popular vote.)

Hillary will get ahead of Obama today, but only by a 100 delegates or so. She will get a great majority in NY and NJ but will make it up in Georgia and Illinois. Rest of the states should do the same or tie off. So in the end the two should be close together.

Lefty42o said:
no she is winnign the super delegate race. which means nothing right now cause super delegates are not bound to vote for any candidate. and they don't actually cast a vote till august.

I have to correct you on this. Superdelegates do matter at this point. When the media and democratic party count up delegates they figure in Superdelegates to a point. But Superdelegates are ficle and can change sides quickly though.

the key here is regular delegates. and the pressure is still on hillary. she is expected to win california.

this was suppose to be where hillary wins the nom. now it looks like she might not even win the delegate count at the end of the day.

ur really off base .

a tie or split vote benefits obama. its been talked about all week on every news channel man. and he is favored in alot of the next sates comming up 2 weeks after today. no a tie with hillary is a win. there is still over 2,000 delegates to be awarded after tomm

and finally this has been debated all day with every damn graphic and every damn analyst on tv. right now it looks like neither candidate would gain more than 100 delegates total after tomm. a toss up. and that beenfits obama. this was hillary's fire wall.

and I think you are overestimating Obama's advantage after Super Tuesday. The two are actually pretty equal or with Hillary in the winning of the post-Super Tuesday states. The media just figures that Obama can gain with momentum and by visiting the states

Lefty42o

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
and I think you are overestimating Obama's advantage after Super Tuesday. The two are actually pretty equal or with Hillary in the winning of the post-Super Tuesday states. The media just figures that Obama can gain with momentum and by visiting the states

first i live in va. up here we have been hit by tons of obama ads for days. not 1 hillary ad. she can't afford to campaign outside super tuesday states. obama is advertising in over 29 states right now.

this aint about his surge this is about how right now all we see in va is obama. thats hurting hillary bad.

where was the rally where obama announced kennedy's endorsement? dc . so hes rallied here last week.

this whole things was dissected on anderson 360. she will have to try ti survive a very rough two weeks where she will possibly lose most of the states in play. she needs a good showing tomm to build into what obama has already got started up here in va,md,dc.

once again this is not fully my thought. this is what i got from watching cnn and msnbc all day.

grandjedi6

Lefty42o said:
first i live in va. up here we have been hit by tons of obama ads for days. not 1 hillary ad. she can't afford to campaign outside super tuesday states. obama is advertising in over 29 states right now.

this aint about his surge this is about how right now all we see in va is obama. thats hurting hillary bad.

where was the rally where obama announced kennedy's endorsement? dc . so hes rallied here last week.

this whole things was dissected on anderson 360. she will have to try ti survive a very rough two weeks where she will possibly lose most of the states in play. she needs a good showing tomm to build into what obama has already got started up here in va,md,dc.

once again this is not fully my thought. this is what i got from watching cnn and msnbc all day.

I think Obama has the potential of winning the potamic states. But right now its either a tie or Hillary is ahead. We have to wait until after Super Tuesday to have an idea of each candidate's chances there

Lefty42o

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
I think Obama has the potential of winning the potamic states. But right now its either a tie or Hillary is ahead. We have to wait until after Super Tuesday to have an idea of each candidate's chances there

say what you want but i live here man. i am telling you she is so far behind right now.

there are no less than 10 obama organized super tuesday parties, in my city alone. i have not seen 1 ad from hillary. i have seen ads for obama on every channel 4 or 5 times a hour maybe lil less for the past 7 days.

my mom is a huge hillary supporter. and she went to see what events they were having around here. nothing. her campaign is non existent. i live just south of dc in a urban area as well. a hillary stronghold if you will.

so if she is going to be competitive here she is going to need to do very well in the feb 5th and feb 9th states.

NewLib

Banned
Obama needs to do better than Hilary on Super Tuesday so he can end it when the Belt Way states vote. If he allows Hilary to get more delegates out of Super Tuesday, it will be at best tied going into March.

March 4th is lining up to be a very hard day for Obama unless he has the obvious momentum and lead to win Ohio, because Texas is going to give Hilary a lot of delegates.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
grandjedi6 said:
Hillary will get ahead of Obama today, but only by a 100 delegates or so. She will get a great majority in NY and NJ but will make it up in Georgia and Illinois. Rest of the states should do the same or tie off. So in the end the two should be close together.

I have to correct you on this. Superdelegates do matter at this point. When the media and democratic party count up delegates they figure in Superdelegates to a point. But Superdelegates are ficle and can change sides quickly though.

Right. The problem I see, though, is that Hillary is the party's candidate. She is the establishment candidate. This cannot remain a "close race" and end with Obama winning the nomination. It simply will not happen. The superdelegates in Hillary's corner are not likely to jump ship unless Obama becomes the clear and obvious front-runner by a significant margin, and the only way he is going to do that is by winning in as many major states as possible among those that are realistically in play (and that includes California). If you're going to beat the establishment's candidate, there has to be a pretty clear and decisive mandate from voters. Obama does not have that...yet.

Also, "it's what all the guys on the news are all saying" is pretty much a worthless argument. They are selling you entertainment first, news second. It is in their best interest for the campaign between Hillary and Obama be a knock-down, drag-out, hard fought horse race right to the end, regardless of what the actual and most realistic scenario is in the long term. Especially considering there's a somewhat realistic possibility that the Republican race may be much much clearer and more straightforward after tomorrow (there's also a possibility it will remain as intense and close as the Dem side, but it's not quite a certain thing the way it is on the Dem side).

Lefty42o

Banned
NewLib said:
Obama needs to do better than Hilary on Super Tuesday so he can end it when the Belt Way states vote. If he allows Hilary to get more delegates out of Super Tuesday, it will be at best tied going into March.

March 4th is lining up to be a very hard day for Obama unless he has the obvious momentum and lead to win Ohio, because Texas is going to give Hilary a lot of delegates.

no he doesn't. he pretty much already has these states in the bag as long as hillary does not have a great showing and can really swing the presence obama has here.

once again since sitting here i have seen another obama ad. i have not seen any hillary ads. not 1.

the pressure is squarely on hillary. i am your eyes on the ground here in the beltway. i am telling you this is obama country right now. no question about it. she has so much ground to make up here. she can't afford to not have a good showing specially in states like califronia.

grandjedi6

Lefty42o said:
say what you want but i live here man. i am telling you she is so far behind right now.

there are no less than 10 obama organized super tuesday parties, in my city alone. i have not seen 1 ad from hillary. i have seen ads for obama on every channel 4 or 5 times a hour maybe lil less for the past 7 days.

my mom is a huge hillary supporter. and she went to see what events they were having around here. nothing. her campaign is non existent. i live just south of dc in a urban area as well. a hillary stronghold if you will.

so if she is going to be competitive here she is going to need to do very well in the feb 5th and feb 9th states.

How you've come to think that Hillary is far behind Obama, I can not tell. Me thinks you are a tad biased towards Obama.

MetatronM said:
Right. The problem I see, though, is that Hillary is the party's candidate. She is the establishment candidate. This cannot remain a "close race" and end with Obama winning the nomination. It simply will not happen. The superdelegates in Hillary's corner are not likely to jump ship unless Obama becomes the clear and obvious front-runner by a significant margin, and the only way he is going to do that is by winning in as many major states as possible among those that are realistically in play (and that includes California). If you're going to beat the establishment's candidate, there has to be a pretty clear and decisive mandate from voters. Obama does not have that...yet.

True, but Obama has managed to do one thing: He's almost become a second establishment candidate. He has been keeping pace with Hillary on superdelegate endorsements. Tthe only reason he is behind is from superdelegates that endorsed Hillary last year and before.

Also, "it's what all the guys on the news are all saying" is pretty much a worthless argument. They are selling you entertainment first, news second. It is in their best interest for the campaign between Hillary and Obama be a knock-down, drag-out, hard fought horse race right to the end, regardless of what the actual and most realistic scenario is in the long term. Especially considering there's a somewhat realistic possibility that the Republican race may be much much clearer and more straightforward after tomorrow (there's also a possibility it will remain as intense and close as the Dem side, but it's not quite a certain thing the way it is on the Dem side).

True. Watching CNN and MSNBC is not good support for one's argument

Lefty42o

Banned
MetatronM said:

your missing alot of the issues. right now you have big party guys swinging to obama. Kennedy anyone? so this party canidate does not make sense. she was the early front runner and was suppose to breeze thru the field. that didn't happen.

next theres like another 400 or so delegates available from feb 9th thru feb 12th. your totally missing those states obama is already heavily putting ads in while hillary can barely put ads in most of the super tuesday states.

but i aint going to continue to debate it. its all there laid out. hillary planned to have this thing wrapped up by feb 5th. obama was planning for a long battle. your still ignoring the money issue hillary has. obama is raising money more than 2 to 1. if that helps.

NewLib

Banned
Lefty42o said:
no he doesn't. he pretty much already has these states in the bag as long as hillary does not have a great showing and can really swing the presence obama has here.

once again since sitting here i have seen another obama ad. i have not seen any hillary ads. not 1.

the pressure is squarely on hillary. i am your eyes on the ground here in the beltway. i am telling you this is obama country right now. no question about it. she has so much ground to make up here. she can't afford to not have a good showing specially in states like califronia.

I know he is going to win the Beltway states, but if Hilary gets a decent lead going out of today the best he can hope is to tie her. The primaries after the Beltway states and before the process takes a two month break are either A) Small, B) Already firmly Hilary, or C) Ohio.

Lefty42o

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
How you've come to think that Hillary is far behind Obama, I can not tell. Me thinks you are a tad biased towards Obama.

no. cause i live here. the presence is down the street where there are signs every where with obama on it.

the amount of grassroots events going on all over the state.

the fact that you see a obama ad every 15 mins and its been like that for days. and have not seen not 1. not 1 hillary ad.

My mom a hillary supporter was shocked at how little events are organized by any supporters in the area. its dead here for hillary.

we just had obama at a rally before the debate last week 30 mins up the road. the day of the state if the union.

now i live here. please give my evidence of the contrary. show me what i am missing.

Lefty42o

Banned
NewLib said:
I know he is going to win the Beltway states, but if Hilary gets a decent lead going out of today the best he can hope is to tie her. The primaries after the Beltway states and before the process takes a two month break are either A) Small, B) Already firmly Hilary, or C) Ohio.

your still ignoring the money issue and the feb 9th states. which he also has ad buys in that hillary can't afford to advertise in. money issues.

thats why i said she needs, needs a strong showing tomm to get soem fund raising going to be able to make a push to get to that break where they can try to game plan to win the nom. so we see almost eye to eye but believe she is in trouble with money. a poor showing tomm could be the beginning of the end.

grandjedi6

Lefty42o said:
no. cause i live here. the presence is down the street where there are signs every where with obama on it.

the amount of grassroots events going on all over the state.

the fact that you see a obama ad every 15 mins and its been like that for days. and have not seen not 1. not 1 hillary ad.

My mom a hillary supporter was shocked at how little events are organized by any supporters in the area. its dead here for hillary.

we just had obama at a rally before the debate 30 mins up the road.

now i live here. please give my evidence of the contrary. show me what i am missing.

What you see in your Neighborhood is not good enough evidence that Obama is going to win the potamic states. I still say he has potential too. But you are very deluded if you think Obama has a clear advantage

Lefty42o

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
What you see in your Neighborhood is not good enough evidence that Obama is going to win the potamic states. I still say he has potential too. But you are very deluded if you think Obama has a clear advantage

no i travel all over the state for work and stuff.

next outside northern va its very rural and majority black. south of richmond would be similar to say south carolina in black white make up. dc majority black. maryland is a mix but still heavy black population/

you are deluded when you ignored half of my FACTS from here in va/dc area.

just turned the channel and saw another obama ad. i swear they are everywhere

NewLib

Banned
Lefty42o said:
your still ignoring the money issue and the feb 9th states. which he also has ad buys in that hillary can't afford to advertise in. money issues.

thats why i said she needs, needs a strong showing tomm to get soem fund raising going to be able to make a push to get to that break where they can try to game plan to win the nom. so we see almost eye to eye but believe she is in trouble with money. a poor showing tomm could be the beginning of the end.

Obviously a poor showing tomorrow is bad for her, but a poor showing tomorrow for Obama is just as bad. Obama may have all these funds, but the majority of the pledged delegates are gone after tomorrow. Gone. You give Hilary a sizeable lead coming out of today and its going to be a struggle to come back from that.

Now if they split tomorrow, it could go a lot of ways. Id assume Obama would win Louisiana on the 9th, but I havent seen polls for any of those states.

Lefty42o

Banned
NewLib said:
Obviously a poor showing tomorrow is bad for her, but a poor showing tomorrow for Obama is just as bad. Obama may have all these funds, but the majority of the pledged delegates are gone after tomorrow. Gone. You give Hilary a sizeable lead coming out of today and its going to be a struggle to come back from that.

Now if they split tomorrow, it could go a lot of ways. Id assume Obama would win Louisiana on the 9th, but I havent seen polls for any of those states.

no a split would not help her going into feb 9th and 12th imho. atleast here on the 12th

no over half of the pledged delegates are left after tomm. check your facts on that one.
grandjedi6 said:
Lefty42o, you probably have the worst case of Obamitis fanboyism that I've seen on this forum

why? casue i am telling you what i see here in my state? the presence i see. the ads. these are facts. everytime i saw an ad while siting here i told you.

thats not fanboyism thats reality

grandjedi6

Lefty42o said:
no a split would not help her going into feb 9th and 12th imho. atleast here on the 12th

why? casue i am telling you what i see here in my state? the presence i see. the ads. these are facts. everytime i saw an ad while siting here i told you.

thats not fanboyism thats reality

You are claiming that Hillary is at a disadvantage, which is kinda of ridiculous at this point. Anedoctal evidence on what you see in your state is not good enough to make that claim. I never see any Obama ads in Illinois, yet he is still going to win Illinois by a landslide

Lefty42o

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
You are claiming that Hillary is at a disadvantage, which is kinda of ridiculous at this point. Anedoctal evidence on what you see in your state is not good enough to make that claim. I never see any Obama ads in Illinois, yet he is still going to win Illinois by a landslide

Anedoctal?

so the lack of her campaign to have any real events in the area at all?
the lack of advertising?

she is at a disadvantage, she has slipped in every poll all over the country. she had double digit leads in many states all gone now. she is running low on money. she was out done over 2 to 1 by obama in jan. hillary has alot less donors who give more money per person and most of those contributors to her campaign are already maxed out.

yes she is at a disadvantage and the pressure is on her for a strong showing today.

NewLib

Banned
The Beltway states, while important, dont mean as much as you think they do. To just put it perspective, all three added up dont comes close to the amount of delegates New York has by itself.

Hell, after Super Tuesday there are only 70 more delegates available in February than the State of California has. After today, over 60% of pledged delegates are gone. Any lead beyond a few tens is going to become increasingly harder to overcome. Even if Hilary wins a delegate proportion of 52-48 (very reasonable), thats a 75 delegate gain. Obama would have to destroy her in the rest of February just to erase that.

My point isnt that Obama has no chance, but that neither candidate can afford to lose today by anything but the slimmest of margins.

grandjedi6

Lefty42o said:
Anedoctal?

so the lack of her campaign to have any real events in the area at all?
the lack of advertising?

she is at a disadvantage, she has slipped in every poll all over the country. she had double digit leads in many states all gone now. she is running low on money. she was out done over 2 to 1 by obama in jan. hillary has alot less donors who give more money per person and most of those contributors to her campaign are already maxed out.

yes she is at a disadvantage and the pressure is on her for a strong showing today.

THat is due to Obama gaining, not Hillary losing.

And Hillary is not running out of money. She still has plenty of cash and actually out raised Obama in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Lefty42o

Banned
here

events with in 50 miles of my home planned by supporters of hillary
http://www.hillaryclinton.com/actioncenter/event/?mt=0&d=50&z=22401&s=z&EventSearchAndResults%3A_ctl0.x=38&EventSearchAndResults%3A_ctl0.y=15

7 events. only 1, the one my mom is doing to drive out the voters, with in 20 miles.

now obama

51 events found

http://my.barackobama.com/page/event/search_results?type=simple&orderby=zip_radius&zip_radius%5b0%5d=22401&zip_radius%5b1%5d=50&radius_unit=miles%3Cbr%20/%3E%20Max%20radius:%20250%20miles

and i live in the urban area more favored to hillary. any further south and its much more rural and more skewed to the black vote.

these are called facts

grandjedi6 said:
THat is due to Obama gaining, not Hillary losing.

And Hillary is not running out of money. She still has plenty of cash and actually out raised Obama in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

of last year. and she was almost bankrupt after iowa remember? than he out did here 2 to 1 in jan. come on now your just ignoring facts

grandjedi6

Ok. Obama has more events, so? Events don't guarentee an Obama win. And future events certainly don't guarentee a disadvantage for Hillary now.

And Hillary is not running out of money, the campaign has plenty to go around still and she is still bringing in more

Lefty42o

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Ok. Obama has more events, so? Events don't guarentee an Obama win. And future events certainly don't guarentee a disadvantage for Hillary now.

And Hillary is not running out of money, the campaign has plenty to go around still and she is still bringing in more

these are supporter run events. 128 to 17? yeah thats a disadvantage.

and i suggest you do a lil research. yes she is hurting for cash.

i keep giving you facts and your ignoring them. now who is biased?

Lefty42o

Banned
facts. just the facts

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1701153,00.html

With momentum against her and a battle plan that appears to be staking everything on the big and expensive states like New York and California, which hold their primaries on February 5, Clinton's campaign is putting new pressure on its fund raisers to come up with the cash she will need to carry her through. "Clearly, by every measure, I hear they are in a real financial crunch," says one prominent fund raiser. "Here's the dilemma: You have a situation where there clearly is a full-court press to raise more money, but considering the state of decline of the campaign, there's a real question of whether people are going to want to give. It's more than just raising money; you've got to give people a sense of potential."

and in jan she raised 13 million. obama 32 million. in super tuesday states they spent over 20 million combined on ads alone. not including everything else a campaign needs to run.

yes she is hurting again after super tuesday and needs a good showing to generate new donors to get more cash cause alot of her donors have now hit the max.

grandjedi6

Lefty42o said:
these are supporter run events. 128 to 17? yeah thats a disadvantage.

and i suggest you do a lil research. yes she is hurting for cash.

i keep giving you facts and your ignoring them. now who is biased?

You keep giving me meaningless facts. Obama having more events in Virginia does not mean Hillary is at a disadvantage after Super Tuesday.

Hillary's campaign has enough money on hand they say:
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0208/Clintons_January_135_million.html#comments and I think Hillary has the connections to get more if she needs it. She isn't like Huckabee who can't even pay his staff anymore.

EDIT: I'm heading out, I'll let morning GAF finish this arguement

Lefty42o

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
You keep giving me meaningless facts. Obama having more events in Virginia does not mean Hillary is at a disadvantage after Super Tuesday.

Hillary's campaign has enough money on hand they say:
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0208/Clintons_January_135_million.html#comments and I think Hillary has the connections to get more if she needs it. She isn't like Huckabee who can't even pay his staff anymore.

EDIT: I'm heading out, I'll let morning GAF finish this arguement

more facts. this from sunday

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/al-giordano/its-clinton-that-is-runn_b_84705.html

the Clinton organization may find itself needing to rev things up just as its tank runs out of financial gas. Clinton needs a convincing win on Tuesday -- say, a margin of 200 delegates or more -- or her fundraising is going to dry up. A Wednesday morning story about a "narrow victory" or "virtual tie" won't replenish her bank account sufficiently. The PACs and DC lobbyists have already maxed out. New donors won't come forward without major momentum. And she doesn't have a big enough base of small donors to sustain the high "burn rate" of a campaign top-heavy with highly paid consultants and staff.

and no they are meaning less cause your ignoring them and saying they are. when she has only 17 events planned from her supporters compared to 128 for obama its a clear indication that obama has a strong support compared to hillary. and that was my original argument about whats going on here in the feb 12th states.
next of course hillary and her camp will try to deny any issues. appearance is key. if supporters see she is in big trouble they will pull support early before she can turn things around like she did in new hampshire. she needs a big win not a tie today or she is in big trouble.

Amir0x

Banned
Well today's the day... wishing for big things for Obama, setting my expectations modestly at keeping the delegate count close. Go Obama!

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I'm sick, haven't slept for 36 hours, but I'll be getting out in the rain this morning to vote for Obama in the least Obama-friendly state on Super Tuesday...

Cheebs

Goreomedy said:
I'm sick, haven't slept for 36 hours, but I'll be getting out in the rain this morning to vote for Obama in the least Obama-friendly state on Super Tuesday...
Which one? New York or Arkansas?

harSon

Banned
I might not be able to vote... I woke up at 2 in the morning sick as a horse. My stomach is cramped badly and I feel like I have to throw up. Hopefully I vomit a few times before the days over :/

Rur0ni

harSon said:
I might not be able to vote... I woke up at 2 in the morning sick as a horse. My stomach is cramped badly and I feel like I have to throw up. Hopefully I vomit a few times before the days over :/
No excuses sonny.

harSon

Banned
Goreomedy said:
Oklahoma.

And Harson, sounds like what I have.

I should have eaten fast food last night... I haven't had anything to greasy for months, McDonalds is not agreeing with my stomach at all.

Rur0ni

BTW, I already voted. Was a diebold machine with some smart card trickery. Simple touch screen, with list of candidates.

I wonder which way the party will swing if the delegate count remains as close as it now. Hillary had the lions share of establishment support when she was the inevitable candidate last year, but things have changed, and while she still probably has the majority of that support, Obama is making some headway on her in terms of superdelegates and support within the party. Of course, Hillary is the front runner, but the pressure is still very much on her today... and tomorrow - if she can't crush Obama in delegate numbers.

avaya

harSon said:
I should have eaten fast food last night... I haven't had anything to greasy for months, McDonalds is not agreeing with my stomach at all.

How far is the polling place?

CA is so tight man! Every vote will make a difference! Nothing should stop you.

nerbo

It's Super Billary Day!

I hope she has a clear enough win today that Democrats can quit wasting time and money in-fighting and start concentrating on McCain instead.

Rur0ni

nerbo said:
It's Super Billary Day!

I hope she has a clear enough win today that Democrats can quit wasting time and money in-fighting and start concentrating on McCain instead.
I'm actually waiting on McCain to blow Romney out, so that the rest of the states will vote Obama and shut the Clinton nonsense up. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom