• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Super Tuesday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
One vote for Obama in NJ submit.

For what it's worth, at my polling location there were roughly 5-7 people who came in after me who were all Democrats (not so much a surprise I suppose).

My polling locations attendants were giving me shit for not having voted since the last general election.

"I've been here for 42 years and I've only missed ONE primary election, son!"

My stance on old people has not changed. Rights should be removed cause they are all borderline insane and have way too much influence on the country.

GO OBAMA!

Rur0ni

RubxQub said:
One vote for Obama in NJ submit.

For what it's worth, at my polling location there were roughly 5-7 people who came in after me who were all Democrats (not so much a surprise I suppose).

My polling locations attendants were giving me shit for not having voted since the last general election.

"I've been here for 42 years and I've only missed ONE primary election, son!"

My stance on old people has not changed. Rights should be removed cause they are all borderline insane and have way too much influence on the country.

GO OBAMA!
My polling place seemed warm to see a young face. :p

One Georgia vote for Dr. Paul submitted.

The rest of you cheese heads threw your vote away... straight into the gaping maw of The Machine™.

Cheebs

Mango Positive said:

The rest of you cheese heads threw your vote away... straight into the gaping maw of The Machine™.
No, you are the one who threw your vote away. Ron Paul's tiny group of devotees basically have all but abandoned him for Obama at this point.

Cheebs

harSon said:
I should have eaten fast food last night... I haven't had anything to greasy for months, McDonalds is not agreeing with my stomach at all.
Show up and vote while throwing up if you have to. Don't you live in Cali? If he loses by like 1% you'll hate yourself forever for not going.

gkryhewy

woeds said:
Did anyone see Hillary on letterman yesterday? Yesterday, I read about some last-minute media 'stunt' that she would be doing, was this it?

No, that was the crying - she's such a tool.

Reuters sees big Obama Cali lead in final poll before voting today:
http://www.reuters.com/article/topN...?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true

In California, which alone provides more than one-fifth of the Democratic delegates needed for the nomination, Obama led Clinton by 49 percent to 36 percent, the poll found. The margin of error was 3.3 percentage points.

Clinton pulled into a 5-point lead in New Jersey, 46 percent to 41 percent, after being tied on Monday. Obama held a 45 percent to 42 percent edge on Clinton in Missouri. Both polls had a margin of error of 3.4 percentage points.

Rur0ni

Mango Positive said:

wat

Paul has lost my friend. It is you who threw it away. Though I can potentially respect someone who votes for another candidate, to submit their voice. Rather than someone who complains yet didn't vote at all.

Showering, then heading out to rally in the streets with signs and whatnot. Good luck everyone and remember to get out and vote.

Cheebs

My question is why did the media hype the crying thing again? They played it 3 times on hardball last night and nearly every 15 minutes on CNN.

RubxQub

Cheebs said:
My question is why did the media hype the crying thing again? They played it 3 times on hardball last night and nearly every 15 minutes on CNN.
Because it's a transparent campaign tactic that has major affect on the polls?

Rur0ni said:
wat

Paul has lost my friend. It is you who threw it away. Though I can potentially respect someone who votes for another candidate, to submit their voice. Rather than someone who complains yet didn't vote at all.

The Machine™ thanks you for your help in maintaining the status quo.

"Change"... LOL!

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Mango Positive said:
The Machine™ thanks you for your help in maintaining the status quo.

"Change"... LOL!

I was handed a Ron Paul flyer in Chicago where, on the top of one side, was a photo of Paul with Ronald Reagan on Air Force One, grinning like an idiot.

For someone who hates the machine so much, he seemed to be enjoying the perks.

Makes me miss Ralph Nader.

EMBee99 said:
I was handed a Ron Paul flyer in Chicago where, on the top of one side, was a photo of Paul with Ronald Reagan on Air Force One, grinning like an idiot.

For someone who hates the machine so much, he seemed to be enjoying the perks.

Makes me miss Ralph Nader.

Conservatives used to be conservative. Reagan was a good president. If Ron Paul were up there with Bush "CIA" Senior, you'd have a point.

Tom_Cody

I am registered independent and NY is a closed primary. I tried to align myself with a party in January, but they told me I needed to do it last October. :(

Rur0ni

Tom_Cody said:
I am registered independent and NY is a closed primary. I tried to align myself with a party in January, but they told me I needed to do it last October. :(
Stuff like this is lame.

Eric P

shaft said:
GO OBAMA (or any other democrat, as long it isn't a republican who will destroy your country even more)

hey, i'll have you know a democrat can fuck the world up just as well as an american

Eric P said:
you must be young and white

Sure, because all of the older minorities know all about the brown baby barbecues he held on the Whitehouse lawn, am I right?

Fail, but thanks for playing.

Change! Obama and Hillary are going to CHANGE things! YAY for Deomocrats! Yay for fake crying! Yay for making idiots think that the ability to deliver a poignant speech (written by someone else) will translate into a golden era of enlightenment!

Cheebs

Mango Positive said:
Sure, because all of the older minorities know all about the brown baby barbecues he held on the Whitehouse lawn, am I right?

Fail, but thanks for playing.

Change! Obama and Hillary are going to CHANGE things! YAY for Deomocrats! Yay for fake crying! Yay for making idiots think that the ability to deliver a poignant speech (written by someone else) will translate into a golden era of enlightenment!
All your fellow Ron Paul fans have ran away to Obama over the last month. Stop being bitter about it.

Lefty42o

Banned
Tim the Wiz said:
I wonder which way the party will swing if the delegate count remains as close as it now. Hillary had the lions share of establishment support when she was the inevitable candidate last year, but things have changed, and while she still probably has the majority of that support, Obama is making some headway on her in terms of superdelegates and support within the party. Of course, Hillary is the front runner, but the pressure is still very much on her today... and tomorrow - if she can't crush Obama in delegate numbers.

its not about the party right now. The thing is hillary needs a good showing cause she needs money. so you are right that the pressure today to do well is clearly on hillary.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/al-gio...n_b_84705.html

the Clinton organization may find itself needing to rev things up just as its tank runs out of financial gas. Clinton needs a convincing win on Tuesday -- say, a margin of 200 delegates or more -- or her fundraising is going to dry up. A Wednesday morning story about a "narrow victory" or "virtual tie" won't replenish her bank account sufficiently. The PACs and DC lobbyists have already maxed out. New donors won't come forward without major momentum. And she doesn't have a big enough base of small donors to sustain the high "burn rate" of a campaign top-heavy with highly paid consultants and staff.

Eric P

Mango Positive said:
Yay for making idiots think that the ability to deliver a poignant speech (written by someone else) will translate into a golden era of enlightenment!

Conservatives used to be conservative. Reagan was a good president.

the disconnect is so so so so so cute

aboo booo boo!

a boo boo boo!

i just wanna pinch your BADORABABLE WIDDLE CHEEKIES

YES I DO!

YES I DO!

Cheebs

jamesinclair said:
Hey guys, Im ready to go waste my vote on Ron paul.

Winner takes all FTL
what the fuck? you live in a SWING state where Obama and Hillary are tied. Why waste a vote?!!? The dem side is not winner take all

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
i've been on the phones all morning to mass and nj. i'll move to cali later in the day. for those with time, obama has a get out the vote section of his website where you can make outbound calls reminding people to vote, tell them where their polling place is and make a last second plea for obamamania.

Lefty42o

Banned
StoOgE said:
i've been on the phones all morning to mass and nj. i'll move to cali later in the day. for those with time, obama has a get out the vote section of his website where you can make outbound calls reminding people to vote, tell them where their polling place is and make a last second plea for obamamania.

how is it?

are people receptive? i know these people signed up to be contacted so its not straight cold calling? lil review how its going be nice.

APF

Cheebs said:
All your fellow Ron Paul fans have ran away to Obama over the last month. Stop being bitter about it.
This makes so much sense and yet so little sense at the same time. I love politics.

Oh, and if harSon doesn't vote after all this, he's the biggest douche on the face of the planet. GO AND VOTE. You've been vomiting bullshit for weeks, you should be used to puking by now.

Cheebs

APF said:
This makes so much sense and yet so little sense at the same time. I love politics.
College aged kids who just discover politics go with whoever they are told is cool pretty much.

Also if Harson does not vote he is not allowed to complain if/when hillary wins.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Lefty42o said:
how is it?

are people receptive? i know these people signed up to be contacted so its not straight cold calling? lil review how its going be nice.

most have been nice, im also not hard selling, im just reminding them where to go what to bring, then i'll ask them if they know who they are voting for. if its clinton i ask why then make a small plea for obama and thank them for their time. if its an undecided i'll spend a few minutes going over what they consider priority issues and make a harder sale. since they aren't voting right then or there you really have to kill them with kindness and leave a good last impression for when they walk in the booth... i'm also playing up my texas accent, people in the NE eat it up.

Shawn128

Cheebs said:
College aged kids who just discover politics go with whoever they are told is cool pretty much.

Also if Harson does not vote he is not allowed to complain if/when hillary wins.

I wouldn't go so far. I know plenty of college students who are voting for various candidates that they all took the time to research fully.

Please don't stereotype us.

Lefty42o

Banned
StoOgE said:
most have been nice, im also not hard selling, im just reminding them where to go what to bring, then i'll ask them if they know who they are voting for. if its clinton i ask why then make a small plea for obama and thank them for their time. if its an undecided i'll spend a few minutes going over what they consider priority issues and make a harder sale. since they aren't voting right then or there you really have to kill them with kindness and leave a good last impression for when they walk in the booth... i'm also playing up my texas accent, people in the NE eat it up.

good stuff man. its people like this that have made this campaign more than a fairy tale.

i might have to jump on there and see if i can't make a few calls myself.

"YES WE CAN"

Cheebs

Shawn128 said:
I wouldn't go so far. I know plenty of college students who are voting for various candidates that they all took the time to research fully.

Please don't stereotype us.
I say this because I am one. I dont know anyone in college who doesnt support obama, and I doubt a single one know any of his policies.

RubxQub

Cheebs said:
I say this because I am one. I dont know anyone in college who doesnt support obama, and I doubt a single one know any of his policies.
There is probably some truth in your statement, but I wouldn't go as far as to stereotype college students in general.

FIRED UP!!!

this was the first time voting felt so good

raing here i got wet but did not matter

OBAMA was the first name on the paper ballot they gave me here in CT

Kucinich whatever was the name below that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom