• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD: Dark Souls - Prepare to Die will be $20 starting Sunday (10/28)

dani_dc

Not the fix, I know that takes minutes, if that. The patience for going through the first few areas all over again like I did in the 360 version(which took forever to do!).

Go for the master key
and skip all of that minus the fight with the Gargoyle and Quelaag!
The game is much faster to tackle in a second run and especially with the master key.

WE HAVE TO GO BACK!

ibt3Yk5KK0MfGo.gif

On second thought...
Haha, so good...

Even though my backlog is ungodly I think I'm going to pick this up tomorrow and give my PS3 copy to one of my brothers.

dsk1210

You have to snap this up at that price if you have not done already, it is without a doubt one of the best games ever made, when it sucks you in, it sucks you in, you will be thinking about this game while you are not even playing it.

People seem to think it is extremely hard, thats not really the case, you just have to be patient and methodical, I personally think everyone should experience this game, and huge plaudits to Durante and the other dude for making this the best version of the game by far.

Ps. use a 360 controller. ;)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Meaning 3AM Eastern? How fast you think keys will run out?

Yes and probably won't? The Square pack was the best selling thing that Amazon has ever sold. I don't think 50% off for Dark Souls is that high demand, but I'm probably very wrong

Type2

Picking this one up for sure and devoting a good bit of my Sunday to Dark Souls =]

Thanks to the OP for spotting this deal!

That's just $5 more expensive than the DLC on consoles.

Still, though, the online community on the PC is pretty skimpy compared to that of consoles. I can't super heartily recommend the PC version for that reason alone, as the online portion is such a huge part of the game IMO.

EDIT: Derp. You JUST said it was $5 more on the OP <_<

That's THE reason to ignore the console version, we need more PC players :).

Edit: Awesome shot Durante!

Man

I'm just at that point right now.
First attempt: Died like a bitch.
Second attempt: Figured I had to
hit the crystal to prevent regen.
. Died like a bitch at his feet/tentacles.
Third attempt: Getting better at avoiding feet and dealing some damage but he got to me with his crystal-carpet attack. Died like a bitch.

Iztli

I found Demon Souls very boring since it had little to no story just all exploring. Is dark souls any better on that front? I still signed the petition back then since PC needs more games like this.

Good price but im not hardcore enough for this game. Will pass :(

Man, you really should consider giving it a try. I'm far, far from a hardcore gamer and this is my game of the generation by a long shot. It took me like 6 months to play through it and during that time I didn't touch another game, just knocked off a couple of hours of this a week and loved every minute of it. Yeah, it can seem a bit punishing, but really only at the start. I have no appreciable gaming skills, and I really only got stuck for a couple of trys at a few points and for like one hour at two specific bosses, my progress was pretty steady overall. The thing is, it's a teaching tool disguised as a game. You don't need tons of time invested, lighting fast reflexes or anything like that, you just have to be willing to learn, and accept that part of that learning will by repeatedly dying a few times.

Though I will admit that I'm not sure if I would say the same trying to play it totally raw. What I did was poke around for 30 min or so at any new section, and then consult around online when I would start to get stuck. I can see it being interesting playing and never seeking help, but that was too much for me.

Forkball

I expected to hate this game but I ended up really liking it. It's not perfect and you WILL be frustrated, but the game is actually pretty fair in its difficulty and you will find that you can breeze through areas with ease once you know what to do.

longdi

Banned
Played a bit of demon soul before my ps3 ylod, so how is this game?
I found demon soul control's clunky and the world claustrophobic.
$20 now or wait for steam sales?

Jawmuncher

I found Demon Souls very boring since it had little to no story just all exploring. Is dark souls any better on that front? I still signed the petition back then since PC needs more games like this.

Its slightly more so, but I don't see you liking this game for it's story.
It's still all about the exploring and overcoming the challenge.

chiablo

Played a bit of demon soul before my ps3 ylod, so how is this game?
I found demon soul control's clunky and the world claustrophobic.
$20 now or wait for steam sales?

I doubt it will be any cheaper during the Holiday sale. It'll probably be $15 next summer.

I didn't like Demons Souls, but I absolutely love Dark Souls.

Ratrat

Anyone willing to buy me a code? Will PayPal the money in advance. was going to just buy the dlc on ps3 but I REALLY want to see this in 1080p!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Anyone willing to buy me a code? Will PayPal the money in advance. was going to just buy the dlc on ps3 but I REALLY want to see this in 1080p!

Why not just buy yourself? You should be able to buy using a random US address if you're not in the US of A

Top Bottom