• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PC/PSN/XBLA) - May 1st 2013 (Michael Biehn included?)

duckroll

T8BAvPS.jpg

XBLA site: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...d-Dragon/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584113bf
"Official" site: http://fc3blooddragon.uk.ubi.com/index.php

Note: The game is rated for PC/PS3/360 in various regions, and exists on the Steam registry, it is not a XBLA exclusive.

Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon is THE Kick-Ass Cyber Shooter taking place on a bizarre open-world island crawling with evil. Welcome to an 80’s VHS vision of the future. The year is 2007 and you are Sargent Rex Colt, a Mark IV Cyber Commando who’s fighting against a cyborg army gone rogue. Your mission: get the girl, kill the baddies, and save the world. Experience every cliché of a VHS era vision of a nuclear future, where cyborgs, blood dragons, mutants, and Michael Biehn (Terminator, Aliens, Navy Seals) collide. Playing Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon doesn't require a copy of Far Cry® 3.

ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE: 5/1/2013
DEVELOPER: Ubisoft
PUBLISHER: Ubisoft
GENRE: Shooter
FEATURES: Dolby Digital
ONLINE FEATURES: Leaderboards

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I seriously think it's physically impossible for me to be more excited for this game. I have never played a Far Cry game (nor do I have any interest), but this standalone DLC looks amazing.

Derrick01

Banned
Sooo is it just another shooter but with a different color scheme/art style? I can't really tell the difference in the screens.

So is it still an open world design or is it linear? I'm guessing since it's an XBLA downloadable game, it will be linear and pretty short. But I hope I'm wrong, because this concept is amazing and has the potential to be severely awesome.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care if it ends up being some generic shooter. It is pretty and 80s and I want it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm guessing this content is accessed by interacting with the mushrooms in Dr. Earnhardt's cave.

duckroll

So is it still an open world design or is it linear? I'm guessing since it's an XBLA downloadable game, it will be linear and pretty short. But I hope I'm wrong, because this concept is amazing and has the potential to be severely awesome.

Still open world, I have bolded more things in the OP so people might notice. :p

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Sooo is it just another shooter but with a different color scheme/art style? I can't really tell the difference in the screens.

Man, it's like every thread I go into now has you shitting on the game either directly or passive-agressively. Is there anything you like? It's based on Far CRy 3, of course it's a shooter.

Anywho, this looks cool. Glad Ubi is trying some weird, alternate universe stuff with their DLC of late.

Derrick01

Banned
Man, it's like every thread I go into now has you shitting on the game either directly or passive-agressively. Is there anything you like? It's based on Far CRy 3, of course it's a shooter.

Anywho, this looks cool. Glad Ubi is trying some weird, alternate universe stuff with their DLC of late.

It was a legit question as I don't know anything about it except what I see in those screens. My question was serious, if it's just the same old but with a different style then I don't get the point.

Still open world, I have bolded more things in the OP so people might notice. :p

That's awesome! I'm sure the island will be much smaller than the FC3 world, but that also means there could be more awesomeness packed into each and every square foot! I wonder if there will be wildlife (besides blood dragons)?

kuYuri

This makes me wonder why it's even called Far Cry 3. Why not just Blood Dragon? There has to be a story behind this.

I am saying this not having played FC3 yet.

Top Bottom