• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 4 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
9xcinpQ.jpg

Season 4 of Homeland premieres Sunday, October 5th on Showtime with a double episode. The season will consist of 12 episodes.

Showtime said:
As last season drew to a close Carrie, pregnant with the late Brody's (Damian Lewis) baby, got promoted to a new post overseas, while Saul Berenson (Emmy and Tony(r) Award winner Mandy Patinkin) contemplated his future outside of the CIA. Season four will find Carrie assigned to one of the most volatile and dangerous CIA stations in the Middle East where she is back on the front lines in the war on terror. Along with Danes and Patinkin, Emmy nominee Rupert Friend will return for season four, along with Nazanin Boniadi and Laila Robins who will both be series regulars. Produced by Fox 21, the series was developed for American television by Alex Gansa and Howard Gordon, and based on the original Israeli series Prisoners of War by Gideon Raff. Along with Gansa, Gordon and Raff, the executive producers for season four are Alexander Cary, Chip Johannessen, Meredith Stiehm, Avi Nir and Ran Telem.

Cast:
Main cast:
Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison
Rupert Friend as Peter Quinn
Mandy Patinkin as Saul Berenson
Tracy Letts as Andrew Lockhart
Sarita Choudhury as Mira Berenson
F. Murray Abraham as Dar Adal
Nazanin Boniadi as Fara Sherazi
Laila Robins as Martha Boyd​
Recurring cast:
David Marciano as Virgil
Amy Hargreaves as Maggie Mathison
Corey Stoll as Sandy Bachman
Suraj Sharma as Aayan Ibrahim
Mark Moses as Dennis
Nimrat Kaur as Tasleem Qureshi
Raza Jaffrey as Aasar Khan
Michael O'Keefe as John Redmond
Art Malik as Bunran "Bunny" Latif​
Casting and production news:
Videos: (please spoiler tag discussion as appropriate)

Posters:

If there are any errors or omissions in the OP, please let me know. I threw this together quickly since the season is about to start and no one else wanted the OT.

EDIT:

Homeland is now 100% Brody free:

1zrNPhg.jpg

Dany

Banned
I hope this is the best season, considering that

NO BRODYS THIS SEASON

NO BRODYS THIS SEASON

NO BRODYS THIS SEASON

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'll be watching. No Dana makes this season better already. Thanks for the OT Cornballer.

A few reviews:

- THR review
For the current version of Homeland, action scenes rapidly intercut with political ruthlessness look to be exactly what the show needs to sustain its worthiness.

The Bottom Line: The series is back in leaner, smarter, more action-packed form
- Slant Magazine
New characters open up intriguing new avenues to investigate Carrie's ability to operate effectively. 3 out of 4 stars
- Andy Greenwald for Grantland: Can ‘Homeland’ Outrun Its Past?
The intense serialization of contemporary TV is generally celebrated as a good thing. The intricacy and depth possible only through long-form storytelling is perhaps the greatest advantage television has over other forms of entertainment, a key reason you read articles like this, and why I’m paid to write them. Yet watching Homeland attempt to take flight in its fourth season, only to be dragged down by the heavy albatross of the past three, makes me wish there were a different way.
- Variety review
Meet the new, improved “Homeland.” After two disappointing seasons, the Showtime series’ dramatic culmination of its original story has shifted the focus squarely onto Claire Danes’ complex CIA operative, and simultaneously allowed the producers to shed more irritating elements (see Brody, Dana). What emerges, then, in a two-episode premiere and subsequent hour is a show that lacks the initial kick the program delivered, but plays like a smart, spare thriller — “24,” without the James Bond-style super-heroics. “Homeland” might never be a truly great series again, but if it stays on this path it will be an eminently watchable one.

Major potential spoilers

Brody is still somehow alive in this right? I mean, he was pictured on set recently. Could be a flashback but I also have a friend who went for a casting/audition and was told he's not dead. I can't remember how she found out exactly but I dunno, I wouldn't be too surprised.

Major potential spoilers

Brody is still somehow alive in this right? I mean, he was pictured on set recently. Could be a flashback but I also have a friend who went for a casting/audition and was told he's not dead. I can't remember how she found out exactly but I dunno, I wouldn't be too surprised.

Please don't be true please don't be true

Dany

Banned
Major potential spoilers

tumblr_mdpwhbotLl1qcd7cjo1_500.gif

God dammit.

Amir0x

Banned
Major potential spoilers

if that's even remotely true and it's not
just one or two lame flashbacks
I'm truly done with the show

Ingeniero

Major potential spoilers

Well FUCK.

Please nooo.

Allforce

I felt like this show neatly wrapped up after Season 3, which was a nice surprise after the dreadful Season 2.

I have no idea what angle they're going with now, but this feels like a typical Showtime "drive it into the ground forever and ever" situation.

Major potential spoilers

I demand Ghost Brody as Carrie's secret adviser.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
having accepted the show isn't really how it was in S1 anymore, I'm ready for this. I smell a great season

Averon

Major potential spoilers

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Given the horrible slide this show has been in since after S1, I can see this happening.
Are writers who wrote the final seasons of Dexter on staff?

Not reading that spoiler but seeing all your reactions on it does not boot well :(.
A real bummer.

Thanks for making the thread Cornballer great work as always :)

Tucah

you speak so well
Major potential spoilers

the-office-14.gif

Frost_Ace

Major potential spoilers

LMAO, please be true, It'll be worth it just to hear Sepinwall and Greenwald's reaction.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's weird to see the critics thrash season 3 so heavily when the horrible season 2 was so so so much worse and yet was heaped with praise. I thought season 3 was a pretty good improvement over 2 so I'm looking forward to 4 with a renewed sense of excitement, especially since the Brody's are gone.

Arcteryx

Major potential spoilers

I wouldn't doubt it.

@ OP: please change the thread title if they do do that, because I want to be alerted to the hilarity that will ensue.

For me, the show ended with S1 and Carrie is off in some psych ward rambling while the world burns.

Tugatrix

Major potential spoilers

well...
Bipolar people on a maniac phase can hallucinate, crazy Carrie confirmed...oh come on

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'll be watching. The question is whether I'll be enjoying it or if it'll be a masochistic exercise.

The fact that the writers believe Carrie was shown to be an effective and successful agent last season doesn't fill me with optimism, no matter how many other elements of the show have been discarded. If that's their vision of Carrie... ugh.

It's weird to see the critics thrash season 3 so heavily when the horrible season 2 was so so so much worse and yet was heaped with praise. I thought season 3 was a pretty good improvement over 2 so I'm looking forward to 4 with a renewed sense of excitement, especially since the Brody's are gone.

I honestly think that a lot of the season 3 bashing from critics was a delayed reaction after they cut season 2 so much slack.

Personally, outside of the back half of season 2 I've always found the show to be pretty damn good. And even season 2 had some great episodes like Q&A in its first half.

ZenaxPure

This is like every review for everything with sequels ever. It's one of the reasons I don't care about reviews for anything.

Also I have not kept up with this show at all since the S3 finale, is this sort of like a reboot? I guess reboot isn't the right word: Are they actually starting a new storyline that doesn't have any real ties to the past stuff? I think a fresh story not tied to Brody would do wonders for this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom