• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Veep - Season 4 - Presented by Vitamin J - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This probably means nothing, but I'm going to hide it. Regarding next season.

Production is relocating to California for next season.Probably only a money thing, but interesting nonetheless. (source)

Megasoum

Banned
I knew I've seen that guy somewhere before! (taken from the Sleeping with twins thread)

5hHy4i1YoiyIw.gif

Apt101

I have to admit, when I build up a backlog on HBO Now, I watch this before Game of Thrones. It just keeps getting better.

Hazmat

This was a fun episode. It feels like we haven't seen much of Selina lately though, which bums me out because JLD always kills it.

It took me about half the episode to recognize the congresswoman on the right as Kima's girl Cheryl from The Wire. It was bugging me every time they showed her.

neshcom

Banned
Some funny moments. For once, it totally felt like being an outsider in that universe. Didn't seem terribly interesting since half of the humor is them being incompetent behind closed doors, but it was unique. Loved the rapid fire list of names for Jonah and the surprising amount of charisma in Ann(?).

thought it was great, a nice glimpse of all of these fools as seen through the eyes of the senate committee

also "he's a 12 year old boy trapped in the body of a 12 year old girl" is a beautiful insult, armando iannucci will be sorely missed.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Even the girl who was fired came out with some great lines:

"The drama queen in me likes to say I got sacrificed on easter"

"I'm a firm believer in the right to privacy and paradoxically I don't care who know's it"

or something along those lines. I'll have to watch it again when it is on.

jey_16

Banned
i thought it was one of the best of the season....laughed so much.

Wonder what the end game is this season....

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Dans face when Jonah said he was a 5.5 had me howling

Peru

Amazing episode. Everyone brought out the funny

“Jraq, Jizzy Gillespie, Jack and the Giant Jackoff, Gaylien, Tinkerballs, Wadzilla, One Erection”
“The Pointless Giant, The 60 Foot Virgin, Jimpanzee, Jonah Ono, Hagrid’s Nutsack, Scrotum Pole, Transgenderformers, 12 Years a Slave to Jerking Off, Benedict CumInHisOwnHand, Guyscraper, The Cloud Botherer, Supercalifragilisticexbialidickcheese, Teenage Mutant Ninja Asshole, Spewbacca”

BigAT

Ben's annoyed and perplexed reactions to their questions were one of my favorite parts of the episode. Especially when he was angry at how naïve they were being.

rtcn63

It's been awhile since the first episode but...
do they know who's responsible for the data breach? Canonically. If not, could it have been the daughter's fiance?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Amazing episode. Everyone brought out the funny

“Jraq, Jizzy Gillespie, Jack and the Giant Jackoff, Gaylien, Tinkerballs, Wadzilla, One Erection”
“The Pointless Giant, The 60 Foot Virgin, Jimpanzee, Jonah Ono, Hagrid’s Nutsack, Scrotum Pole, Transgenderformers, 12 Years a Slave to Jerking Off, Benedict CumInHisOwnHand, Guyscraper, The Cloud Botherer, Supercalifragilisticexbialidickcheese, Teenage Mutant Ninja Asshole, Spewbacca”
I completely lost it from Hagrid’s Nutsack onwards, I was in tears.

Dan

It's been awhile since the first episode but...
do they know who's responsible for the data breach? Canonically. If not, could it have been the daughter's fiance?
No need to spoiler it.

I don't think so... didn't they indicate it wasn't something deliberate? Just some lowly fool copied some files into the wrong folder or something like that? I thought they explained away the originating action a couple episodes ago as a more-or-less bureaucratic snafu, basically the inevitable screwup when you have a co-mingling of campaign and White House operations.

Dan

Ah, so the targeting using the information from the breach was unintentional?
I think the use of the information for targeting bereaved parents was intentional, but that those campaign operatives didn't realize they were getting that information from a database they shouldn't have access to. Someone, somewhere in the campaign definitely made a conscious, disgusting choice to target bereaved parents. I don't think we know specifically who that was. The criminal element comes from the source of that information unwittingly being federal medical records.

That's been my working understanding.

Aiii

So not worth it
This might just be my favorite Veep episode ever. Laughed so hard at pretty much every character in this episode, so much good stuff.

I wonder how many takes it took to get through that list of Jonah insults. I was in tears at that.

Ben has become my new favourite after this episode. The only one to not try to weasel out of everything. He just didn't give a tuppenny fuck.

New002

I know this is about Season 4, but my GF and I just started watching this show and are nearing the end of Season 1 and it's fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom