• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Veep - Season 4 - Presented by Vitamin J - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.
IacjG3b.png

Veep is back for a 10-episode fourth season this Sunday. Starring the incomparable comedic talents of Emmy award winner Julia Louis-Dreyfus and a writing staff headed up by Armando Iannucci, Veep has been consistently hilarious since its inception. All of the regulars are back and Hugh Laurie will be appearing this season, as well.

VEEP launches its ten-episode fourth season SUNDAY, APRIL 12 (10:30-11:00 p.m.). Created by Armando Iannucci, this Emmy®-nominated series stars Emmy® winner Julia Louis-Dreyfus as former senator Selina Meyer, who became vice president, only to find the job was nothing like she expected, but everything she was warned about. The show also stars Emmy® winner Tony Hale, Anna Chlumsky, Matt Walsh, Reid Scott, Timothy C. Simons, Sufe Bradshaw and Kevin Dunn. Iannucci executive produces along with Christopher Godsick and Frank Rich

Videos
News
As promised, a bunch of Jonah gifs:
z2hnLqP.gif
1VTWV5q.gif

yGFIci8.gif
GNsDLbT.gif

FP1byyX.png

SO6hOx0.gif
u95J9uU.gif

TawP9Hi.gif

DPEfACJ.gif
KfL3XcZ.gif

I would've taken a crack at writing the whole thing from Jonah's perspective, but I didn't have time. If you have any gifs to add or want the thread title adjusted, just let me know. Daniwah!

Speaking of which! Here's ten insults directed at Jonah:

Selina (to Jonah): What are you laughing at, Jolly Green Jizz Face?
Ed: Jonah, you're not even a man, you're like an early draft of a man where they just sketched out a giant, mangled skeleton but they didn't have time to add details like pigment or self-respect. You're Frankenstein's monster if his monster was made entirely of dead d*cks.

Jonah: Look who it is. It's your favorite Jonah.
Mike: You're not even your mom's favorite Jonah, Jonah.

Mike: How many times have you talked to the president today?
Jonah: He actually spoke to me four times.
Mike: And in each of those, did he say, "Someone get this freak the f*ck away from me"?
'Mike (to Jonah): It was an accident. Much like when Big Foot got your mom pregnant, resulting in you.

Amy (to Jonah): I don't have time to ignore you.

Selina (to Jonah): Go sh*t yourself Long Tall Sally

Jonah: So you're saying that just because I'm not as close to POTUS as you thought I was, that means that we can't hang out anymore?
Dan: What I"m saying, you f*cking ape, is that you are a useless waste of f*cking carbon. I've been trying to cynically use you, but you're so f*cking low-rent, you can't even be exploited. Not to mention the fact any restaurant that serves anything in a f*ckload is not a nice restaurant.
Selina: Get off the plane. Get off the plane.
Jonah: Ma'am, we're taxiing.
Selina: I don't give a sh*t. GET THE F*CK OFF MY PLANE. Yeah. GET THE F*UCK OFF MY PLANE
Selina: I can't believe you put that on "Tumble"
Jonah: No...Tumblr.
Selina: STOP THE ENGINES!!
Mike (to Jonah): I redact your f*cking face

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Anyone know how long it takes for these shows to end up on Amazon/VUDU or other paid sites? (not Netflix but pay-per-episode)

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
NxA33G8.gif

All this Jonah love, yikes. Didn't realize he was popular, I can't stand the character. I keep hoping they'll write him off the show but he's here to stay it seems :(

The show is really good though. The funniest scene from season 3 was this imo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6vdvDFCBt0

LOL I was in tears. I think I read the laughing was real and a lot of the scene was improv

wedward

Selina: Let's get the merry old fuck out of merry old England. Okay, I need to be driven to the airport at Diana speed. Okay, just more carefully, though, please.

Laughed way too hard at this.

Peru

The funny thing about Jonah is all the DC people saying he's the most authentic character in the show.

This show is so good we don't even need this new season or any more. I can watch what we have over and over again and not lose interest, still find new favorites. But I'll lap up this season too, like a heathen.

Jeels

The funny thing about Jonah is all the DC people saying he's the most authentic character in the show.

I can actually believe this. Any of my friends who flocked to DC to get into politics are almost universally dBags.

A few early comments and reviews:
Matt Zoller Seitz said:
Watching the new VEEP episodes. Lively stuff, setting some new Iannuci record for instantly quotable invective.
EW said:
The dialogue is, as always, ribald and inspired. Grade: A-
NY Daily News said:
But terrific as Louis-Dreyfus is at playing a woman seemingly incapable of embarrassment, her large supporting cast also helps establish the show’s bizarre rhythm. Campaign manager Amy (Anna Chlumsky), senior adviser Dan (Reid Scott), outcast Jonah (Timothy C. Simons) and executive assistant Sue (Sufe Bradshaw) do particularly well in the season opener, though others will step up in coming weeks.

Started watching this over the weekend, already halfway through the second season. The insults have made work a much more lively place this week I have to say.

addik

Heads up to everyone in Asia with an HBO subscription. They will be airing this, along with Game of Thrones and Silicon Valley the same time as the US.

So yes, we don't have to contend with spoilers :D this season is gonna be awwweeesome, can't wait!

- Variety review:
Emmy-winning Louis-Dreyfus remains an inordinately gifted comedic actress — the best of our time, if you’re inclined to believe Entertainment Weekly — and the role allows her to cut loose in ways that play to those strengths. (Nobody delivers a stream of exasperated invective quite like she does.)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Fucking shit. Iannucci just quit the show.

“We have had conversations with Armando for some time about the challenges of maintaining his family life in London and producing a show in the states,” an HBO rep said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. “Armando is not replaceable but we are confident that Veep will continue to be produced at the highest levels.”

Curb Your Enthusiasm vet David Mandel will replace Iannucci at the helm of the show’s not-yet-officially-ordered fifth season.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Damn, I hope they can generally maintain the show's voice without him around. It'll certainly be well established at least, and their other writers do well.

Disappointing to hear, but I can understand why it was difficult for him. Hopefully the show will move forward seamlessly, and at the very least we got four seasons from Iannucci.

Peru

It's a blow but there's a whole team, a family of writers and directors around Iannucci and if they stay on then they should be able to maintain quality. In any case we have four seasons and more episodes than any of his other shows, basically, so we're blessed. He'll come up with a new show in the UK.

BigAT

This is a real Jonah of a news story, but can't blame the guy in the least if he wants to spend more time with his family. Hopefully the quality won't dip too badly, if at all, but he will certainly be missed.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I honestly don't know if I want an Iannucci-less Veep. Four seasons is a good run - the same amount of seasons The Thick of It got.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly don't know if I want an Iannucci-less Veep. Four seasons is a good run - the same amount of seasons The Thick of It got.

We're getting an Elmore Leonard-less season of Justified and the dialogue is still top notch. I'm not sure how involved he actually was in the show, but either way, they've been able to "imitate" his style quite well.

They'll have four seasons of character interactions and dialogue to base any future iterations on, but I'd worry more about the setting and story possibilities getting stale before we lose the sharp writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom