• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Veep - Season 4 - Presented by Vitamin J - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

neshcom

Banned
Lee Harvey Oswald assassinated John F Kennedy from the sixth floor window of the Texas School Book Depository.

Supposedly.

/s

Veep is seriously so killer. The mixture of public humiliation and unbridled rage are so satisfying. Was worried about the premier now that the foundation shifted again, but it's still got it. Bigger and bigger fuck-ups!

New episode tonight:
East Wing

The president's staff prepares for her state visit with the Israeli prime minister; Mike tries out a new look; Teddy does Jonah a favor; Amy learns that Selina is bringing in a new director of communications; Gary goes overboard planning a dinner.

Vyer

That Gary scene was absolutely great. Great build up to it to. When this show is on the pacing is phenomenal.

Burt

Yeah, great episode.

"You've simultaneously made my day and ruined his!"

Anyone know what happened on Labor Day? Can't remember.

And wow, that Patton Oswalt nutpat.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Haha, poor Catherine and her unlikable dented head.

Anyone know what happened on Labor Day? Can't remember.

This is not something from a previous episode. It's something we don't know about and obviously worse than everything else we've seen Gary do for Selina.

Burt

Haha, poor Catherine and her unlikable dented head.

This is not something from a previous episode. It's something we don't know about and obviously worse than everything else we've seen Gary do for Selina.

Ah thanks, makes sense. I missed a bunch of last season so wasn't sure if it was from something previous or it was that.

This was a huge improvement over the premiere. Lots of jokes landed for me, especially Amy's face freezing on her video call.

And that Gary/Selina scene was incredibly tense and awesome.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Better than last week but it's yet to truly hit its stride.

That said Selina had an actual policy win this week! That's something.

Grifter

Loved everything about Amy in traffic. The other press guy's (Will?) face after finding out he was being fired/demoted was simultaneous so funny and sad.

So what do we think happened on Labour Day?

I'm going for an abortion. Although that would obviously involve a few more people,
unless Gary has a spare coat hanger
, so maybe not that.

Klocker

So what do we think happened on Labour Day?

I'm going for an abortion. Although that would obviously involve a few more people,
unless Gary has a spare coat hanger
, so maybe not that.

I'm thinking
he had to wipe her butt or something extremely body personal for some reason
Not something that would be a scandal but extremely servile for Gary.

Love this show. Helps that Iannucci is a god to me. Never put a foot wrong.

Alan Partridge.
Armistice.
Day Today.
Time Trumpet.

And of course, Veep inspiration The Thick of It.

Utter genius.

iMax

Love this show. Helps that Iannucci is a god to me. Never put a foot wrong.

Alan Partridge.
Armistice.
Day Today.
Time Trumpet.

And of course, Veep inspiration The Thick of It.

Utter genius.

Every single damn person that watches Veep needs to watch The Thick Of It and In The Loop. You owe it to yourselves.

mclem

Am I imagining it, or did the person Gary seemed somewhat familiar with laying out decorations for the state dinner (an interior designer?) have *very* Selina-esque mannerisms?

Wonder if there's a storyline on the way on that front.

Edit: Patty, Social Secretary:
Ng1IlGv.png

Edit: Also, something that struck me when I noticed it, given the building layout is fundamentally the same: Sue is Selina's Mrs. Landingham!

Every single damn person that watches Veep needs to watch The Thick Of It and In The Loop. You owe it to yourselves.

No doubt. In the loop is prolly easier to get into (and it's a movie which amy is also in)

Prolly one of the best comedy films of all time imo

Clevinger

Right when I was thinking "Richard is funny but Amy keeping him around is a little too silly," she dumps him off to Jonah. I love it.

JDSN

Banned
Im glad that scene with Selena and Gary happened, she was really close to be completely unlikable but that mutual deescalation really showed that they care for each other, as much as someone can care in an Ianucci production that is.

Not really feeling that sexual assault subplot, no pun intended.

New episode tonight:
Data

Selina's team tries to find a scapegoat for a data breach; Catherine wants to support an anti-bullying campaign; Dan tasks Richard and Jonah with buying fireworks for a campaign rally; the president hosts the annual Easter Egg Roll.

addik

Maaan, I feel bad for Dan. I didn't want Ben to go either, but oh well...

I loved the scene with Selina talking to the Marine in the bunny costume. Man, I was dying of laughter.

Doyle's Chief-of-Staff is now just plain disturbing.

Hazmat

For some reason the exchange about the apple early on killed me.

"Is it a good apple?"
"It's a baking apple."
"Fuck 'em."

Hamlet

Pretty good episode. The easter bunny talking about the horrors of his past tours had me in stitches. Ben's reaction to Dan confronting him was also great.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Need to get caught up on this, I couldn't wait for the season to start and I haven't even seen a single one yet. Too busy re-watching Game of Thrones for the start of Season 5!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom