• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Veep - Season 4 - Presented by Vitamin J - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
So it was supposed to be implied Selina was doing coke, right? Her constant trips to the bathroom, her energy compared to everyone else being dead, desire to dance.

My guess would be a prescription drug of some kind, but one she hasn't been prescribed.

Someone on the staff drugging her makes sense too.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Damn, the latest episode was on fire.

Why in the name of pixelated fuck would you do that? My God!

I'm supposed to have my finger on the button. But for all I know, it's been rewired and I'm just operating some sort of light in a closet somewhere.

Yet again, the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing and the freakish middle hand is punching me repeatedly in the tits.

God, that is some elaborate self-sabotage right there. That is Cirque du Soleil suicide bombing.

I feel like I'm on a life-support machine and they keep pulling the plug to charge their phones.

Klocker

Damn, the latest episode was on fire.

Why in the name of pixelated fuck would you do that? My God!

I'm supposed to have my finger on the button. But for all I know, it's been rewired and I'm just operating some sort of light in a closet somewhere.

Yet again, the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing and the freakish middle hand is punching me repeatedly in the tits.

God, that is some elaborate self-sabotage right there. That is Cirque du Soleil suicide bombing.

I feel like I'm on a life-support machine and they keep pulling the plug to charge their phones.

Yep. Great lines this week.

Amazing

Dice//

Banned
The delivery for Gary Cole's line "targeting happy parents after stealing cupcakes about dead children" was flawless.... oh man.

Everyone was on point this episode, and I'm really glad is sticking around in, arguably, a better suited position (though Sid Percel needs to be knocked into the ground).

The molestation bit this season is dark as fuck. I can't remember anything else the show did that was on this kind of level of black comedy.

New episode tonight:
Convention

Selina and her staff scramble to avert a major internal crisis; Amy is angry with the president's new advisor; Dan recruits Jonah and Richard to pose as influential Washington insiders.

Av club review is whack. They said it was the weakest episode and filler. This was the most consequential episode since she became POTUS!

Also is it me or did they just gloss over her winning the nomination? I thought she was getting primaried

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Amy going all in. Who's going to leave Selina's side next week?

Also is it me or did they just gloss over her winning the nomination? I thought she was getting primaried
I suspect they felt they'd already done enough with all the primary stuff last year before she stepped into the presidency, so they're rather yadda yadda yadda that bit and keep their focus on different parts of the process.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
wait I thought this was for the primary?
glad danny chung didnt get it because he winds me up
and have we seen that random congressman before?

I knew Hugh Laurie was going to appear this series but I didn't take any notice of who he'd be playing. I just assumed he'd be a British politician in a one off episode. Looks like we'll be seeing a lot more of him though. Excellent addition. He's looking a little light on top these days.

Amy's breakdown was incredible. Anna Chlumsky is so good.

neshcom

Banned
With Dan and Amy on the outs, I wonder if we'll see them come back to Selena's office or not. Laurie's character can't be around for too long, right? Loved how much of a goober the entire office got over his lame passable fake-out.

I really lost the idea behind the b-plot early on this week. Somehow Big Zucchini needs to talk to the president's office immediately? It was a good deal of twisting in the wind for Dan, but it didn't seem totally grounded...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
With Dan and Amy on the outs, I wonder if we'll see them come back to Selena's office or not. Laurie's character can't be around for too long, right? Loved how much of a goober the entire office got over his lame passable fake-out.

I really lost the idea behind the b-plot early on this week. Somehow Big Zucchini needs to talk to the president's office immediately? It was a good deal of twisting in the wind for Dan, but it didn't seem totally grounded...
The point was to show off that the firm is connected to the White House in some way.

Jb

Amy's meltdown was incredible. I expected Karen to last at least 2 episodes, but I'm glad they got rid of her so fast.

Peru

If Amy and Dan team up I imagine they might be able to do some stuff.. or at least stumble in a direction that leads to something. I see Amy at least being hired back. Also she talked about the next season (and her being in it) as a given in an interview today.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
It would be very bad if Anna Chlumsky wasn't to return. She's fantastic and very underused ever since the rise to being POTUS.

I knew Hugh Laurie was going to appear this series but I didn't take any notice of who he'd be playing. I just assumed he'd be a British politician in a one off episode. Looks like we'll be seeing a lot more of him though. Excellent addition. He's looking a little light on top these days.

Amy's breakdown was incredible. Anna Chlumsky is so good.

Didn't he wear a hair piece for House? He's always been balding in the back.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
With both Amy and Dan gone Selina seems to be on the decline. Maybe Amy will come back, but after that explosion I can't see how. You could say it's been building up this season or for the entire series, but boy I didn't think she would go off so quickly after being pushed to the side again.

Jigorath

Banned
That Amy speech was great. They're finally giving Chlumsky something to use in the Emmy race. I guess she's going to join Dan and become a lobbyist? Dan, Jonah, and Richard should team up more often. They're comedy gold together.

JDSN

Banned
Haha I love Selina's grin when she thought Johan was the molester. And man, Ben has been cut throat this season. I hope this means Furlong and Doyle together, they killed it during the primary debates.

addik

Pretty crazy episode, I can't believe how much storylines they've crammed all season-long.

I was so excited for Hugh Laurie to come to the show, actually, but with how intense the past episodes have been, I kinda forgot that he would eventually appear.

So when he came in waltzing in as the Veep candidate, I screamed out of joy and surprise. What a brilliant addition to an already-brilliant series.

Dmax3901

Pretty crazy episode, I can't believe how much storylines they've crammed all season-long.

I was so excited for Hugh Laurie to come to the show, actually, but with how intense the past episodes have been, I kinda forgot that he would eventually appear.

So when he came in waltzing in as the Veep candidate, I screamed out of joy and surprise. What a brilliant addition to an already-brilliant series.

I was the same, it was such a joy to see him walk out of that elevator.

lmao Amy's meltdown was truly thick of it-tier. Malcolm Tucker would be proud of the ether she dropped on Selina and her friend.

I completely forgot laurie was cast in this so it was a pleasant surprise to see him enter the scene. Best episode of the season.

TTG

Where's the guy that finishes everyone's sentences? He was suppose to be the next runner up for campaign manager.

I'm thinking Tom James bails once he gets a good taste of what's going on with Selina leading to a bit of a disaster and maybe for once Selina is humbled(enough to hire Amy and Dan back? maybe). It would make sense for Iannucci to go out on that note.

Besides Amy's tirade, this episode was about Selina's reaction to stuff. So many close ups on her. That and it was the most awkward episode, Gary started things off with that almost kiss and the ending was full body wince.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom