• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Veep - Season 4 - Presented by Vitamin J - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an episode! I too had heard that Hugh Laurie was coming aboard some point this season, but, even when they were hyping up Tom James this week, I still didn't put it together. I thought Tom James was probably some random politico that had popped up on the show before. So that was a great reveal for sure.

I felt like I had poked my head in the oven after witnessing Amy's vicious tirade. Absolutely amazing.

Biggest laughs might have been Mike ad-libbing on the news about Doyle's prostate issues. "I know it's big.. the problem.. AND the prostate"

JDSN

Banned
Why was Maddoxlet go? Was it because he thought he was gonna have a proactive role? He looked so miserable walking through that hall.

KiN0

Selena has been pretty horrible this season. Everybody is collapsing under her bitchiness. It has me anxious to see what happens with mike now that he's pretty much the only significant member of Selena's original staff left.

As everyone else has said, Amy's meltdown and Tom James' introduction were the highlights of the episode.

My prediction for Tom James and Amy: Amy goes to work for Danny Chung while Selena gets frustrated with Tom James popularity eclipsing her.

Vyer

Maybe the best comedy on TV right now.

I don't know that I've ever been more annoyed by a character so quickly than Karen. Played the part perfectly.

I love how, much like with Gary, it takes basically a blowup or meltdown for Selina to see through the bullshit and get right. The dynamic between her and her 'team' is so great and the show works it so well.

Great to see Laurie, hopefully he gets to do more going forward. He's kind of bland in this intro but I did like that it seemed he was slowly coming to the realization he might have just surrounded himself with fuckups.

mclem

Selena has been pretty horrible this season. Everybody is collapsing under her bitchiness. It has me anxious to see what happens with mike now that he's pretty much the only significant member of Selena's original staff left.

pKE8a1r.jpg

I'm just waiting for the inevitable ending where Sue becomes president.

KiN0

pKE8a1r.jpg

I'm just waiting for the inevitable ending where Sue becomes president.

Heh, I mean the only significant member of her press team. Gary takes care of her but it's become increasingly clear that he has no political know-how.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit Amy decimated Selina, and I love the way Julia played Selina's reaction to all of that.

Other great lines:

After Ben says the molestation involves Jonah Ryan and Doyle says "those poor interns", and Ben's Pope joke, I can't remember the exact line unfortunately.

Finally got a chance to watch the newest episode. Amy's rant was fucking BRILLIANT. Every time Karen opened her mouth, I could feel Amy restraining herself from choking the life out of her. If Anna Chlumsky doesn't at least get an Emmy nom for that performance, well then, I'd say there are more cons than pros with that organization.

Peru

What's funny is with all these (otherwise often sad) elections going on in the world now, you're constantly reminded that reality of politics is as silly and banal and absurd as this show. Like how those bacon sandwich pics dominated the UK election coverage. And Hilary's tip jar. Etc.

SamVimes

Finally got a chance to watch the newest episode. Amy's rant was fucking BRILLIANT. Every time Karen opened her mouth, I could feel Amy restraining herself from choking the life out of her. If Anna Chlumsky doesn't at least get an Emmy nom for that performance, well then, I'd say there are more cons than pros with that organization.

Fucl the Emmy. Kaitlin Olson was never even nominated and she's the funniest woman on television, except maybe Julia Louis Dreyfus.

I actually watched this episode again last night - so good.

'He's an American hero, like Evel Knievel. No, better - Lovely Knovely' lol

Julia Louis Dreyfous' totally organic facial reactions on this show are so iconic. Just her enduring Amy's meltdown was hysterical to watch. And then her glaring at Karen for 20 seconds, LOL. Lost my shit.

BigAT

The only problem with this show is that it is so incredibly dense with amazing jokes that it is hard to remember them all. After they announced that Latina vice presidential running mate for the other candidate, there were like four or five hilarious lines but they were so rapid fire I can't even recall them all.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Been catching up and on episode 2, are they deliberately making Selena unlikable?

I'm not sure but shes definitely turned into more of a self important dick this season
I mean shes hilarious but shes a bit of a prick

I expect the writes know what theyre doing and she'll have some set back or redemption thing.
I imagine Mike will be fired for some reason then gary will snap or something and she'll suddenly realise that shes got nobody close to her

omg_mjd

The Amy meltdown was amazing. A nice payoff as well after how much of a jerk Selena's been lately--it's like Amy was channeling the audience there, especially with her last line.

New episode tonight:
Storms and Pancakes

Selina is annoyed by the press' reaction to her running mate's charm; Selina decides to attend a fundraiser without her team; Amy tries to adjust to her new life; Jonah gets ambushed.

Peru

I think it would be nice if Selena was back to being Veep by next season. After getting high on power for a while with all its consequences. Makes sense but if the next season is written by a whole new team, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom