• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Veep - Season 5 |OT| - Julia Louis-Dreyfus - Continuity With Change - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

iddqd

Yeah, like some here are saying, this would be a great Series finale.

I love the show but I would be OK with all of them moving to something new.
Even if its the same people.

This story found a good ending and I'm not sure I want to see a more "sitcom" setting for these characters.

royalan

I am not liking the proposed premise of next season.

The strength of the show is Selena and her staff bumbling through our government. Seeing what Selena gets up to as a Former President seems boring in comparison, not to mention there will be no reason for half of the characters to be around.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The Writers Panel #278 - David Mandel

David Mandel, the showrunner of Veep discusses taking over those duties in the just-aired season 5, early writing opportunities with Al Franken, his three years on Saturday Night Live, his time on Seinfeld, scripting Curb Your Enthusiasm, and lots more.​

So I JUST finished season 4. While I'm still loving the show, did this season ender feel way too forced for anyone else? I mean, come on. It ended in a tie? Really? Now they're just stretching this thing out for the sake of drama/comedy, and it really isn't that funny. Makes me roll my eyes a bit, which is saying a lot in this show. Most of what happens seems so crazy you could hardly believe it would ever happen, but it actually does in real life. This moment with the tie though? Was hard not to roll my eyes.

Poster:

93t60YX.jpg

TTG

Sue, did the preside... Sue?

Last season felt like it was on cruise control, we'll see I guess.

BigAT

Oh god, it just occurred to me that Jonah is now the only member of the cast that is an active politician...

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Laughed out loud at that trailer
can't wait for this to come back

the way she said "okay.. that's really way out of line" fucking kills me every time. JLD emotes comedically like no other.

Also when she repeats "really fun" in the beginning you can really see how much that lie pains Selina. JLD has been so good at subtle emoting since Seinfeld (at least!)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
holy fuck thats hilarious

DJKhaled

I still can't believe our conservative party in Australia stole that continuity with change slogan and used it in their campaign.

Am I wrong or was all that old footage?
Oh really? I didn't get a good look at it yet.

A few reviews:
- Onion A|V Club
Like Selina, Veep is also going through a bit of an adjustment; but contrary to her current situation, it doesn’t have to worry about its legacy. Mandel hasn’t squandered any of his comedy capital; he keeps the barbs flying and the crushing disappointment looming closely enough to maintain the momentum in his second term. Grade: A-
- Newsday *some spoilers*
BOTTOM LINE TV’s best comedy gets even better (how is that even possible?). Grade: A+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom