• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO's Veep - Season one - created by Armando Iannuci, starring Julia Louis Dreyfus

Status
Not open for further replies.
- HBO Watch: VEEP Season 1 Blu-Ray & DVD Combo Review
IN CONCLUSION
I think this DVD package is a must have for fans of the show. I had forgotten how great this show is. The cast and writers are amazing at conveying the absurdity of real life and the world of politics. The DVDs give you the ability to rewatch scenes where there are 10 different characters and you can see the difference of each character’s point of view and laugh at something new you didn’t pick up before. I am a huge fan of the series before the DVD but now I have become an even bigger fan because of the DVD. Pick up the first season of VEEP on DVD for $14.99 or Blu-ray for $19.99 (prices may change) on Amazon.

Jenga

Banned
why does dreyfus look more attractive here than in seinfeld?

seriously, i would wife her so hard

so so hard

so hard

I haven't put my discs in yet but it says 12 commentaries on my Blu set.
Yup:
The 2-disc DVD version is priced at $39.98 SRP, and includes extras in the form of 12 Audio Commentaries (with show creator Armando Iannucci, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Anna Chlumsky, Tony Hale, executive producers Frank Rich and Chris Godsick, and more), Outtakes and Deleted Scenes (over 20 minutes), and Featurettes: "The Making of Veep" (a behind-the scenes look at the making of the series featuring interviews with cast and crew ), "Veep: Misspoke" (VP Selina Meyer clarifies remarks regarding fictional Minnesota Governor Danny Chung), and "Veep: Obesity" (VP Selina Meyer's hilarious public service announcement - and outtakes - about obesity).

Julia Louis-Dreyfus will be on the Tonight Show this evening to promote Veep.

Also, HBO is trotting this around DC this morning:

4NDN84G.jpg

Scary.

I wonder how popular this show is around Washington. I know that Parks & Rec is always mentioned when politicians are asked about their favourite shows.

- Huffington Post: Julia Louis-Dreyfus Talks 'Veep' Season 2, Favorite Lines And More
There aren't that many people who can sling insults and remain as likable as "Veep" star Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

The actress, who returns as Vice President Selina Meyer for the HBO series' second season on April 14, won an Emmy for Best Actress in a Comedy following the first season of "Veep." But Louis-Dreyfus, who spent nine years as Elaine Benes on "Seinfeld" and five years as the titular character in CBS's "The New Adventures of Old Christine," said she wasn't looking for an "asshole" character to play.

"Yeah, she's kind of an asshole," she said with a laugh. "And I think that comes to me naturally. I didn't say to myself, 'I'm going to play an asshole,' because you can't start there. That wasn't the intention. But she's extremely driven, extremely vain, narcissistic and all of that stuff gets in front of her good intentions, which are somewhere down there. Deep, deep down. She doesn't mean to do the wrong things. It's a dog-eat-dog world and she feels that. I'm not going to say she's a victim -- she's not -- but she's definitely reacting to a political universe she's been a part of for twenty-something years."

Louis-Dreyfus spoke with The Huffington Post via phone right after "Veep" wrapped production on Season 2. Read on for her favorite lines, what happened when Vice President Joe Biden actually called, a "massive" upcoming stunt and much more.

just started this show last night and got through two episodes. i definitely liked the second ep more than the premiere. can't wait to finish the season before the premiere.

- Daily Beast interview: Tony Hale Talks Return of ‘Veep,’ ‘Arrested Development’ & Being Weird
- LA Times: Julia Louis-Dreyfus' talents power through 'Veep'
The former 'Seinfeld' actress begins her second season a heartbeat away from the presidency on the HBO series Sunday, happy to be juggling her comedic, acting and producing skills as the bungling Vice President Selina Meyer.

Season 2 OT?
I assume anaron is going to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom