• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Veep Season 2 - Armando Iannuci/Julia Louis Dreyfus - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol Mike:
tumblr_moefpz4BdC1s7gnr1o1_400.gif

Jonad lol
Screen-Shot-2013-06-17-at-1.29.03-PM-650x344.png

Funny episode and the plotting got crazy after a few episodes where they were spinning their wheels. I'm curious where they're going to end things with the finale on Sunday.

JDSN

Banned
It was such a fucking horrible cruel moment when that happened, it reminded me of The thick of it
When Malcom punched Glenn

Im guess that in the finale the anti-depressant thing will come out on the public at some point? Its a pretty big deal and im guessing Danny Chung or the president might use it to keep her in check.

Here's how I see the next couple of seasons playing out:

1) POTUS decides to not run for reelection
2) Selina squares off against Chung in the primaries
3) Chung beats Selina and asks her to be his running mate
4) Chung/Selina win and Selina is right back where she started

Dany

Banned
This is some serious shit that is going down this season. IT could have massive ramifications to Selina's future.

"Enough about your fucking boat Mike, take a flare gun put it in your mouth and blow your fucking brains out"

OMG the freakouts.

"That was POTUS's problem cause he relied on those two - one a burnt out loser and the other a conniving robot"

*Camera pans to Mike and Dan agreeing with Selina*

Absolutely perfect

Ha, you read my mind.

agree 100% on that. Of course she'll end up back as vp since that's the whole show lol, but it'll be more interesting if Chung won because then we'll actually see the president and know him...but that kind of makes me think he won't win.

survivor

Banned
The last 10 minutes of the finale were amazing. The third season is gonna be really interesting now that the dynamics of the show has changed a lot.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Very good finale.

Also, no deleted scenes? :(

They were at the end. The one with Amy and her sister was fantastic.

The whole episode was amazing. Best scene of the show so far is literally everyone outside Selina's office freaking out and then Ed lays the smackdown on Sue out of nowhere.

Sotha Sil

"That was POTUS's problem cause he relied on those two - one a burnt out loser and the other a conniving robot"

*Camera pans to Mike and Dan agreeing with Selina*

Absolutely perfect

"Bad combo..." Incredible.

What a show. The ramp-up to the POTUS arrival was perfection. Such a great attention to detail.

Peru

Fuckin' Chung. Amazing send-off for the season. Great breakdown, build-up, everything. Definitely not "as slow as a Mississippi detective investigating the death of a young black male".

Sloane

Banned
Decent finale. Show lost a bit of its momentum for me at the end of the season, but then again it started to strong it was almost impossible to maintain that level over the course of ten episodes. Hope they change the chemistry up a bit for season 3 but considering how this season ended, it seems likely.

Season 3 should be primaries following Selena and Crew around the US...gosh that's going to be awesome
Season 4 should be Selena losing and back as Veep.

This formula will probably get stale after S4 so I think they should probably end then.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
a GOLDEN ending to season 2.

That scene where Selina goes into the meeting with POTUS was so tense, but also you were waiting for more barbs to be spit.

Perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom