• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Veep Season 2 - Armando Iannuci/Julia Louis Dreyfus - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaron

lNT2dyv.jpg

a8gb5dH.jpg

and Jonah

Zbz2Eod.jpg

Julia Louis-Drefus as Selina Meyer
Tony Hale as Gary Walsh
Anna Chlumsky as Amy Brookheimer
Reid Scott as Dan Egan
Matt Walsh as Mike McLintock
Timothy C. Simons as Jonah Ryan
Sufe Bradshaw as Sue Wilson

http://www.hbo.com/veep/index.html

Trailer 1, 2

Reviews

The Atlantic Wire: 'Veep' Is Even Better the Second Time Around

Variety: Season two yields modest improvement thanks to shrewd cast additions, augmenting the pleasures of Julia Louis-Dreyfus as the easily flustered, foul-mouthed Vice President.

Slate: With Great Power Comes Great Hilarity - Selina Meyer’s a player in the second season of Veep, and the show is much better as a result.

Newsday: 'Veep' review - It's a political party

Salon.com: The much improved “Veep”

Wall Street Journal: A Humorous Heartbeat Away

Yay! Looking forward to more Veep this Spring. The show is hilarious and really found a good rhythm towards the end of S1.

Here's a bunch of Season 2 stuff I posted in the old thread:

- Kevin Dunn Joins ‘Veep’
Deadline.com said:
Kevin Dunn has been tapped for a recurring role on HBO’s comedy Veep starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus. He will play
Ben, the President’s Chief of Staff. Pragmatic and no-nonsense, Ben finds himself unable to navigate the all-spin-all-the-time world of Washington politics.
The casting brings Dunn back to HBO, where he co-starred on drama Luck. Dunn, repped by Gersh and Lighthouse Entertainment, will next be seen in Lionsgate’s The Frozen Ground, in the Steve Jobs biopic Jobs and Diego Luna’s Chavez.

xUFt5.png

- Gary Cole Joins HBO Comedy ‘Veep’
Deadline.com said:
Gary Cole has been cast in a major recurring role on the upcoming second season of HBO’s comedy Veep starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Vice President Selina Meyer. I hear Cole will appear
in as many as eight of the 10 episodes from Veep‘s second season. Details about his character are being kept under wraps but I hear he will play a Karl Rove-type of character named Kent.

K2oKP.jpg

Videos:
- Veep Season 1: Did the president call? (youtube)
- Veep Season 1: Gary Walsh Mash-up (youtube)
- Veep Season 1: Mike McLintock: Mash-up (youtube)
- Veep Season 1: Jonah Ryan: Mash-up
- New Characters of Season 2 - Swearing in the Cast (youtube, some minor spoilers)

Interviews and articles:
- 9 Reasons to Get Excited about Veep Season 2
- Huffington Post: Julia Louis-Dreyfus Talks 'Veep' Season 2, Favorite Lines And More
- JLD on The Tonight Show yesterday (more links in the sidebar on nbc.com)
- USA Today: In 'Veep,' Julia Louis-Dreyfus has a winning role
- USA Today: From Baltimore, 'Veep' holds a mirror to D.C.
- MSNBC: O’Donnell brainstorms ‘Veep’ episodes with Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Daily Beast interview: Tony Hale Talks Return of ‘Veep,’ ‘Arrested Development’ & Being Weird
- LA Times: Julia Louis-Dreyfus' talents power through 'Veep'
- JLD on the Late Late Show last night (CBS video player, 12:15 mark)

- Newsday: 'Veep' review - It's a political party
The first few episodes of "Veep's" freshman season were like strangers in a strange land -- written by brilliant British satirist Armando Iannucci ("The Thick of It"), the language seemed off and even the expletives sounded like exotic imports that were unquestionably fun to say but impossible to define. But that's all so last year: With Sunday's second-season launch, "Veep" is the single most improved series on television, though by the end of last season -- when Selina had to go to Ohio to not endorse someone for governor (long story, but a funny one) -- it was starting to reach cruising altitude.
- Salon.com: The much improved “Veep”
“Veep” has done what good sitcoms do: gotten better. It only aired eight episodes last time around, a little more than a quarter of a network season, which is about how long it usually takes for funny shows to gel. Last season, I would watch and recognize that things were funny without laughing: I laughed plenty at the new episodes. Given the caliber of talent involved with “Veep” — first and foremost Louis-Dreyfus, who toggles between goofy and steely like no one else — it’s almost a relief that it’s improved. As Selina says, she’s the fucking vice president, and she can demand respect. It’s nice that now she also deserves it.
- Wall Street Journal: A Humorous Heartbeat Away

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I'm so excited for this new season. I loved season one and hearing that season two is even better makes me giddy.

Hope it improves - wanted to like the first season, but it just didn't do much for me. The Thick of It went from being pretty meh in its first season to one of the greatest TV comedies ever made though, so hopefully something similar will happen here.

Empty

Hope it improves - wanted to like the first season, but it just didn't do much for me. The Thick of It went from being pretty meh in its first season to one of the greatest TV comedies ever made though, so hopefully something similar will happen here.

i love the first season of the thick of it. chris langham's hugh abbot is the perfect foil to the over the top characters and sharp, million mile an hour dialogue and i find that ianuncci's stuff since he was written out, including veep, misses its strong human element.

still thoroughly entertaining of course. the trailer with its 'kanye west wing in the house' and 'i'm going to daughterboard her' has me very excited!

Bladenic

Season 1 was one of the best sitcom seasons of its year, so I'm highly excited for this. Mad Men and Veep in one night, what a great drama/comedy duo.

the coolest part is how they censor the dialogue in the gif captions

very hip and with it

i really believe that tumblr is being staffed by authentic tumblr users
Ha ha, good point. I didn't scroll down to look at many of them because that tumblr crushes my browser for some reason.

Vert boil

Noticed this was back in the Midseason thread and immediately checked to see if Chris Morris was involved this season. IMDB is saying he directed the tonight's episode.

nodpisz2.gif

Hopefully he'll do more than one this season.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I've been watching the marathon and I forgot how fucking funny this show truly is. Too many times did I need to stop what I was doing to just get the laughs out.

I've been watching the marathon and I forgot how fucking funny this show truly is. Too many times did I need to stop what I was doing to just get the laughs out.
Yup. Tons of momentum at the end of the season.

"Not great admittedly. That should be the title of my fucking memoir."

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
hell of an episode, might do a rewatch before bed, but it's good to have this show back on.

this with mad men and GoT... Sundays continue to be the best nights for television.

anaron

Fantastic return and definitely in stronger form. Gary Cole is such a great addition to this show, really looking forward to him being on it.

Iannuci's way with language is so fucking brilliant. There's almost too much amazingly quotable material.

- The president called!

- the lipstick-carpet smearing had me dying. "you're tracking, you're tracking it!" As did Gary's usual constant Selina smothering.

"You work for the vice president of the united states, it's not like you work for google."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom