• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Veep - S6 |OT| - Making History. Whether You Like It Or Not. - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyer

Jonah/Montez meeting was great. But then again pretty much everything Jonah is right now.

Amy has been severely underutilized this season.. glad to see a little more of her In the scenes with Mike

Socreges

Banned
"What'd he do, ma'am?!"

Good stuff.

Tony Hale got to show off a bit more range. Made me want him to stand up to Selina....but I guess that would have been out of character for him (and the show).

5taquitos

I have no idea what the point of Dan's character on the show is anymore. My only guess is that he's soon to be fired and will make his way back to Selena's camp, but him being separate from virtually everyone else this season just seems like treading water.

Socreges

Banned
I have no idea what the point of Dan's character on the show is anymore. My only guess is that he's soon to be fired and will make his way back to Selena's camp, but him being separate from virtually everyone else this season just seems like treading water.
I'm guessing it's a mix of:

- They wanted to keep the character and actor around
- He wouldn't work for Jonah (ever) or Selina (as she flounders)
- TV news makes sense for his character
- It's an opportunity for the writers to lampoon TV news.

It's definitely a weird, fifth limb. But I like how it gives more depth to the other characters. Plus Dan is pretty funny

"And remember...every day...begins with mo(u)rning"

Love the characters, love the writing for the most part. But interest has just nosedived this season for obvious reasons. It's like a 10 episode reunion show.

I can't believe HBO is bothering with another season, but I guess the ratings are still there.

What's next? Selena becomes the ambassador to Finland, and we can see what Helsinki hijinks she and the team can get into?

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I'm guessing the Tibet reveal will help her bid for presidency now more than ever.

I also found it Weird they could call it the tonight show and use NBC logo, but not get jimmy. Guess this reallly is a parallel universe or something lol.

Jonah it's definitely the best of this season. That bit with his uncle SLAYED me in fucking half. He was for like what? 2 minutes? I almost cry 3 times. Savagery after savagery.

I think it's hilarious that Jonah's plot is veering from realism in that his stupidity isn't being rewarded by the voters. (In the real world, we know he would be running for President)

Truly showing Veep is a fantasy show about politics, as if people were normal rational actors.

Not

Banned
This show has become so good. I laugh so much and I love all the characters. It finally just clicked for me.

"Am I Jewish?"

Yeah that hospital scene with Jonah, Uncle Jeff, and Shawnee was insane. Just rapid fire Jonah put downs. Uncle Jeff got some real great zingers too against Shawnee and her dad.
That was NOT where I expected the Jonah Ryan storyline to go, I really thought he would be running for President next season.

Jonah it's definitely the best of this season. That bit with his uncle SLAYED me in fucking half. He was for like what? 2 minutes? I almost cry 3 times. Savagery after savagery.

Yeah, that scene was amazing. Peter MacNicol is brutal. And he was so nice on Ally McBeal.

caliph95

giphy.gif

her diary though

TripOpt55

The part with Jonah's uncle was hysterical. The insults are probably my favorite part of the show and that segment was just incredible.

Dice//

Banned
How is there no gif of Uncle Jeff losing his shit?? xD

The banter in this is still the best. I love Dan calling the co-host "historic", and an "old, old" friend who was around for the lunar landing. And I love that his "breaking point" was seeing himself as a taxi news guy. xD

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
There's no way Jonah could run for president. It's not that it's not believable or even funny, but don't tell me you wouldn't be sitting there pissed off that someone so grossly idiotic and incompetent could actually run for president. Every time he got power for doing something stupid it just hit too close to home. It was satisfying to see him just absolutely annihilated.

Chase17

Solid season. Interesting format for the finale. Was expecting a bigger purpose to it, but I guess it served to show just how neurotic Selina is. "The outsider's insider" lol. The team Jonah has assembled... Not sure about this Dan/Amy baby plot but I'll roll with it.

Not shocked that we are set up for another run at office, as it's the best excuse to put the cast all together again.

I'm down with Jonah for President.

Mining humor out of our present situation with a fictional character. Orange Cheeto isn't smart enough to figure out that Jonah Ryan is now a spoof of him, so he can't complain about it.

Weird format but solid finale. The hairstyles of Mike and Gary on the flashback scenes, holy fuck. That was amazing. I'm glad they finally got the gang back togheter (plus Leon which I always thought was a potentially cool character but was under used). The Amy pregnancy was unexpected and kinda weird but I'm on board. Also Mike is...teaching?
This season was all over the place sometimes and got a little messy but it had some great episodes. My only wish for the next season is to have a scene with Furlong and uncle Jeff. Imagine the savagery. Fingers crosses.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How did Jonah lose his seat anyways? How was it possible. What's the time frame here? Has it been 2 years since the Last Election.
He got "primaried" by his uncle. I assume it was end of term.
I feel bad for Mike. He keeps getting fucked the most. But Jonah as Trump makes sense I suppose.

neshcom

Banned
Really bummed by the finale.
We spent all season teased with a dozen differen things Selena could do and ended up back to square one. Best case we get another timeskip and can skip another season of elections.

The time skips were definitely odd, not really clear what year it is - Montez's term would be a full 4 years, this is probably 2 years before the 2020 election so I assume its Jan/Feb 2018 the season ends on?

Pretty good finale, one really weird thing was Richard got this really DETERMINED face when the Yale prez said the KKK (not white power kind, "Kool Kweers of Kolor") was protesting, and then Richard seemed to walk off to confront them. There have been a few times where someone has said some racist shit and Richard just has a straight face, thought they were setting it up for him to absolutely explode in the finale. He was missing also in the group around Selena at the end...

I could see Jonah Ryan hiring Mike.

BlackJace

1. If Selina is running again, please make her fucking win this time. I cannot see why the show should/would continue to exist if she loses AGAIN. As hilarious as Pres. Jonah would be, let's just get Selina in the Oval Office again.

2. Bummed Mike got edged out, but it should be a decent side story.

3. Obvious Amy/Dan side story romance is obvious. Babies'll do that to ya.

4. I foresee hilarious hijinks with Catherine and Marjorie's (and Richard's!) ethnic hybrid baby.

5. Gonna miss Jaffar, but hey, them's the breaks.

6. With all the Gary X Selina stuff they've been pushing this season, I was surprised to see it barely at play. Now that Jaffar is out of the way, who knows, heh.

6. I feel like we're gonna see the nasty side of Montez that we got a glimpse of when she had a meeting with Jonah. She's gonna be great to see on the campaign trail.

SUE, PLEASE RETURN.

honestly I thought this finale was fucking awful. They did a decent job of making up for the loss last season but now Ianucci's exit was so obvious this time. writing got much less funnier and wittier too. its been mostly lazy jokes.

Lack of direction for the characters and now having her run for president again? lol hell no, she shouldn't even go past primaries at this point. Jonah made this season watchable.

I was ready to quit until they teased a future plot thread of Jonah running for president as well, he'll make it amusing. but this show has clearly peaked a while ago. selina and her main team is no longer entertaining either, well not the way they've been written as of late. it felt kind of like a chore to get through a lot of this season tbh.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I think one of the problems this season had was its unwillingness to drop its characters. We didn't need to see Dan fucking around on TV. People get used and discarded in politics - the cast remaining the same for so long just feels weird.

KiN0

Lack of focus really hurt the season. There were five or six different plot threads running at the same time, and none of them get anywhere. The cast is also just all over the place, and as a result the characters never got any chances to interact meaningfully as an ensemble. There was just no chemistry between anyone this season.

Next season might be better considering everyone is back together, but I'm really not looking forward to watching another season about campaigning; plus, I really don't want to see Jonah end up as president with Selina as his veep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom