• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How dead is the Chrono series?

Mostly all of the original staff of Chrono Trigger/Cross doesn't work on Square-Enix anymore. They can do a sequel anyway but... meh.

A decaying, festering corpse is sitting in the backlot of the Square-Enix headquarters, they're too lazy to actually give it a proper burial.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
tumblr_mcikdenyMb1r4qfp8.gif

Let's be real, here- Chrono was never really a series. It was a one-off game that happens to share a first name and (frequently nonsensical) story connections with a different one-off game.

Not that Chrono Cross was bad, mind you, but it never really felt like a sequel to Chrono Trigger to me.

Let's be real, here- Chrono was never really a series. It was a one-off game that happens to share a first name and (frequently nonsensical) story connections with a different one-off game.

Not that Chrono Cross was bad, mind you, but it never really felt like a sequel to Chrono Trigger to me.

The connections in Cross to the original game felt incredibly forced.

No to mention it retroactively ruined a lot of the original for me.

HeelPower

wait didn't square complain about the chrono cross sales(which were over a million units) being too low ?

Square doing that capcom AAA model since the PS1 lol

Zero²

Why would anyone in its sane mind want Square-Enix to make another sequel? I dont trust them to even remake CT.

Cornbread78

As dead as the rest of those jrpgs from that era that are not money makers and nobody buys..... Really sad state in gaming when everything is a shooter or sports....

Top Bottom