• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

¡Vamos a aprender español!- Let's Learn Spanish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grifox

Neo Member
Another Spaniard here, from Madrizz.

Both, really.

Le voy a dar una hostia/un hostión -> I'm going to slap the shit out of him
Hostia, ¡se me va a escapar el autobús! -> Fuck, I'm going to miss the bus!

And so on. It's not as crazy versatile as cojones, but you get the drift.

Yep. Hostia is one of those special words that everyone loves to use for everything hoho, bad mood, to curse/swear, to love...you name it.

"Está la hostia de bueno" -> "It's fucking good" (a tasty food)
"Me cago en la hostia" -> "Bloody Hell"

And the best one, from Basque Country, "Ahí va la ostia pués"

Que grande es el mamón de Reverte XD

zruben

Banned
What is the fastest way to type accents/tildes nowadays? I haven't had to type Spanish consistently since college a decade ago, when there were all those annoying number codes. I assume there's a virtual keyboard or something better by now...

yeah, it's very easy now. There are dedicated keys on the keyboards now. Just have to press the tilde key before entering the letter.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Doesn't the thread title mean "we are going to learn Spanish?" I thought there was a tense for saying "let's do something." Wouldn't it be more like an imperative (is it aprendamos?)

Also, if I were saying "the thread title means x" would I use "se importa?" I never got the full handle on the se and le (and me te nos etc) + verbs.

Cool thread, I always try to practice in my head but I also never actually go back and study lol

Two Words

Doesn't the thread title mean "we are going to learn Spanish?" I thought there was a tense for saying "let's do something." Wouldn't it be more like an imperative (is it aprendamos?)

Also, if I were saying "the thread title means x" would I use "se importa?" I never got the full handle on the se and le (and me te nos etc) + verbs.

Cool thread, I always try to practice in my head but I also never actually go back and study lol
I think vamos a aprender and Aprendamos are interchangeable in that context, but I might be wrong.

And to say "the thread title means..." you say " el titulo del hilo significa...."

tmarques

I love how insanely filthy cursing in Spanish is. I was watching Spanish Masterchef a few weeks ago when all of a sudden

¡Me cago en la leche de la puta virgen María!

And then

¡Me cago en la boca del niño Jesús!

I still can't believe these things go unbleeped on Spanish TV.

Arkos

I think vamos a aprender and Aprendamos are interchangeable in that context, but I might be wrong.

And to say "the thread title means..." you say " el titulo del hilo significa...."

ah of course. I was thinking about importarse totally wrong. What are the se's and le's though, aren't they direct and indirect pronouns?

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Thanks. So if I want to say "You need to sign in to find it." I would say "Usted necesita registrarse para encontrarlo"?

Yes, thats correct or not.

Lets see:

sing in = ingresar.

So the sentence literally should be "Necesita ingresar para encontralo." but a more natural and human translation should be "Necesita ingresar para acceder al contenido"

Cormano

Siendo sue aprendí el castellano en España, puedo user la palabra 'coger' dentro de los Estados Unidos sin que alguien se ofienda?

Yes you can, they shouldnt feel offended I honestly think its atupid. My mom is Venezuelan and she uses "coger" (to grab) all the time.

Thanks. So if I want to say "You need to sign in to find it." I would say "Usted necesita registrarse para encontrarlo"?

Yes, thats correct or not.

Lets see:

sing in = ingresar.

So the sentence literally should be "Necesita ingresar para encontralo." but a more natural and human translation should be "Necesita ingresar para acceder al contenido"

If you are refering to "sign in" as in logging in, the correct way to say it is "iniciar sesión."

For twitter users, you should follow this user.

https://twitter.com/0RTOGRAFIA/status/492768760416460800

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Yes you can, they shouldnt feel offended I honestly think its atupid. My mom is Venezuelan and she uses "coger" (to grab) all the time.

If you are refering to "sign in" as in logging in, the correct way to say it is "iniciar sesión."

For twitter users, you should follow this user.

https://twitter.com/0RTOGRAFIA/status/492768760416460800

Yes you are right.

Is for physical. But i swear i saw in some places.

4. intr. Entrar en un lugar.

PD: I'm Spanish.

JulianImp

Soy argentino, así que lo que sea que yo les diga probablemente no les sirva salvo que vengan para acá o Uruguay... A un compañero de trabajo ecuatoriano que ya lleva mas de cuatro años en el país todavía lo seguimos sorprendiendo cada tanto con alguna que otra expresión argentina que no conoce.

Nuestro idioma tiene los mil y un dramas, como el dequeísmo y el queísmo o los monosílabos con tilde, ¡así que fuerza a todos los que quieran aprenderlo! Cualquier dunda pregunten, que para eso está GAF en Español (ESGAF, GAFES?).

Grifox

Neo Member
Tengo una duda.

En España también cuentan chistes de gallegos? o es algo sólo de latinoamérica?

¿Chistes de gallegos? WTF xD ¿Con gallegos te refieres a los habitantes de Galicia, a todo el conjunto de España o es sinónimo de tonto? haha Si es en plan como si fuésemos tontos, tenemos los chistes del pueblo de Lepe:
http://www.1000chistes.com/chistes-de-lepe

Soy argentino, así que lo que sea que yo les diga probablemente no les sirva salvo que vengan para acá o Uruguay... A un compañero de trabajo ecuatoriano que ya lleva mas de cuatro años en el país todavía lo seguimos sorprendiendo cada tanto con alguna que otra expresión argentina que no conoce.

Nuestro idioma tiene los mil y un dramas, como el dequeísmo y el queísmo o los monosílabos con tilde, ¡así que fuerza a todos los que quieran aprenderlo! Cualquier dunda pregunten, que para eso está GAF en Español (ESGAF, GAFES?).
GAFES is bloody brilliant hoho ("gafe" = "jinxed")

We could use GAES too hoho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBJ_GRHztsM

zeemumu

I could understand the OP before I read the English translation. I guess I'm not TOO rusty on my Spanish. Is this for both regions?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Tengo una duda.

En España también cuentan chistes de gallegos? o es algo sólo de latinoamérica?

Apenas. Ocasionalmente de sorianos y catalanes por su fama de tacaños o de vascos por brutos o exagerados, pero eso es todo. Y con mucho cuidado. Hacer chistes sobre los diferentes gentilicios de España es una buena forma de descubrir si puedes correr más que tu vecino.

I could understand the OP before I read the English translation. I guess I'm not TOO rusty on my Spanish. Is this for both regions?
Yes, both of them.

Kain

Apenas. Ocasionalmente de sorianos y catalanes por su fama de tacaños o de vascos por brutos o exagerados, pero eso es todo. Y con mucho cuidado. Hacer chistes sobre los diferentes gentilicios de España es una buena forma de descubrir si puedes correr más que tu vecino.

Sorianos? Primera noticia xD

Supongo que el equivalente a chistes de gallegos en latinoamérica sería chistes de gente de Lepe aquí en España, no?

tauroxd

Supongo que el equivalente a chistes de gallegos en latinoamérica sería chistes de gente de Lepe aquí en España, no?

Leyendo los chistes que grifox puso, me hace decir que sí.

Translation:

Reading those jokes that Grifox posted makes me think that.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

Hasta donde llego, "gallego" es básicamente lo mismo que decir bruto, animal e inculto. Los de Lepe solo son tontitos o chistosos, dependiendo del chiste. Casi todos los chistes de gallegos que he escuchado a argentinos tienen bastante mala sangre, cosa que rara vez ocurre con los de Lepe.

Malvingt2

Hasta donde llego, "gallego" es básicamente lo mismo que decir bruto, animal e inculto. Los de Lepe solo son tontitos o chistosos, dependiendo del chiste. Casi todos los chistes de gallegos que he escuchado a argentinos tienen bastante mala sangre, cosa que rara vez ocurre con los de Lepe.

That is new to me... well then again I am Dominican and they are a lot of terms that I don't know.

Sylver

Banned
Un error muy común que comete la gente, incluso la gran mayoría de españoles, es escribir los imperativos, como si fuesen infinitivos.
Lo correcto no es corregirme sino corregidme.
Si quieres utilizar la forma sudamericana -vosotros/ustedes- corríjanme.
Saludos.

Todavia aprendo español tambien, asi que por favor corrijame tambien.
Estoy aprendiendo español, todavía, así que por favor corríjanme, también.
El tiempo verbal usado debería ser el gerundio ya que se está llevando a cabo en este momento.
Aunque no está mal, sería más correcto usar el plural corríjanme y no, corríjame, ya que se lo estás pidiendo a más de una persona.
Acentos:
Todas las palabras esdrújulas llevan tilde.
Todas las palabras agudas acabas en vocal, N ó S llevan tilde.
Las palabras llanas que no acaban en vocal, N ni S llevan tilde.
Las palabras en las que haya un hiato acentual como es el caso de ía (Todavía -una vocal abierta con una cerrada o de una cerrada con una abierta-) se debe acentuar la í.

Linkark07

Banned
Hola. Español es mi lengua nativa así que cualquier problema me avisan.

Hey. Spanish is my native language so if anyone needs my help don't doubt to ask me.

P.D. Debo reconocer que uno de mis graves problemas son las tildes. No soporto ver palabras que deben llevar una tilde y no es colocada.
P.D.D: Sé que debo mejorar mi gramática.

Arkos

Mexican here, I can help.

Come se dice, "Quede te en tu propio pais"

jk obviously, that's how I practice. Make a bad joke, try to put it in Spanish. Serious question about whether that's right, I'm assuming it's not

tauroxd

Sï, aquí en venezuela usa la palabra de esa manera, también usamos otra, gochos, con el mismo significado, y se refiere a la gente que vive en la zona de los Andes.

Translation:

Yes, here in Venezuela we use that word in that way, we also use another one,gocho, wich means the same but we're talking about people from the Andes zone.

Linkark07

Banned

jk obviously, that's how I practice. Make a bad joke, try to put it in Spanish. Serious question about whether that's right, I'm assuming it's not

I assume you are saying "Stay in your own country".

It should be, "Quédate en tu propio país"

Manu

Argentino acá, tenemos nuestra propia versión deforme del idioma español.

If you have any questions just ask.

tauroxd

Quédate en tu propio país :)

zruben

Banned
¿Chistes de gallegos? WTF xD ¿Con gallegos te refieres a los habitantes de Galicia, a todo el conjunto de España o es sinónimo de tonto? haha Si es en plan como si fuésemos tontos, tenemos los chistes del pueblo de Lepe:
http://www.1000chistes.com/chistes-de-lepe

jajaja, exacto, ahora que los leo, es el equivalente a sus chistes de Lepe.
y no lo hacemos con mala sangre, son puros chistes bien inocentes y con humor muy blanco.

-¿Porqué los gallegos hacen las ventanas de sus casas redondas?
-Para que entre bien el sol

zruben

Banned
¿Quien se quiere echar una reta en el Apalabrados (AdWorded) en español?
mi usuario es zruben (Rubén Martínez) ahí también.

EDIT: perdón por el doble mensaje :(

Arkos

I assume you are saying "Stay in your own country".

It should be, "Quédate en tu propio país"

:p hey I was close! I thought maybe it would be "quede" (I can't/won't type emphasis marks) because verbs change from -ar to -er (and vice versa) to form imperatives. Am I wrong there or is quedarse just unique?

Un error muy común que comete la gente, incluso la gran mayoría de españoles, es escribir los imperativos, como si fuesen infinitivos.
Lo correcto no es corregirme sino corregidme.
Si quieres utilizar la forma sudamericana -vos/usted- corríjanme.
Saludos.

No entiendo a todos. Writing imperatives as if they were infinitives, got that. I don't get the example, could you spell it out (en ingles si es possible)

TheJLC

Yo he hablado Español toda mi vida. Pero tengo un gran problema. Mi vocabulario de Español no es sufficientemente advansado, comparado al de personas de paises que hablan Español. ¿Alguien tiene sugerecias para poder crecer my vocabulario?

Tengo el mismo problema con el Ingles. Parece que aprendi solamente lo sufficiente de los dos que ninguno de los dos es my especialidad. :p

Linkark07

Banned
:p hey I was close! I thought maybe it would be "quede" (I can't/won't type emphasis marks) because verbs change from -ar to -er (and vice versa) to form imperatives. Am I wrong there or is quedarse just unique?

Don't understand what you mean with this.

Anyways, grammar is my weakest point. I know how to conjugate a verb, but sometimes, I pick the wrong tense.

zruben

Banned
Yo he hablado Español toda mi vida. Pero tengo un gran problema. Mi vocabulario de Español no es sufficientemente advansado, comparado al de personas de paises que hablan Español. ¿Alguien tiene sugerecias para poder crecer my vocabulario?

Tengo el mismo problema con el Ingles. Parece que aprendi solamente lo sufficiente de los dos que ninguno de los dos es my especialidad. :p

La mejor manera de aumentar tu vocabulario es leer: Leer, leer y leer más. Busca grandes autores latinoamericanos o españoles, dependiendo del estilo de español que quieras mejorar.

Mexico: Octavio Paz
Colombia: Gabriel Garcia Márquez
Argentina: Julio Cortázar
España: Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

en tu texto tienes algunos detalles de ortografía, te los voy a corregir, si te parece:

Yo he hablado español toda mi vida. Pero tengo un gran problema. Mi vocabulario de español no es suficientemente avanzado, comparado al de personas de países que hablan español. ¿Alguien tiene sugerencias para poder aumentar mi vocabulario?

Tengo el mismo problema con el inglés. Parece que aprendí solamente lo suficiente de los dos que ninguno de los dos es my especialidad. :p

la palabra "español" o "inglés" no es necesario ponerla en mayúscula.
También tenías mal "suficiente", "avanzado", "sugerencias", y te cambié "crecer" a "aumentar"

"crecer" se usa más cuando te refieres a que algo cambia su tamaño físico.

Sylver

Banned
No entiendo a todos. Writing imperatives as if they were infinitives, got that. I don't get the example, could you spell it out (en ingles si es possible)

Yes, you will see written many times people trying to give an order instead of write the imperative form as infinitive.
f.e.
"por favor, corregirme" is like in english "please to correct me" - it should be corregidme "please correct me"

another common mistake made by spanish people while they're writing is confuse "a ver" (let's see) with "to have" (haber). The main reason is they're pronounced alike.
You will see many times "haber cómo funciona" (to have how it works) when they're trying to write "a ver cómo funciona" (let's see how it works)

Arkos

^^ thanks for the response. I don't think I learned it that way (adding the "d" in there). Would it make a difference that I'm in USA? I want to say what I learned would be corregame (see below)

Don't understand what you mean with this.

Anyways, grammar is my weakest point. I know how to conjugate a verb, but sometimes, I pick the wrong tense.

No? I mean like "hablar" turns to "hable" (-ar to -er) to make the imperative ("TALK, damnit!"). Am I wrong in that?

zruben

Banned
Yes, you will see wrote many times people trying to give an order instead of writing the imperative form as infinitive.
f.e.
"por favor, corregirme" is like write in english "please to correct me" - it should be corregidme "please correct me"

another common mistake made by spanish people while they're writing is confuse "a ver" (let's see) with to "have" (haber). The main reason is they're pronounced alike.
You will see wrote many times "haber cómo funciona" (to have how it works) when they're trying to write "a ver cómo funciona" (let's see how it works)

this makes me mad beyond belief. I have a friend who constantly does that... I've been trying to correct him since the ICQ times, but he STILL WRITES IT LIKE THAT... DAMMIT!!!!

btw, in most of Latin America, the correct way to say the imperative for "correct me" would be "corrígeme".

"corregidme" would be for Spain + Argentina spanish, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom