• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1UP Yours - 08/30/08 - PAX Panel

Zen

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
A person can get used to anything. You can get used to someone punching you in the face once an hour but doesn't mean you'll like it.

People can also decide not to like something just as easilly, they decide to convince themselves that it doesn't work and vow never to touch it again. The PS3 controller isn't as good at FPS games, but with the increased sensitivity of the sticks, the almost zero dead zone (shock) with the PS3 controllers, it really comes down to software programming and the willingness of the player to adapt to the more sensitive sticks (it's not that hard, really). I can tell you that PDZ easilly has much worse Aiming controls then any PS3 FPS by a wide margin.

I play both systems, and I can use the PS3 controller just as well as the 360, at this point. It's not an imparment to the quality of an FPS game on the system unless you let it be. It's not as good, but it's hardly a HUGE step down, nor is it 'terrible' by any means. It's just not as natural at first.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
One problem I have with the PS3 controller is that I find it tough to make slight movements when I want to pinpoint the reticle on a target. Is this because of the dead space the sticks have in the center? I haven't really spent extensive time with a 360 so I don't know if that one would feel better either though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Where are the links to the download versions on the gamevideos.1up.com page?

I'm trying to find a wmv version of part 2.

Nintaiyo

Awesome Panel, 1UP. I wish you guys could do this more often, it's really entertaining. I wish Luke was still on the show. To those of you saying that he added nothing: He doesn't work as a journalist anymore, so of course he's going to have less to say about games in general. He's still funny as hell, though.

By the way, I must have a Weekend Confirmed t-shirt. Seriously, put those up on the 1up Store, and they'll sell like hotcakes. I'd buy five.

Farnack

Banned
Nintaiyo said:
By the way, I must have a Weekend Confirmed t-shirt. Seriously, put those up on the 1up Store, and they'll sell like hotcakes. I'd buy five.
I'd buy one.

Just maybe take off the PAX part so it doesn't feel like it was an event shirt.

Grecco

robut said:
I watched Xplay before Morgan came on and he was a lot more toned down.

They started the skits when it got rebranded to XPlay i still remember the old Extended Play show it was him and some other girl i cant remember. That show was completely different,

clashfan

Grecco said:
They started the skits when it got rebranded to XPlay i still remember the old Extended Play show it was him and some other girl i cant remember. That show was completely different,

Oh, I think I remember that. That was during the tech tv days I believe?

Grecco said:

Even before that Sessler had a show called "Gamespot TV" on ZDTV (Ziff Davis). In those days Sessler basically read Gamespot reviews aloud on television. I can't believe I watched some of that stuff. ZDTV was later turned into TechTV and then merged with G4.

shouamabane said:
Even before that Sessler had a show called "Gamespot TV" on ZDTV (Ziff Davis). In those days Sessler basically read Gamespot reviews aloud on television. I can't believe I watched some of that stuff. ZDTV was later turned into TechTV and then merged with G4.

I think it went from:

Gamespot TV with Adam Sessler and Kate Botello (sp?)
V
Extended Play with Adam Sessler (the bess, mayne)
V
X-Play
V
G4 bought up and it is still X-Play

purg3

slept with Malkin
Struct09 said:
1up Show is on break until 9/22. But there might be a 1up Specials, I saw the crew taping at PAX.

I think Shane mentioned something about Broken Pixels in the Retronauts podcast.

Struct09 said:
1up Show is on break until 9/22. But there might be a 1up Specials, I saw the crew taping at PAX.

Same go for 1UP Yours? I saw the explosion and heard about your equipment getting hosed.

But, dude... I didn't get my GFW Radio this week, there's no 1UPShow, and if I don't get atleast a 1UP Yours well, I mean... WTF am I paying you guys for? :lol

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
From Garnett's twitter

"Yes, we're going to get a Yours done today. It will be late, but we're going to make up for it with something special"

Struct09

Darunia said:
From Garnett's twitter

"Yes, we're going to get a Yours done today. It will be late, but we're going to make up for it with something special"

Jeff Green on the show, I'm calling it now

BigBoss

Grecco said:

Kate Botello, I miss Extended Play.

Farnack

Banned
Darunia said:
From Garnett's twitter

Free "Weekend Confirmed" T-Shirts for all the listeners.

Blablurn

Farnack said:
Free "Weekend Confirmed" T-Shirts for all the listeners.

jesus_raptor.gif

these tshirts were so cool. looking forward to the next show.

Trevor360

Banned
Darunia said:
From Garnett's twitter

i hope he means it will be uploaded today and not just recorded

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Trevor360 said:
i hope he means it will be uploaded today and not just recorded
Same here.
But it's pretty rare they don't put it up friday, so there isn't much reason to be skeptical.

Oxymoron said:
My iTunes is downloading it..

Up on iTunes, confirmed.

Studios are being flooded, Jeff Green is leaving, Andrew's having a nervous breakdown, Mercenaries 2 is being played, Square and Tecmo and Koei are having a corporate threesome, Gears of War 2 is impressing, Spore is fragmenting, the 360 price is dropping, and last week's PAX show is being redone (thanks 1UP user Daniel Brandt). Happy birthday, Garnett!

Uh oh and YAY!, respectively.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Speevy said:
It says it's up, but it's not. It's not up. They lied.
Hopefully it will be within the next few minutes.
I'm just finishing dinner. Would be great for my evening stroll.

Top Bottom