• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gotta be honest, I thought Dy was off his game last year. The lockout and injuries took away from his game.

Looks like the rehab in the off-season went real well. Looks to be back to his MVP self.

X7mq6.jpg

wow, he looks worn out.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Also, Dy what do you think we're going to run with in our starting lineup? You may say I'm crazy but I want us to put our most athletic guys on the floor, all other concerns be damned. We go with: Kemba, Henderson, MKG, Tyrus, and Bismack and pull Tyrus and Biz the moment they fail to box out their man for a rebound. Our asstastic rebounding has to be a huge emphasis this season, that shit needs to end.
From what I've seen so far, our backcourt pairings will always be Kemba/Henderson or Ramona/Gordon. Haywood is a lock at center most likely and Mullens (lol) is probably going to be starting day 1. Kemba/Henderson will probably start too just because of seats.

MKG is going to be interesting... he'll start, but if Dunlap puts him at the four I'll flip every table in Texas. Tyrus supposedly looks better though... that illness of his was actually legit. Doesn't excuse most of his bullshit from last year though.

DY_nasty

2YvmN.jpg

For you DY.

That is amazing. :3
Gotta be honest, I thought Dy was off his game last year. The lockout and injuries took away from his game.

Looks like the rehab in the off-season went real well. Looks to be back to his MVP self.

I'll be honest. I didn't take the season seriously. I tried to rely on my rookies (shout outs to Grover Cleveland and Legend of Joe. #getmoney) but myself and a lot of the vets just don't get out of bed for asterisks. I'm ready to troll this year though. Already got ponies on deck for Adam Blade

Fuck. LIFE.

Kobe has probably been avoiding that groupie love for a stint. Things with Vanessa will cool off, and he'll get back to his rejuvenation regiment.

From what I've seen so far, our backcourt pairings will always be Kemba/Henderson or Ramona/Gordon. Haywood is a lock at center most likely and Mullens (lol) is probably going to be starting day 1. Kemba/Henderson will probably start too just because of seats.

MKG is going to be interesting... he'll start, but if Dunlap puts him at the four I'll flip every table in Texas. Tyrus supposedly looks better though... that illness of his was actually legit. Doesn't excuse most of his bullshit from last year though.

kill me now, if Mullens starts Haywood has to be out there with him. He's the only guy we have that can somewhat counter his many limitations. But hey miracles happen, maybe Mullens will finally figure out that there's two sides to a basketball court.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
he's just being a zombie for halloween

shit he looks old, does he usually wear makeup to practice or something?

Probably just bad lighting or bad moment to get a shot. He is getting older, but I'm sure he looks better than this.

DY_nasty

kill me now, if Mullens starts Haywood has to be out there with him. He's the only guy we have that can somewhat counter his many limitations. But hey miracles happen, maybe Mullens will finally figure out that there's two sides to a basketball court.

Some people say that Mullens is the best player on the team this year. Most people agree he's our best rebounder. Also, MKG is our best ballhander. Taylor looks LOST all de time. Biyombo needs to simply grow into his body still (and learn to slow the fuck down when he gets a pass). Kembarly is just... he's determined to give fucks when should've sold them back in middle school.

I say lol. And I'm going to watch Pacers games from time to time just to see how awesome FreeJ is when he isn't forced to be the 1st option.

Some people say that Mullens is the best player on the team this year. Most people agree he's our best rebounder. Also, MKG is our best ballhander. Taylor looks LOST all de time. Biyombo needs to simply grow into his body still (and learn to slow the fuck down when he gets a pass). Kembarly is just... he's determined to give fucks when should've sold them back in middle school.

I say lol. And I'm going to watch Pacers games from time to time just to see how awesome FreeJ is when he isn't forced to be the 1st option.

If Mullens is our best rebounder we are in worse trouble than I thought. And I haven't been able to see any of the preseason games, but it surprises me that Taylor looks lost. I thought he'd be a solid contributor from the beginning, it's why I was such a fan of the pick. I was thinking we'd be able to sub him a lot for MKG if both he and Henderson can't get much going on offense. It's really early though, so we'll see. As for Biz yeah I'm hoping that a year in the league will have calmed him down a bit, if not he needs to get a ganja referral from Tyrus or something. I expect nothing but Kemba being himself this year, if he shows some semblence of being able to run an offense I'll be pumped. I don't expect it though.

DY_nasty

Its hilarious how Kobe looks to be outlasting guys younger than he is.

DY_nasty

If Mullens is our best rebounder we are in worse trouble than I thought. And I haven't been able to see any of the preseason games, but it surprises me that Taylor looks lost. I thought he'd be a solid contributor from the beginning, it's why I was such a fan of the pick. I was thinking we'd be able to sub him a lot for MKG if both he and Henderson can't get much going on offense. It's really early though, so we'll see. As for Biz yeah I'm hoping that a year in the league will have calmed him down a bit, if not he needs to get a ganja referral from Tyrus or something. I expect nothing but Kemba being himself this year, if he shows some semblence of being able to run an offense I'll be pumped. I don't expect it though.

It was really hard to get a feel for anything because how Dunlap was playing with rotations throughout preseason in his best Popovich impression. I can't tell if Taylor was lost simply because of unfamiliarity with the people he was playing with or unfamiliar with where he was supposed to be - and with a team so young top to to bottom, I really had to disagree with how Dunlap handled things this preseason. I would've much liked to see guys get on the same page before figuring out what works best. We'll have an entire season of finding out what does and doesn't work for guys... get the scheme you want down first, then work from there (imo).

But yeah, Taylor seems to be an okay defender if nothing else. He'll probably give Reggie Williams some work for his minutes - but again... it was really hard to tell too much from this preseason.

Its hilarious how Kobe looks to be outlasting guys younger than he is.

It's either play ball or stay home with Vanessa. She has "Remember 2003?" T-shirts, he can't watch what he wants without hearing "This diamond doesn't mean we're even."

His 2 year retirement plan is a strategtic move to fool Vanessa to be hush hush and prepare to unload when he's at home in 2 years. Jokes on her, he'll be back for another year or two and then join the globetrotters.

Starting at SG Kobe "Beeeeeean" Bryaaant! And starting at SG for your Washington Generals, Austin "Cry Me A" Riverrrrsss.

DY_nasty

It's either play ball or stay home with Vanessa. She has "Remember 2003?" T-shirts, he can't watch what he wants without hearing "This diamond doesn't mean we're even."

His 2 year retirement plan is a strategtic move to fool Vanessa to be hush hush and prepare to unload when he's at home in 2 years. Jokes on her, he'll be back for another year or two and then join the globetrotters.

Starting at SG Kobe "Beeeeeean" Bryaaant! And starting at SG for your Washington Generals, Austin "Cry Me A" Riverrrrsss.

I actually can't wait to see what Kobe does when he retires. I can't see him coaching or taking up a studio seat - but I do see him finding a way to stay in front of a camera somehow.

dalVlatko

Cavs lineup: Irving, Waiters, Gee, Thompson, Varejao

This is going to be difficult to watch...
4.5 hours until the main event
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/6628.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Is there an over/under for FG%?

DY_nasty

More on Harden
During extension talks with the Oklahoma City Thunder, James Harden and his agent sought a 15 percent trade kicker.

Harden was entertaining taking less than a max contract, but wanted a financial incentive should the Thunder trade him.

The Thunder were offering Harden a four-year contract in the neighborhood of $53 million.

With the Houston Rockets, Harden will be able to sign a five-year contract.
That... changes things a bit.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Even more surprising:

That's a sharp reversal of years past.

I like when a GM is willing to just cut bait like that. I know those aren't his guys, but it's nice to see. There's no point in wasting roster spots and salary on guys that suck.

Suns did not pick up Wes Johnson's option. I can't believe it.

I'm convinced he's going to be a Wizard and probably do just fine. I think Martell is finally healthy. He played good in preseason.

Funny thing about Wes is...he's absolutely fine in 2k, and 2k has never been wrong about these guys. Wall also made him look like a stud back in the rookie game.

And as far as trades, looking back now at the 2005 draft it probably worked out better that we traded you guys the #5 pick. We almost certainly don't pick a PG in the draft...so we would need to trade down and maybe get Demar or something, then end up losing Gil anyway and probably missing out on Wall and probably Cousins also. Just an all around disaster.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I like when a GM is willing to just cut bait like that. I know those aren't his guys, but it's nice to see. There's no point in wasting roster spots and salary on guys that suck.

KP/Buchanan/Born definitely would have kept them. Cho, probably not.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Shocking Knews said:
Knicks announce that Amar'e Stoudemire will undergo "left knee debridement" and miss 6-8 weeks.

via Ken Berger

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I'm convinced he's going to be a Wizard and probably do just fine. I think Martell is finally healthy. He played good in preseason.

Funny thing about Wes is...he's absolutely fine in 2k, and 2k has never been wrong about these guys. Wall also made him look like a stud back in the rookie game.

Look, I've been there. I know Wes looks like he should be awesome, but I would not wish the experience on anyone. He's just terrible. He does nothing well on a basketball court.

Now all they need is for Javale to pull his head out of his ass's ass.

If Javale can do that, the team is pretty damn good.

Problem is, it's still missing a #1. Maybe they're going for the '04 Pistons model only with offense rather than defense. But Detroit had a #1 defender in Ben Wallace.

Lawson-Iggy-Faried-McGee is pretty nice. Gallo too, of course, but I feel like they should package him with Mozgov to get a true #1. Of course, none are probably available.

DY_nasty

If Javale can do that, the team is pretty damn good.

Problem is, it's still missing a #1. Maybe they're going for the '04 Pistons model only with offense rather than defense. But Detroit had a #1 defender in Ben Wallace.

Lawson-Iggy-Faried-McGee is pretty nice. Gallo too, of course, but I feel like they should package him with Mozgov to get a true #1. Of course, none are probably available.

I don't know... I kinda have high hopes for Iggy/George Karl. I don't think they'll be contending for a while, but they've made a lot of steady improvements over the past two years. They should be a second round team this year though.
I don't think it changes much.. If he was willing to not take a max, even though he knew he could get it on the open market in exchange for a trade kicker, I don't see anything wrong with that. If anything it makes the Thunder look more petty.
That's kinda it. Harden wasn't as inflexible as I thought at least. There were more than just a few solutions to that dilemma in OKC.

Top Bottom