• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't think it changes much.. If he was willing to not take a max, even though he knew he could get it on the open market in exchange for a trade kicker, I don't see anything wrong with that. If anything it makes the Thunder look more petty.

The Blunder being petty?

But Gondo said Larden would stay and take less, loyalty to team and Jokelahoma and all that...

I don't know... I kinda have high hopes for Iggy/George Karl. I don't think they'll be contending for a while, but they've made a lot of steady improvements over the past two years. They should be a second round team this year though.

That's kinda it. Harden wasn't as inflexible as I thought at least. There were more than just a few solutions to that dilemma in OKC.

I won't agree because: Lakers, OKC, Clips, Spurs, Grizz are there. Only 4 teams make the 2nd round.

Not saying they won't make the 2nd round, but 2 of those 6 won't. And to me, the only lock right now(without injuries) are the Lakers. So which two don't? I think you could make a case for any of them depending on the matchup they get.

My final package for league pass teams (5):

Lakers, Heat, T-Wolves, Nuggets, Knicks

Can watch all Wiz games locally. Think I'm good with those teams. Wiz/T-Wolves/Nuggets for up and comers, Lakers Heat for the business and Knicks for lulz. Probably should have went for the Cats though, but not enough GAF support.

Flash

I don't think it changes much.. If he was willing to not take a max, even though he knew he could get it on the open market in exchange for a trade kicker, I don't see anything wrong with that. If anything it makes the Thunder look more petty.

I think it changes things because people thought Harden was being greedy for preferring a max contract over a winning situation... which according to this article is false. And it makes the whole "decide in an hour thing" seem even more amateur/petty seeing that Harden was more than willing to sacrifice his salary.

Harden asking for a trade kicker seems reasonable... if he's going to be loyal to the Thunder then they should do the same.

Nuggets really need to package their players for a true number one option, because right now their team looks great but I don't think they'll be able to go deep in the playoffs. I think Harden would have fit in great there but they just picked up Iggy this off season.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I won't agree because: Lakers, OKC, Clips, Spurs, Grizz are there. Only 4 teams make the 2nd round.

Not saying they won't make the 2nd round, but 2 of those 6 won't. And to me, the only lock right now(without injuries) are the Lakers. So which two don't? I think you could make a case for any of them depending on the matchup they get.

This is the same team that almost beat LA last year while a 1 year younger and dumber. A full season with McGee, Iggy, and Wilson... They're my upset favorite for the 2nd round over anyone.

I'm convinced he's going to be a Wizard and probably do just fine. I think Martell is finally healthy. He played good in preseason.

Funny thing about Wes is...he's absolutely fine in 2k, and 2k has never been wrong about these guys. Wall also made him look like a stud back in the rookie game.

And as far as trades, looking back now at the 2005 draft it probably worked out better that we traded you guys the #5 pick. We almost certainly don't pick a PG in the draft...so we would need to trade down and maybe get Demar or something, then end up losing Gil anyway and probably missing out on Wall and probably Cousins also. Just an all around disaster.

lol Jordan Crawford is a beast on the perimeter in 2k.

giri

This is the same team that almost beat LA last year while a 1 year younger and dumber. A full season with McGee, Iggy, and Wilson... They're my upset favorite for the 2nd round over anyone.

The team got worse becuase it added a "i got paid" McGee to its roster.

You thought baron davis gave no fuck? wait until McGee starts taking the food platters from the press room home.

DY_nasty

The team got worse becuase it added a "i got paid" McGee to its roster.

You thought baron davis gave no fuck? wait until McGee starts taking the food platters from the press room home.

Honestly... I think Nene and McGee were a wash. McGee did get a lot better in Denver though. I used to love flipping to Wizards games and seeing his dumbass try to go coast to coast for a dunk. He has only had a few of those completely retarded moments since he got traded. I mean shit... George Karl almost made Carmelo look efficient at times. I think he can do some good work for McGee given time.

Yeah, but the Lakers, Clippers, and Grizz got better. And I'm not sure they match up well with the Spurs.

But they could beat OKC, Clips, or Grizz (actually think they'd beat Grizz). If they play LA they're screwed.

I'm still trying to figure out how they'll finish seeding wise. This top is hard to pin down order wise. Don't think Lakers go all out. Have doubts about Spurs same but also with OKC slipping, who gets #1? Clips lol and not Grizz. Maybe Nuggets do get #1 record!?

I guess i'll predict:

Spurs
Lakers
Nuggets
OKC
Clippers
Memphis
Jazz
Warriors (would have been Wolves without Love injury. Might still be Wolves)

East is

Miami
No one else matters
Indiana
Boston
Hawks
Bulls
Knicks
Sixers
Nets

YNOT

giri

Honestly... I think Nene and McGee were a wash. McGee did get a lot better in Denver though. I used to love flipping to Wizards games and seeing his dumbass try to go coast to coast for a dunk. He has only had a few of those completely retarded moments since he got traded. I mean shit... George Karl almost made Carmelo look efficient at times. I think he can do some good work for McGee given time.

Thats cause Karl started cutting his minutes.

A lot.

He wasn't left on the court long enough to be a dumb ass.

I full expect McGee to be traded within 2 seasons.

DY_nasty

I like how NBA Gametime on xbox live is showing Kevin Martin's Top 10

and its all spot up 3s, flops, and a teardrop over Perkins

Revised west standings prediction after Harden trade:

1. Spurs
2. Lakers
3. Grizzlies
4. Nuggets
5. Jazz
6. Thunder
7. Clippers
8. Warriors

Rockets should be able to get into 8th if Bogut can't stay healthy, but this is going to be the year he does.

Kmart on his trade: "the three of us are gunna open up the floor, all of us can score 25-30 on any given night (or) in a half".."trade reminds him of Ray Allen coming over to Boston."
well at least he dont lack confidence, lol.

Smokey

I like how NBA Gametime on xbox live is showing Kevin Martin's Top 10

and its all spot up 3s, flops, and a teardrop over Perkins

i just downloaded the app on xbox and it has to be one of the worst top 10s ive ever seen. there's literally no difference 2-10.

charsace

Dwight off of back surgery will play more games than Amare did last year and will this year combined. Also, we didnt sign Amare for $20 mil a year knowing he had the knees of a 90 year old obese football player. You did.
So many Lakers fans talking all over the place since they got Howard. His iron man status is done. Go look at the history of guys that suffer back injuries. Tmac was iron man status and top of league at one point then the back problems started. That lead to knee problems. And a string of injuries just piled on.

Let's go Knicks!

Real Basketball!

iUoo2UnP91af0.gif

So many Lakers fans talking all over the place since they got Howard. His iron man status is done. Go look at the history of guys that suffer back injuries. Tmac was iron man status and top of league at one point then the back problems started. That lead to knee problems. And a string of injuries just piled on.

Stop wishing Amare on us.

exarkun

People talking shit about McGee?

He has more potential than your favorite center. And Karl is a great coach. By the All-Star break peeps on here gonna be like "McGee? Fuck that dude, why he gotta style on my team like that".

If we talking about centers, after watching Davis in preseason there ain't no doubt. Generational talent. Shit, hes averaging like 2 steals a game.

Also, Rox ain't making the playoffs. 13th place here we come!

Gotta wonder why anyone ever thought making tweeners play SF was a good idea. Beasleys killing it in 2k at the 4, but would be trash at the 3.

Is he playing a 4 for the suns? I think he can be an all-star one day.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Gotta wonder why anyone ever thought making tweeners play SF was a good idea. Beasleys killing it in 2k at the 4, but would be trash at the 3.

Is he playing a 4 for the suns? I think he can be an all-star one day.
Stop posting

Seriously

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Still no timetable for Bynum's return because of a bone bruise in his knee.

Top Bottom