• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT| Knicks fans now drinking JD in straight shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

diehard

Fleer
Want to know a great capper for today's circus?

Jordan Hill was drafted by the Knicks with a lottery pick just 3 years ago. Jordan Hill was just traded for Derek Fisher.

NEW
YORK
BASKET
BALL!!!!!

Some dude just scored 26 points , was picked as a result of a throwaway pick to go along with the Stephon Marbury trade.

giri

God, just looking back at darfting history. The bucks can be so bad at it.

Consecutive years

2007 4th overall: Yi Jianling
2008 8th overall: Joe Alexander

Puddles

Banned
MV5BMTU5NTM4MDY2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjEwNjI4._V1._SX640_SY800_.jpg

220px-Nikola_Pekovic_Timberwolves.jpg

It's just Pekovic holding the basketball with a funny expression on his face.

I don't get it.

masud

Banned
Yall ready for this Woodsanity? In his first game he masterfully coached the Knicks to the largest margin of victory in a coaches debut ever. Historic son. Now that the Knicks have a coach that will actually tell Stat n Melo to play D (and they're totally gonna do it) skys the limit for the Knicks. We're gonna see a ton of 40 point blowouts in the Woodson era.

Yall ready for this Woodsanity? In his first game he masterfully coached the Knicks to the largest margin of victory in a coaches debut ever. Historic son. Now that the Knicks have a coach that will actually tell Stat n Melo to play D (and they're totally gonna do it) skys the limit for the Knicks. We're gonna see a ton of 40 point blowouts in the Woodson era.

861114227.png

God, just looking back at darfting history. The bucks can be so bad at it.

Consecutive years

2007 4th overall: Yi Jianling
2008 8th overall: Joe Alexander

lol I remember when Yi was coming into the league they were like YI DOES NOT WANT TO PLAY FOR MILWAUKEE HE NEEDS TO BE NEAR A CHINESE MARKET LET HIM FALL TO GOLDEN STATE but Milwaukee couldn't resist the intrigue and forced him into there

lin-o.gif

Branduil

giri

lol I remember when Yi was coming into the league they were like YI DOES NOT WANT TO PLAY FOR MILWAUKEE HE NEEDS TO BE NEAR A CHINESE MARKET LET HIM FALL TO GOLDEN STATE but Milwaukee couldn't resist the intrigue and forced him into there

Yeah, i remember that. Was hilarious.

Not that the Yi pick is horrendously bad (and it was the 6th, not the 4th, my bad). There were a few ok players after him, but no one exceptionally brilliant. And he got a fair bit of hype at the time.

Lol the chad ford analysis is great

Round 1: Yi Jianlian (6)

Round 2: Ramon Sessions (56)

Analysis: From a talent perspective, the Bucks made the right choice. But will Yi ever play in Milwaukee?
The Bucks knew they were taking a risk because they knew Yi's camp didn't want him in Milwaukee. And now that the pick is made, Yi's camp probably will push for a trade.

If the Bucks have their way, they'll be rewarded with a player with tremendous potential.

linsivvi

Somebody gif that airball freethrow please.

Wait what? 2 point game? Against the Suns without Nash and Hill? At home?

Best LA indeed.

Want to know a great capper for today's circus?

Jordan Hill was drafted by the Knicks with a lottery pick just 3 years ago. Jordan Hill was just traded for Derek Fisher.

NEW
YORK
BASKET
BALL!!!!!

Why are you acting like Jordan Hill was the player that The Knicks wanted. Everyone and their mother wanted them to draft Steph Curry. I'm mad that we passed up Ty Lawson. SMH. Hindsight 20/20

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
This draft is full of dumb. Started to feel better the Warriors pick is probably headed to Utah

I keep hearing analyst scream best draft in years, but it just looks like a lot of big guys with potential that could go either way. I mean, if Anthony Davis' highest upside is Marcus Camby, is that great?

edit: Hack a Blake incoming.

man, the Clipper homer Mike Smith complains that Griffin is tired during every game.

So annoying. Always with the excuse.

edit: hack-a-griff in full force, lmao

Should be hack-a-jordan

pilonv1

I keep hearing analyst scream best draft in years, but it just looks like a lot of big guys with potential that could go either way.

The thing is you can't really say it's a good/bad draft until you see how it pans out. Unless you're talking about upside/potential, which is all subjective anyway.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Clippers need to learn how to shoot free throws. Jesus. You play basketball your entire life, shoot over .600

The thing is you can't really say it's a good/bad draft until you see how it pans out. Unless you're talking about upside/potential, which is all subjective anyway.

Indeed, I just don't see how it 'obviously' will pan out better than previous years. It could, but it seems like all the talking heads are acting as if there's a Lebron, or Duncan in the draft; an obvious franchise changing player.

I keep hearing analyst scream best draft in years, but it just looks like a lot of big guys with potential that could go either way. I mean, if Anthony Davis' highest upside is Marcus Camby, is that great?

edit: Hack a Blake incoming.

This draft was better before the season started as you figure the guys who came bacl was supposed to take the next step (they kinda haven't...Sullinger and Barnes are pretty much the same and Perry Jones got worse sort of) and the young guys was supposed to kick ass (Davis really was the only one set the world on fire and like you said he's Marcus Camby..although Camby would have been really good if not for the injuries). So a lot of the hype was not lived up too

BUT

As much as I hate the whole POTENSHUL AND WINGSPAN nonsense, a lot of college offenses are ass and a lot of players stagnate in college ball, a lot of these guys will be a lot better in the league than college.

Still you normally see who will be great in the pros by now.....a lot of maybes and we sure hope sos.

Kinda glad we are still in Mediocrity City as there aren't many sure thing gamechangers but like it will be said a lot come draft night...a whole lot of potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom